• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

Beast Legacy, thank you SO much for this gift! Now I'll definitely see if this game is the masterpiece everyone's been talking about!

PeOwS.jpg

Dropping truth bombs on Diablo 3.

Bought Who's That Flying?! and the Time Gentlemen, Please/Ben There, Done That Double Pack thanks to Salsa's Last Day of Steam Sales thread. On top of Ys: The Oath in Felghana which I was already planning on getting on the last day.

Final score:

Total War: Shogun 2 - $7.49
Payday: The Heist - $4.99
Indie Bundle II - $9.99
Ys Origin - $7.99
Vessel - $3.74
X3: Terran Conflict - $3.99
Metro 2033 - $4.99
Serious Sam 3 BFE - $9.99
Cave Story+ - $2.49
Crysis - $5.99
Pendulo Adventure Pack - $14.99
Tiny Big - $5.99
Thief II - $2.49
The Longest Journey - #2.49
Galactic Civilizations II - $4.99
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines - $4.99
Ys: The Oath in Felghana - $5.09
Time Gentlemen, Please/Ben There, Done That Double Pack - $1.00
Who's That Flying?! - $2.03

Total Damage: $105.71
(And I'll be spending about this much on the Darksiders II collector's edition next month.)

Gifts:

The Ship - Thanks Salsa!
DEFCON - Thanks friend who isn't on GAF!
Space Rangers 2: Reboot - Thanks friend who isn't on GAF!

As long as I can make it through today and tomorrow's recap without buying anything else, I think I can consider this Steam Sale a success and not feel shameful about how many games I bought.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Welp back at work. Time to stare at this thread for a while.
Haha, I love it! I remember you saying like "Well, time to go home. Thanks for the entertaining guys."

And now you're going to work again :lol

edit: I'll try and be as active as possible when I start working in 14 hours ._.

tylerf

Haha, I love it! I remember you saying like "Well, time to go home. Thanks for the entertaining guys."

And now you're going to work again :lol

edit: I'll try and be as active as possible when I start working in 14 hours ._.

Such is life :p

oh man Rochard looks and sounds awesome nooooooooo

Rochard is actually really good. One of the few games I picked up during the Winter Sale that I actually played all the way through and beat. Kind of shameful that actually playing a Steam game is a selling point thanks to these sales, but it's true!

Razek

Banned
Did I mention that I have close to 60 Hours in there and only just started my 2nd play through - I think the devs provided free DLC and added a lot of stuff. Bounty Hunters etc. Oh and they seem like genuinely nice guys that deserve your money.

Take a read of this. From the 2nd post down.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2411076

I read pretty much all of it. I can sympathize with them (It is actually bringing up some painful memories of my own development). One main but off-topic thing I got out of it was a bit more anger at steam for being generally awful with there admission process.

Still, it's an incredibly story. Regardless, I'm going to go ahead and buy it. I think from what I've seen the game warrants a purchase on it's own merits.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I bought this piece of shit game Krater because of its soundtrack and but when I downloaded it there were ONLY FUCKING MP3s. Hate Fatshark, stupid assholes. Almost every fucking soundtrack I bought on Steam is lossless, take cue, idiots.

ARGH.

sorry, I'm really pissed

Xater

Well I guess no Analogue or Splice for me. I was hoping they might be part of the last Indie Bundle and I have no hope for the flash sales. :(

Since these Steam threads seem to be full of Ys lovers, I'm going to ask, as a person who's never played a Ys game before, should I start with Origin or Oath in Felghana?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
And your room mate is Master Hand...? That sounds awesome or potentially some other word.
The whole cast is in my room :3

edit: Listening to the Bastion ending song + GAF while in bed... Life is complete.

Enco

Well I guess no Analogue or Splice for me. I was hoping they might be part of the last Indie Bundle and I have no hope for the flash sales. :(
I tell my self they'll be surprisingly good but deep inside I know we'll just get Saints Row 3, Just Cause 2 and Amnesia again.

Kawaii

Anything cheap for OSX I should pick up? I only bought Assasins Creed 2, this sale, i don't play alot of games and this will keep me busy for a few weeks.

I do run bootcamp but for just playing in short bursts it's too much of a hassle to reboot twice.

Since these Steam threads seem to be full of Ys lovers, I'm going to ask, as a person who's never played a Ys game before, should I start with Origin or Oath in Felghana?

Despite having yet played Origins, Oath in Felghana is pretty damn fantastic. Both have great soundtracks, actually all of them do!

The whole cast is in my room :3

edit: Listening to the Bastion ending song + GAF while in bed... Life is complete.

I'm not in your room man.

gdt

I meant to add a bunch of people to my friends list, but I can't remember where it got really hectic in the last thread. Can someone tell me which page? I know it was like yesterday or Friday.

Or just put your steam ID at the end of your posts duders. Starting now.

AlexBasch

I should have hated on Portal 2 so someone might have gifted it for me.

Anyway, Trine 2 sale is about to end, let's see what comes out next. :p

kitzkozan

I dont even want to think about how much I spent during this sale ;_;

I know I'm around 130$, but I don't think I will regret my purchase. :) Time for a recap to be sure...

Alan Wake franchise
Amnesia: The dark descent
Bastion
Borderlands GOTY
Crusader Kings 2
Crysis 2: Maximum edition
Darksiders
Galactic Civilization II: Ultimate edition
Left 4 Dead 2
The Longest journey
May Payne bundle
Mirror's edge
Monkey island special edition collection
Portal 2
Psychonauts
Civilization V GOTY
Super Meat boy
Shogun 2 DLC stuff
Vampire: The masquerade
Ys origin

bought some gifts

Yeah, about 130$ spent on this sale. :) It was worth it however, even if I missed out on SSFIV AE while I had the chance or wasn't home to finally buy Half Life anthology+orange box for PC at 75% off. XD

zkylon

zkylewd
Ok, accounting.

$2.49 - Alan Wake CE Extras
$8.19 - Saints Row The Third various DLC
$3.74 - Dear Esther + OST
$2.49 - Dungeon Siege III DLC
$4.99 - Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
$2.49 - Thief: Deadly Shadows
$4.99 - Analogue: A Hate Story
$5.09 - Ys: The Oath of Felghana
$2.79 - Freedom Pack
--------------------------------------------------------
$37.26 - Total

Plus gifts makes about 60 bucks total, so not too bad.

edit: my ID, if anyone's interested http://steamcommunity.com/id/zkylon/

I bought this piece of shit game Krater because of its soundtrack and but when I downloaded it there were ONLY FUCKING MP3s. Hate Fatshark, stupid assholes. Almost every fucking soundtrack I bought on Steam is lossless, take cue, idiots.

ARGH.

sorry, I'm really pissed

but how is the game?

Giard

I thought about finishing the summer sales with these...

Kohan Warchest -$4.99
Syberia Bundle - $3.74
Penumbra Collector Pack - $4.99

What do you guys think? Are these games worth it?

Soundman

Neo Member
Since this is my first Steam summer sale I've been following, what is there to expect on this last day? I know the OP mentions recap, but what does that mean?

Forgive my inexperience!

Top Bottom