• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

Hey guys, what is up with this? The lettering for the hard drive requirements of PixelJunk Eden are different. Mean anything?

4zQFy.png

OMG HALF-LIFE 3

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh, you guys! I guess I'm not going to spoil it, I'll just play it... eventually :3
OMG Please get it and play it! Or wait to play it on Winter/Halloween

You are awesome remember, haha :p
I added it to my "Remember"-list, so I'll definitely pick it up later on! I love the vibe I'm getting from the trailer, looks really creepy~

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
untitled-1.jpg

Damn you GAF and your persuasive ways!!
You sir, are fucking amazing! Thanks to everyone who bought Bastion today, I promise you won't regret it!

Ledsen

Those are repeats between winter and summer sales, though. We've been bludgeoned to death with repeats within this sale itself. This concept of flash sales is just garbage the way it was done.

Garbage? It's genius. You see it once, you hesitate... you regret it. You see it a second time... you grab that shit as fast as you can.

Are you serious? Heh, I only played Portal 2 for a few hours on my brother's 360 when he still had it, and it was wroth at least $20 for what I played. No where near finished, either.

$5 might not seem like much to a lot of you but for some it is...

Thanks for all the feedback people.

PaulLFC

If you have any interest in football/soccer whatsoever, buy Football Manager 2012.

It's an absolute steal at the current price, and if you take a bit of time to learn it (there's in-game help which is very useful if you're new to the series) you'll get your money's worth many times over. Why am I so sure? Well, for a start, this book is being released soon:

byNf4.png

Ok guys I'm sick with a sinus infection so I've missed outr on all the stuff this morning and afternoon. I have $6.09 and I'm getting Fable: The Lost Chapters. Could you guys help add stuff to that to hit my limit so I can finally be done with this sale? It would be really helpful as I'm trying to limit my time on the computer (my eyes hurt from the light ;_;).

Grakl

$5 might not seem like much to a lot of you but for some it is...

Thanks for all the feedback people.

Actually, it is a decent amount for me. I can't buy Portal 2 because I don't have $5 right now. Are you trying to make me feel bad, or something?

Koroviev

If you have any interest in football/soccer whatsoever, buy Football Manager 2012.

It's an absolute steal at the current price, and if you take a bit of time to learn it (there's in-game help which is very useful if you're new to the series) you'll get your money's worth many times over. Why am I so sure? Well, for a start, this book is being released soon:

byNf4.png

What if you know absolutely nothing about soccer or sports in general? (._. )

deejay

Anyone wants a guest pass for Red Orchestra 1 ? I have two available, just PM me if you want one.

Also have a 75% off Serious Sam 3 coupon if anyone wants it.

Actually, it is a lot a decent amount for me. I can't buy Portal 2 because I don't have $5 right now. Are you trying to make me feel bad, or something?

A little. Nah I thought you were chirpin' with your "Are you serious?" . All good.

If my son didn't need to eat then I would be fine to buy all the games!!!

Ok guys I'm sick with a sinus infection so I've missed outr on all the stuff this morning and afternoon. I have $6.09 and I'm getting Fable: The Lost Chapters. Could you guys help add stuff to that to hit my limit so I can finally be done with this sale? It would be really helpful as I'm trying to limit my time on the computer (my eyes hurt from the light ;_;).

My pics
Y's Oath (lil over our budget)
or
Audiosurf (Most fun I've had with a steam game, I keep going back to it after installing games)
Bastion (amazing)

Enco

hope Renegade is the next flash sale.
Yea I would pick it up but I doubt we'll see it. Chances are low.

I want to pick up 1 or 2 more things before the sale is over.

Looking at:

Burnout (if it goes on sale again)
Splinter Cell
Psychonauts
Bioshock 2
Renegade ops (if it goes on sale again)

I'll wait for the new vote and flash to see if there's anything else I like but if not I'll flip a coin or something and pick one of the above.

Anedar

You guys are doing good, some of you have been really close. Don't forget to cooperate, it will probably make things a bit easier.

Still working on this. The solution is probably obvious, but I can't find it, haha.

It's not a simple one step solution, so it does require some work.

Martian

Man, I hope JC2 will go 75% off. I keep thinking to buy this game, but end up don't.
If it goes on sale, I will finally see if the hype around it comes true.

Believe

Addnan

byNf4.png

My friends play time in that game :/
k43gE.jpg

I will buy if there isn't something I want more by the end.

bigace33

Yea I would pick it up but I doubt we'll see it. Chances are low.

I want to pick up 1 or 2 more things before the sale is over.

Looking at:

Burnout (if it goes on sale again)
Splinter Cell
Psychonauts
Bioshock 2
Renegade ops (if it goes on sale again)

I'll wait for the new vote and flash to see if there's anything else I like but if not I'll flip a coin or something and pick one of the above.

Bioshock 2 is $4.99 right now. Splinter Cell conviction is also $4.99 right now.

Yoshichan

Holy 701+265 hours Batman!
Dammit, now I'm hypnotized.

But I'm out of money. MWAHAHAHAHA YOU CAN'T SEDUCE ME
I will get you next ti... I mean, what are you talking about o.o?!

neoism

Does anyone know what version of the AMD drivers I use to update them from 2009...lol I need the one the doesn't need service pack 1.

byNf4.png

I don't even really like football that much and they're my most played games on steam, so addictive

PaulLFC

What if you know absolutely nothing about soccer or sports in general? (._. )
You'll pick up the basic rules very quickly - and there's the "ask assistant" feature, where the game will pick what it thinks are your best players, and the best formation, for you to use. This can be useful for the first few matches while you get an understanding of how things work. Plus, it's a great game to learn. You can easily start over and have multiple games - you can even have multiple users in one game, so you could control two teams at once, which would speed up the learning, then you can resign from one of them or start a new game once you feel more comfortable with it.

If you know none of the rules of football/soccer it might take a bit of getting used to (although Wiki has a good article if you want to read up on the rules), but once you do, there's few games that can hook you like Football Manager does, hence the book. I've put hundreds if not thousands of hours into the series so far, for £5 or your currency equivalent it's an absolute steal.

Also, this :p

I don't even really like football that much and they're my most played games on steam, so addictive

Once you pick up the basics and start getting more and more immersed in the game and the world it creates, I think you'll have a lot of fun with it. I can certainly think of much worse ways to spend £5.

Sianos

Man, I hope JC2 will go 75% off. I keep thinking to buy this game, but end up don't.
If it goes on sale, I will finally see if the hype around it comes true.

Believe

Just Cause 2 is FANTASTIC and you should buy it regardless of it wins the Communty Choice.

Why?

Because the beautiful open world filled with endless opprtunities, the flow of combat augmented by your whip, all the crazy ways you can traverse the 400 mil^2 island, and its general amazingness. It is well worth buying even at full price.

Shurayuki

byNf4.png

Spreadsheet Manager!

Absolutely, you will never need another game if you buy that. My playtime is relatively low at 150h but man, so great.

got my backwater Japanese 3rd league side Blaublitz Akita into J-League 1 through a lot of flukes, absolutely amazing game!

Top Bottom