• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
All right guys, heading to bed! Work starts tomorrow, I'll try and share my love at work as-well! :3

Thanks for the amazing entertainment during my vacation!

♥

Alex

Quite honestly it just seems like the guy is trying his best not to like the game. OiF and Origins have "hype" for a reason, and it's that they are rather good games.

Ys is too transparent for hype to matter. Its an old school 90s style Japanese ARPG with extremely polished combat and bosses and really good music. if you arent like...9, you will probably know if you like it based on that alone.

Which makes it all the more confusing as to how the hell you write a review that poorly. I don't normally care about reviews, they're not for me, but when your content is about two small paragraphs and still manages to be filled with factual inaccuracies and you're getting lost in the first dungeon of a very linear boss hack that stems from the early 90s and decide to rage on the game for it, you might want to question what you're doing.

I guess this is why everything has to have like 2 hours of tutorials, nowadays.

Martian

Just Cause 2 is FANTASTIC and you should buy it regardless of it wins the Communty Choice.

Why?

Because the beautiful open world filled with endless opprtunities, the flow of combat augmented by your whip, all the crazy ways you can traverse the 400 mil^2 island, and its general amazingness. It is well worth buying even at full price.

Unfortunately, 12 euros is a little more than I can afford to spend right now.

Luckily, the game is on sale a lot. Gamersgate had it for 5 euros like 3 months ago.

Shurayuki

Night Yoshi~ ♪

The reviews aren't kind, but it sounds OK...

Hm it's not a franchise sale eh? But if you can stand the old graphics Jagged Alliance 2 Gold might be a better fun time than the new one (didn't even look into that). JA 2 is a definite classic.

Ledsen

I also know an insane person:

namnlssokcr.jpg

Last hoorah, anything here just really not worth it (I'm assuming maybe some of the point and click adventures that look cool but maybe aren't?)

$11.99
Ys Origin

$2.49
Still Life

$3.24
Dark Fall: Lost Souls

$2.49
Post Mortem

$2.49
Scratches

$4.99
Analogue: A Hate Story

$4.99
Portal 2

$7.49
Football Manager 2012

$4.99
Galactic Civilizations II

Just went through the VIDEO tutorials on galactic 2. Game looks dope and the video tutorials really help you to understand the game. Why the hell don't other strategy games do this?

Anyway, I haven't played much but I am willing to recommend it based on what I have played so far.

Grakl

I also know an insane person:

http://www.abload.de/img/namnlssokcr.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call that insane. It's an amazing game you could make in to a hobby, and people have played games much longer than that before, such as people who devote so much time to WoW.

Koroviev

Spreadsheet Manager!

Absolutely, you will never need another game if you buy that. My playtime is relatively low at 150h but man, so great.

got my backwater Japanese 3rd league side Blaublitz Akita into J-League 1 through a lot of flukes, absolutely amazing game!

You can have Japanese teams? <_<

Shurayuki

Unfortunately, 12 euros is a little more than I can afford to spend right now.

Luckily, the game is on sale a lot. Gamersgate had it for 5 euros like 3 months ago.

Yeah got it on Amazon for 2.50$ i think and Tomb Raider GoL for what...1.50$? Both got you 5$ coupons too. I feel like I stole from Amazon :( (bought my friends a bunch of those and ended up with like 10+ coupons)

You can have Japanese teams? <_<

Not in the base game (K-League is in though) but FM has a very active modding community and you can get J-League working pretty well.

ImRight

Ok so being a new member to the Gaf, and seeing how generous everyone is, I have been totally blown away and i have been inspired to run a little giveaway of my own,

So up for grabs is

Bioshock 2 x2

Torchlight 1 x2

Bastion x2

Will just be run as a random Pick Winner, Pretty simple system not exactly as creative as some, but easy to enter (can't wait to see what that code is >.<)

As my "competition" relies on pm's and i am limited to 50 i will be running 3 seperate Stages for each game, i will repost when the next stage is going.

Please only enter for game's you do not have,

First game up for grabs Is bioshock 2

Ok so if you want to enter, Please Pm me with (in subject line)

1. The name of the game you want (I know im running 1 game at a time, this just makes things easier)

2. A number From 1 to 50, (your choice)

GOOD LUCK

I will be out for about 30/40 mins will Announce winner and next round then.

Just so people know, being a junior i have a 50 Pm limit on my account, so if you cant send a msg chances are the first round has unfortunately reached the entry limit, dont really know how the pm system on gaf works but i hope getting pm's in quick succesion wont cause problems >.<

LTWheels

Football Manager is crack. As the transfer window is starting to get busier it is getting harder to resist the FM itch. Maybe I'll start a game tonight...

I don't know what is worse.. playing a soccer manager game for that long or playing a train sim for 1k hours. This seems like the average time played for most train players.

Martian

Ok so being a new member to the Gaf, and seeing how generous everyone is, I have been totally blown away and i have been inspired to run a little giveaway of my own,

So up for grabs is

Bioshock 2 x2

Torchlight 1 x2

Bastion x2

Will just be run as a random Pick Winner, Pretty simple system not exactly as creative as some, but easy to enter (can't wait to see what that code is >.<)

As my "competition" relies on pm's and i am limited to 50 i will be running 3 seperate Stages for each game, i will repost when the next stage is going.

1. The name of the game you want (I know im running 1 game at a time, this just makes things easier)

GOOD LUCK

Just so people know, being a junior i have a 50 Pm limit on my account, so if you cant send a msg chances are the first round has unfortunately reached the entry limit, dont really know how the pm system on gaf works but i hope getting pm's in quick succesion wont cause problems >.<

Not entering myself, but extremely generous.

SteamGaf delivers again!

Gala

Half of my friendlist is playing DayZ right now, guess I should have bought Arma II instead of sending a giant package full of sweets and pizza dough to my girlfriend in Japan. Why is the german post so fucking expensive >_>

gabbo

So up for grabs is

Bioshock 2 x2

Torchlight 1 x2

Bastion x2

GOOD LUCK

I tip my hat to you good sir, and have sent a PM to you as well :)

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Steam hours are unreliable. If you leave a game running, it counts it. I have 45 hours logged on Clash of Heroes but have played maybe 5. I minimize it and then just forget about it sometimes.

Sianos

Half of my friendlist is playing DayZ right now, guess I should have bought it instead of sending a giant package full of sweets and pizza dough to my girlfriend in Japan. Why is the german post so fucking expensive >_>

Awwwww. <3

If I had money I'd gift you Day Z. Instead, I send you good wishes for your relationship.

PaulLFC

Last hoorah, anything here just really not worth it (I'm assuming maybe some of the point and click adventures that look cool but maybe aren't?)

$7.49
Football Manager 2012
Good man.

Another couple of things I forgot to mention in my last post - the game supports mods, so you can download new leagues that aren't in the base game (although it includes a huge number of leagues as-is), or even new competitions, like a super-league pitting all of the best teams in the game against each other.

You can, if you wish, control the first team, reserve team and Under-18 (academy) team at the same time, although by default only the first team is selected. Want to build up an amazing U18 academy team that will eventually progress to your first team and could dominate the league for the next decade? You can do that.

It also has a full editor. Want to give yourself practically unlimited finances, Manchester City style, and then sign all the best players? It could be seen as "cheating", but should you want to, you can do that. Want to edit your bitter rival club's cash reserves, leaving them financially crippled, on the brink of administration which could see them slide down the leagues into obscurity? You can do that too.

I know it's a cliche, but to be honest, with FM games the possibilities are endless.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
So I guess it's time to wrap this up. Instead of adding up what I spent or whatever I bought I just want to make a thank you post to everyone who was kind enough to gift me something. In no particular order (and some of these may be Steam names) thanks to:

[BWA]nexen - Drakensang: River of Time
An1lusion - Age of Wonders II, DoW Soulstorm
Areobloust - The First Templar, Burnout Paradise
Baha - Dear Esther, Family Feud Collection
Caliblue15 - Zen of Sudoku
Cloudius12 - LEGO Batman
Crackerator - Thief Collection
Datwheezy - Rune Classic
Dr Shenanigan - Drakensang
FollowSmoke - The Walking Dead, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet & Project Aftermath
GATS - Driver San Francisco Deluxe, Adam's Venture
Gray Wolf - NFS: Hot Pursuit
Jzero - Adventures of Shuggy
Mikor - Dustforce
Mr Elysia - Assassin's Creed Revelations Gold
Mr Orange/Mabz - Sid's Pirates
Nelo Ice - Dracula: Origins (wanted to get me Shuggy but Jzero cockblocked him!)
Shintoki - Sim City 4
Steel - Age of Wonders Shadow Magic
Stop It - Rayman Origins
Tragicomedy - Dark Souls Prepare to Die
Uzu - La Noire Complete & other assorted gifts!
Vocab - The Dream Machine (all chapters) & Deus Ex GOTY
Whistlecock - Dynamite Jack
Wilflare & Xenoflux - RAGE

If I got your name wrong or forgot to include someone/something my apologies. Thanks to Steam GAF group chat for being so awesome! Thanks to everyone who contributed to the Steam thread info, Salsa for keeping it up, Stump for removing those spoilers and to my friends new & old for keeping me company.

Top Bottom