• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

Damn, how many days is that?

What, no calculator on your computer?

lol jk, its 67.225 days. -_- O.M.G. I thought I got addicted to games sometimes. I consider my 320 hours of TF2 to be rather unhealthy but that is just insane. WoW levels of addiction there. I sincerely hope that person has been playing since launch. 681 days since launch, meaning this dude has played Civ 5, on average, 2 hours 22 minutes per day for 2 years straight.

Either that or he leaves civ5 open all the time.

tylerf

Well I spent the last of my steam wallet on Gal Civ 2. Guess I'm done now.

(Someone hide my credit card and change my paypal password)

Razek

Banned
Ok so being a new member to the Gaf, and seeing how generous everyone is, I have been totally blown away and i have been inspired to run a little giveaway of my own,

So up for grabs is

Bioshock 2 x2

Torchlight 1 x2

Bastion x2

Will just be run as a random Pick Winner, Pretty simple system not exactly as creative as some, but easy to enter (can't wait to see what that code is >.<)

As my "competition" relies on pm's and i am limited to 50 i will be running 3 seperate Stages for each game, i will repost when the next stage is going.

Please only enter for game's you do not have,

First game up for grabs Is bioshock 2

Ok so if you want to enter, Please Pm me with (in subject line)

1. The name of the game you want (I know im running 1 game at a time, this just makes things easier)

2. A number From 1 to 50, (your choice)

GOOD LUCK

I will be out for about 30/40 mins will Announce winner and next round then.

Just so people know, being a junior i have a 50 Pm limit on my account, so if you cant send a msg chances are the first round has unfortunately reached the entry limit, dont really know how the pm system on gaf works but i hope getting pm's in quick succesion wont cause problems >.<

What if somebody picks the same number?

Koroviev

Steam hours are unreliable. If you leave a game running, it counts it. I have 45 hours logged on Clash of Heroes but have played maybe 5. I minimize it and then just forget about it sometimes.

That's what I've been doing lately. My hours are deceiving! :x

Other than The Witcher 2 being on Sale again, this is possibly one of the most disappointing final days in a Steam Sale for a long time.

85.6 hours over the last two weeks? REALLY?

So? I like run over pedestrians with my horse.

IBJ6n.png

Gandie

Giving away one copy each of:

*Hitman: Blood Money
*Audiosurf
*Frozen Synapse

Send me a PN with your steam name no later than 1AM CEST (1h20minutes from now) to enter. I will draw at random.

Enter for ONE GAME ONLY.

NZNova

I've tried to understand the appeal of Football Manager but I've never quite made it. And I'm a person who likes watching football.

*Audiosurf
*Frozen Synapse

Send me a PN with your steam name no later than 1AM CEST (1h20minutes from now) to enter. I will draw at random.

Enter for ONE GAME ONLY.

Do we put the name of the game in the header or is it a random drawing for three different games?

PaulLFC

I've tried to understand the appeal of Football Manager but I've never quite made it. And I'm a person who likes watching football.
From playing it, or just articles/videos etc? To be honest, you have to play it and get past the initial "what am I doing?" phase, but once that happens, usually it hooks people in and before you know it it's the early hours of the next morning and you're wondering where the time went.

Gandie

Do we put the name of the game in the header or is it a random drawing for three different games?

Sorry, to clarify

*Audiosurf
*Frozen Synapse

Enter for ONE GAME ONLY by putting the game you want in the PN text or header.

Syberia 1 8CC22-8T63X-7H06Q
Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 0QBHP-3B45K-3KEIR 8F2XW-E0K8J-HYGM3
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee + Exoddus 8E6XT-9KEMF-DZQ79
Harvest: Massive Encounter ALQCJ-3QL7M-5MKEK

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

*Audiosurf
*Frozen Synapse

Enter for ONE GAME ONLY.

Your PM box is going to fill up SO FAST. :lol Nice contest though. :D

PaulLFC

Are there older versions of the game? I only see 2012 on Steam.
There are older versions (the series is released yearly, has been around for years, first as Championship Manager, then Football Manager since 2005). Since 2009 (I think), it's been Steamworks. I doubt you'll get even the older versions for much less than £5 though, and it's by far the best in terms of mod support, game engine etc. I'd say if you're interested, go for the 2012 version.

Kinda can't believe that RE5/Operation Raccoon City didn't go on sale at all. Also that Lost Planet 2 and DMC4 didn't hit 75%. Guess I can't be too sore with Capcom, though, because there were flash sales for SSFIVAE and Dead Rising: OTR at least.

Elfish

I've just bought S.P.A.Z.

What a great little gem and it was built by only two men.

Please everyone vote for the Just Cause 2 community choice sale.

Shakka

Man, I hate that they never had Tribes Ascend Starter Pack as a daily/flash deal after they had it about a week ago.

I saw it there at that time, but did not buy it because I wanted to download it first to see whether my PC can run it. Turns out it can and I love the game, but after I was done testing the sale had already ended. Since then I've been waiting for another sale, but unfortunately, it never appeared.

Well, I guess I will have to buy it at the current price, summer sale only lasts another 19 hours after all.

Chairhome

I'm kinda glad I didn't go overboard this sale. I did get Batman Fever this weekend and bought all the Arkham City DLC. Only other purchase besides that was Thief 2. Still thinking about getting the Witcher 2, but I haven't even touched the first one so hopefully it goes on sale again when I actually finish that one. Also Ys Origin, I missed the flash sale, but my backlog... :-/.

Kinda can't believe that RE5/Operation Raccoon City didn't go on sale at all. Also that Lost Plant 2 and DMC4 didn't hit 75%. Guess I can't be too sore with Capcom though. At least there were flash sales for SSFIVAE and Dead Rising: OTR.

I'm more annoyed that Bionic Commando Rearmed didn't go on sale, but eh... have other things.

Top Bottom