• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

Sianos

Tribes looks pretty good, but the base game is free and TF2 will always be the multiplayer FPS for me, despite all the jank.

Shakka

I know for sure they had Tribes as a flash and possibly a daily?

Yeh, they did and I saw it, but I had to download and test the game (to see if I can run it, cause my PC is pretty old) first, and when I was done testing the sale was over (stupid mistake on my part).

Derrick01

Banned
I am pretty upset MLB 2k12 never had a special deal of any kind. I should have jumped when Amazon was selling steam keys for $10 a few weeks ago.

Shurayuki

There are older versions (the series is released yearly, has been around for years, first as Championship Manager, then Football Manager since 2005). Since 2009 (I think), it's been Steamworks. I doubt you'll get even the older versions for much less than £5 though, and it's by far the best in terms of mod support, game engine etc. I'd say if you're interested, go for the 2012 version.

Yeah 2012 or 2011 I'd say. The differences between those don't seem really huge, I wouldn't go back further than that. There should be a demo if you want to dip your toes in (can't check since FM isn't available in Germany). If you never played one before (or even manager games) take your time, it can be overwhelming, but you can delegate most tasks to your Co-Trainer and let the cpu handle things, don't feel ashamed to do that.

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, friends keep trying to convince me to pick up ARMA2 to play DayZ with them, but I'm trying to hold strong in an effort to make some progress on my growing backlog.
Like that will happen lol

Finally got some decent internet. Fuck Eastern Europe :( Luckily I had my drones installed. Haul (including gifts):

Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Blood Bowl Legendary Edition
Dragon Age Origins - Ultimate Edition

LA Noire
Legend of Fae
Legend of Grimrock
Prince of Persia 2008
Saints Row: The Third
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
Thief Gold
Thief II: The Metal Age
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Trine 2
The Walking Dead
Waves
Wings of Prey
The Witcher 2
Ys The Oath in Felghana
Ys Origin

And lots of DLC. Goddamn.

Ugh, friends keep trying to convince me to pick up ARMA2 to play DayZ with them, but I'm trying to hold strong in an effort to make some progress on my growing backlog.
I'm in the same boat, don't worry. =/

Steam down for anyone?

Sorry

The Steam Store is experiencing some heavy load right now. Please try again later.
Yeah, store seems down.

EDIT: And it's back.

Sianos

I resisted Arma II
so I could spend that money on other games.

I'll pick it up during the Winter when it's a smidge cheaper.

blazeuk

Only 7 more hours and you can ignore it because it's no longer on sale (thats my plan anyway... I have to keep reminding myself i'm far too poor to afford it and mustn't buy!)

causan

So here is my 2012 Steam Summer Sell haul:

Galactic Civilizations II

Freedom Force Pack

PixelJunk Eden

Trine 2

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

The Witcher 2

Alan Wake Bundle (Summer 2012)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

L.A. Noire Complete Edition

The Walking Dead

Batman Arkham City: Harley Quinn DLC

Batman Arkham City

Total: 85.42
Gamestop trade in/gift card: -40.00

Out of pocket total: 45.42

This has been a pretty great sale. The only regrets I have not picking up are Skyrim for 30 and double dipping on Saints Row the Third for 12.

Danielsan

Well... just bought Batman Arkham City. How could I not after just watching the movie...
Hopefully my last actual purchase, unless something really tempting comes up.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Finally checked my Backloggery breakdown and I'm, like, -18 in the hole on games added vs. games beaten now. Was even just two weeks ago too. Also have a little 'poisoned' badge icon under my name that says I've added too many games in row. I didn't even know that was an actual thing.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
G9DoA.png
I AM INVINCIBLE
vfHJP.gif

joezombie

Football Manager is also a great way to get into the sport itself, whether you want to or not. Before I started playing FM in 2008, I knew absolutely nothing about the game, though had played youth football. Now it's probably my favorite sport despite not having a local team to follow. Just wish it didn't take so long to get through seasons

Miker

Just Alan Wake for $10 for me, although I picked up Europa Universalis III and Mount and Blade: Warband from Tony's giveaway, and a friend gifted me Payday.

By far the least damage done to my wallet during a Steam sale, BUT WHY AM I STILL UNHAPPY?

Sianos

Just Alan Wake for $10 for me, although I picked up Europa Universalis III and Mount and Blade: Warband from Tony's giveaway, and a friend gifted me Payday.

By far the least damage done to my wallet during a Steam sale, BUT WHY AM I STILL UNHAPPY?

THERE'S THE PROBLEM

Danielsan

Because you must spend more, MORE!

deejay

Is there anyone who wants to trade Whispered World with me ?

I have a Nuclear Dawn key to trade, or The Void.

The game costs €20 here, but supposedly it costs €5 in some other countries.
If anyone could help out, that would be great :)

Is there anyone who wants to trade Whispered World with me ?

I have a Nuclear Dawn key to trade, or The Void.

The game costs €20 here, but supposedly it costs €5 in some other countries.
If anyone could help out, that would be great :)

Yeah. Its 5€ here in Germany.

Sorry that I can not help u out. My steamwallet is broke, but its really a nice little point and click gem :)

Razek

Banned
30 minutes til everyone buys Just Cause 2 again!

I hope so, it would be nice to get a hefty amount of Gaffers for when the multiplayer mod becomes fully functional. Could you imagine a private server with 1000 members running around? The stuff that could be organized would be amazing!

Top Bottom