• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

diffusionx

Gold Member
Is Test Drive Unlimited 2 still as bad as all the impressions last year? I always loved the concept of the game but stayed away at release. PC Gamer gave it a 90%. It never got a daily/flash and it's $10 now.

zkylon

zkylewd
Sorry I'm so late.

cyqSk.gif

Hate that they moved the tree, makes the gif look weird.
Yeah it kinda ruins it. Good job though.

LOZLINK

Pretty decent sale. Got Arma 2, mirrors edge, dead island, Vegas ultimate, Trine 2 and clear sky. Pretty broke til Thursday so I wasn't able to gift crazy like last year. Used to troll people with gifts like train Sims and Victoria 2 to people I know wouldn't play them :lol

Shurayuki

Your image isn't displaying. I have Gemini Rue but haven't played it yet. Never heard of the Blackwell stuff but may look into it. I need Yesterday and Lone Survivor, ugh.

Because it was supposed to be a link, steam sales make sleep go all awry. Play Gemini Rue!

Okay I'm saying right now that the worst thing about this year's sale (outside of kingdoms of amulur not going on sale, stupid rhode island) was those indie bundles. It might be better for a lot of those devs, but it was terrible for me (and I'm assuming many others who have been on steam awhile and have some games built up). They rarely got discounts outside of them, and I'm not going to spend $10 to buy a game in a pack where I own the other 4. I'm looking through some of my wishlist as per last day tradition, and I'm kind of disappointed that I didn't get stuff like Splice or Lone Survivor, both in bundles where I owned all the rest of the games. By themselves Lone Survivor only got 35% off and Splice was 50% (which isn't too bad for a normal flat rate during the sale) but it's totally something that would have gotten a 75% off during a daily or something.

At the end of the day, it was a good sale overall, and I picked up a lot of stuff. Valve changes how they do stuff and experiment all the time. I'm glad they try new things, makes some of this stuff exciting. But I'm not sure the daily indie bundles were good for me. I'm sure Valve knows whether they were good for them or the developers though and I bet next sale we'll see, in what has changed, what did and didn't work in that.

I am a fool. Thank you thank you :D this is excellent news

No Prob. It was getting worrying that no one has thought about Amazon, so I wasn't exactly worried about SSFIV:AE not getting discounted again during Steam Summer Sale (then again I'm not buying it for 2 reasons).

evilhomer

Can someone tell me why Faerie Solitaire is so special? No one's answering in the other thread.

The dev gave away 20k or something like that code keys at steamgift and on reddit too I think a while back so lots of people know about it from that.

edit: I played it for a bit after I got a key, seems like an alright game.

rybrad

Okay I'm saying right now that the worst thing about this year's sale (outside of kingdoms of amulur not going on sale, stupid rhode island) was those indie bundles. It might be better for a lot of those devs, but it was terrible for me (and I'm assuming many others who have been on steam awhile and have some games built up). They rarely got discounts outside of them, and I'm not going to spend $10 to buy a game in a pack where I own the other 4. I'm looking through some of my wishlist as per last day tradition, and I'm kind of disappointed that I didn't get stuff like Splice or Lone Survivor, both in bundles where I owned all the rest of the games. By themselves Lone Survivor only got 35% off and Splice was 50% (which isn't too bad for a normal flat rate during the sale) but it's totally something that would have gotten a 75% off during a daily or something.
I tend to agree with this sentiment. If they would have at least made the extra copies giftable I probably would have bought a couple different bundles and hooked my friends up with games I already had.

Top Bottom