• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

ImRight

futurama_fry_looking_squint.jpg

Punny pun is Punny

i Lold!

:D

Just caved on the Assassins Creed pack. I've never played much of it before but it always looks interesting. With my new laptop it should make for some nice couch gaming.

Not much of a test for the GTX680m though.

EDIT: Why only Splinter Cell Convition discounted :( I really want Chaos Theory.

Gilby

Depends on taste as Ys Oath has more of a Zelda-esque structure (though not fully) whereas Ys Origin is a straight up dungeon crawl, but Ys Oath is cheaper and better to jump in with first, plus there's the slim chance Origin gets a sale tonight or something. So get Oath, see what you think, and get Origin later whether it gets a flash sale or not.

Neither are long games by the way and have become one-of-a-kind, so I don't think it's like asking which strategy game you should be getting when you could spend dozens of hours on just one.

Alright, thanks! I'll probably get Oath then. I shouldn't really be spending more money right now, but it's so cheap...

Roubjon

Madwall has kindly donated a 75% of Trine 2 coupon, so I can hold a mini contest!

THE CONTEST

Write a one paragraph+ erotic fan fiction starring the characters of Trine 2 and post it here!

I'll choose the winner in an hour and fifteen minutes, at 9:00 PM EST!

GO GO GO!

It was a dark and stormy night, and we all know what that means: babes. John the Knight and Smith the Wizard headed down into the red light district of Fairy land with all the jewels and emeralds needed for an evening of fun, and of course a buy 1 get 1 half off coupon for the classiest gentlemen's club in the vicinity, otherwise known as "The Greasy Unicorn Horn". Upon entering, their saliva glands exploded as they witnessed Vixie the Pixie doing her naughty doings. Need I say more? Fun was had and vouchers were exchanged as the three of them did everything your ungodly imaginations could possibly conjure up, and then some.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Final day purchases: Noitu Love 2 and a Broken Sword gift out-of-the-fucking-nowhere.

AHA-Lambda

For the new page. Can anyone help me out with this one? I'd rather not checkout to find it runs horribly... :p

I didn't have many problems with it on Windows 7 64 bit apart from 2 very annoying glitches in particular:

1) the infamous reef lights glitch, plenty of info about this one online though (everyone seems to get this glitch).
2) The ending chase where
you need to escape the collapsing tunnels in the underwater city
. No matter what I did I always died in the same spot for some reason; I found out that apparently modern PCs run this section too fast to reasonably complete. I had to download a fan patch to modify the run speed of the character just to see the ending of this game. Helluva frustrating that last part.

Shurayuki

I have no idea what you have linked to. Looks like a dodgy site.

Definitely not a dodgy site, I have BeMine Bundles 1&2, but their account system is pretty shit, I think you have to sign up with some social nonsense like facebook or twitter, I have a fake one for this kind of BS.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Just waiting on the second place winner!

Please check up top incase you have a Private Message. It could be you!

Shurayuki

While we are talking about Broken Sword (and I saw many people get it), Steam still doesn't have the remade version of 2 right? Game page makes no mention of it. Still only available at GOG? (i have the trilogy on steam, but would really like to play the enhanced version)

I was really hoping for a Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena deal this sale. I've never played any of the games but I've heard great things about them. That sucks.

Fusebox

Banned
I finally decided to grab Crysis 1 even though I was convinced I'd have to wait until I get a new PC to play it, but it runs freaking sweet at 1920 x 1280 with all settings at Medium on my old i7 with HD5770! This game has some bad-ass gunplay and amazing sound work too, I'm loving it!

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I just read that you can't rename or delete categories once you create them in Steam. Is that true? Sounds like a terrible idea.

Ultimadrago

It was a normal day on the journey of your three heroes. Amadeus was busy taking a short cat nap, Zoya off on her own, and Pontius drinking the night away. "Hark, thief," Pontius shouted to Zoya, "come over and enjoy a drink!" A sly smile crawls upon Zoya's face as she seductively walks over to the obviously drunk Pontius, bending down and rubbing her bosom against his shining armor. "Whatever do you need now, Pontius? Would you like... a kiss from a fair maiden?" Pontius, as confused as ever, starts fumbling over his words. "A-a-a WHAT?! You wish to show me your affection?! If you say so..." Pontius puckers his lips and leans forward. Zoya does the same, but right before their lips lock... Zoya reaches behind Pontius, grabs his sack of gold, and runs! Zoya laughs, "Thanks for the gold, Pontius!" Pontius is fuming at this point, he slowly stands up and runs forward, only to collapse back onto the ground in his drunken stupor! "When I catch my bearings, you'll regret this, Zoya...!!"

The end. Too much?

I don't want it.

:lol

Silly Pontius.

Ciastek3214

GAF, sell me on The Last Remnant, but what you should know first, I don't like Final Fantasy too much, also I rather play a jRPG that's as little Japanese-ish as possible.

Just tried running Vampire: Masqurade: Bloodlines. Received an 'Engine Error' on startup and each subsequent attempt to startup stating 'Available memory less than 15MB!!! -1'. Does anyone know what this is and/or how to fix it?

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Its not me :(

It still couild be because in a bizarre twist of fate the first place winner actually turned down the prizes as he owned them already so after the second place picks their game there will be 2 games in the random number draw. That's a 1-6 chance of winning! =D

gabbo

Just tried running Vampire: Masqurade: Bloodlines. Received an 'Engine Error' on startup and each subsequent attempt to startup stating 'Available memory less than 15MB!!! -1'. Does anyone know what this is and/or how to fix it?

You have to install the latest community patches

Top Bottom