• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

Just tried running Vampire: Masqurade: Bloodlines. Received an 'Engine Error' on startup and each subsequent attempt to startup stating 'Available memory less than 15MB!!! -1'. Does anyone know what this is and/or how to fix it?

There is tons of stuff wrong with trying to run that game on a modern os. There are guides on here that basically mod the game completely out and it's just worth it to end up doing that. I'll try and find it really quick.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=435808

Here just follow the directions in the op.

statham

So Far,

Deus Ex DLC
AW American Nightmare
Company Of Heroes
HL2 Ep. 2
The Last Remnant
Post Mortem
Stalker COP
Still Life 2
Syberia Bundle
Walking Dead
Deus Ex DLC

Still not done, Going to probably spend another $25 on games I was waiting on to hit lower.

dani_dc

Shurayuki

I just read that you can't rename or delete categories once you create them in Steam. Is that true? Sounds like a terrible idea.

They will randomly delete themselves anyways so no bother ;P

j/k, but i think there was a file you should back up in case it happens?

I've done it a few times, I might just spam it till it works, lol.

Haha yeah, that would be a stupid reason to miss out on the (wildly important but still) badge!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Okay, so i'm purchasing two packs of Cubemen, but I had a question.

So, after I buy the initial two pack and send the second copy, do I buy additional two packs for myself, or do I buy them as gifts and tell the person receiving the gift who to send the second game to?

iNvid02

£10 spent all on shitty dlc, and before it was discounted
oY6Wk.png

1wjU9.png

You have to install the latest community patches

There is tons of stuff wrong with trying to run that game on a modern os. There are guides on here that basically mod the game completely out and it's just worth it to end up doing that. I'll try and find it really quick.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=435808

Here just follow the directions in the op.

Thanks everyone. Following the guide in the OP as we speak. :)

filipe

I just read that you can't rename or delete categories once you create them in Steam. Is that true? Sounds like a terrible idea.

Don't think that's true. I've made plenty of categories and I believe that if you just remove any game from a certain category it disappears. I had plenty of categories before I had an error occur that wiped them so now I just use two for current and finished games, and all the other categories are gone.

Okay, so i'm purchasing two packs of Cubemen, but I had a question.

So, after I buy the initial two pack and send the second copy, do I buy additional two packs for myself, or do I buy them as gifts and tell the person receiving the gift who to send the second game to?

I think as a gift.

dot

Can someone get me Just Cause 2? I can offer The Ship in trade. Might have something else for trade too but it's even more common.

It's around $5 in here and in the US it's only $3.74 ...! It would be the very final sale for me, didn't want to miss that one. Thanks in advance.

I'd gift you it but i currently don't have monies. I'm sure someone will help you soon though.

My last remaining goals are Crusader Kings II and both Ys games. Buy today or hope for the redux tomorrow?! Maybe?!

Buy today, both Ys games haven't gotten cheaper than the initial sales price. Origins would of but steam community voted for KotOR instead (they love them some ten year olds).

There's two different packs in it that has Crusader Kings 2 in one pack and DLC in the other pack. It'll cost about 20 bucks overall so do price comparisons to see which is cheaper (unless you want everything then just jump on em).

Final day purchases(not including anything from previous days):

Just Cause 2
Assassins Creed Pack
Splinter Cell Pack

More then enough to keep me occupied till halloween.

Big thanks to those who helped me with gifting. Wont name name's to avoid them getting bombarded with requests lol.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So Far,

Deus Ex DLC
AW American Nightmare
Company Of Heroes
HL2 Ep. 2
The Last Remnant
Post Mortem
Stalker COP
Still Life 2
Syberia Bundle
Walking Dead
Deus Ex DLC

Still not done, Going to probably spend another $25 on games I was waiting on to hit lower.

Noticed you picked up Syberia, Still Life and Post Mortem. Have you ever played those before? Are they any good? I have been on the fence for those games.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Is Ys: Origin so good that I should just get it now, or can I just focus on Ys: Oath and wait will a Winter sale or something?

coopolon

Hmm, AC: Rev was pretty hard to pass up the previous times. It'd be nice to complete my collection before 3, but I really doubt I'll get around to playing it before 3 is released and I'm sure after 3 it will drop in price more.

Razek

Banned
Just waiting on the second place winner!

Please check up top incase you have a Private Message. It could be you!

"Huh?"
*Scrolls up
Gold Private Message-Unread 1
"Woo!"

Somebody mistook me for ImRight's contest again and PM'd me their game and number.

sigh lol

gabbo

Noticed you picked up Syberia, Still Life and Post Mortem. Have you ever played those before? Are they any good? I have been on the fence for those games.

Still Life is a good p&c adventure, with a few "honey on the cat hair makes a moustache"-type puzzles and an ending that may anger you.

It still couild be because in a bizarre twist of fate the first place winner actually turned down the prizes as he owned them already so after the second place picks their game there will be 2 games in the random number draw. That's a 1-6 chance of winning! =D

Yay! I love twists!!

Is Ys: Origin so good that I should just get it now, or can I just focus on Ys: Oath and wait will a Winter sale or something?
OiF is great, but you'll probably want to hop on to Origin once you beat it to take even more Ys into your veins. Just wait till the last possible moment in case it comes up as a flash deal. You never know!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Still Life is a good p&c adventure, with a few "honey on the cat hair makes a moustache"-type puzzles and an ending that may anger you.

I have never heard that expression before but I'm going to put that in my holster and use it later in life. Excellent.

Are the games very long? I like adventure games but honestly don't want to be putting in 10 hours for each of these.

Joe Molotov

I've been away from home base (but still participating in the sale via phone), do we know yet if this sweet-ass badge is good for anything yet? Something like "Unlocks the bonus 12th day of sales with all the best deals for badge-holders only"?

gabbo

I have never heard that expression before but I'm going to put that in my holster and use it later in life. Excellent.

Are the games very long? I like adventure games but honestly don't want to be putting in 10 hours for each of these.

It's a quote from an old Idle Thumbs podcast describing the ridiculousness of adventure game puzzles :)

I haven't beaten Still Life 2 yet, but I think I put 8-10 hours into the first one. Maybe a little longer for a couple puzzles. That being said, it was the first adventure game I had played in ages, so one might burn through it quicker if the learning curve is smaller for them.

Shurayuki

^ Lack of EUIII is sad but still amazing value!

Get The Blackwell games then! :3

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40151094&postcount=149

Yeah, its really short. I finished it in 3 hours maybe? Guess that should be mentioned as well when talking about the value of these games. Might be a plus for some though, its a very well done game that you can actually finish in one sitting and wont linger for ages in your backlog.

Top Bottom