• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Have Arkham City and Asylum ever been cheaper?

Dunno what the price is now, but Arkham Asylum GOTY was $4.99 last Xmas here in NZ so it could've been cheaper for US. I'd pretty much guarantee Arkham City will be $5 come Xmas sale.

ImRight

Here is a new hint for the code if you guys are still intrested: Using binary was only for throwing you off track, and it seemed to work pretty good. Don't focus to much on it.

WAIT WHAT!

NEW CODE, WHAT WAS THE ANSWER TO THE OLD CODE!?!

Edit: Oh what... Did you Ninja Edit that or did i just imagine seeing NEW? :-/

Fireblend

Banned
Here is a new hint for the code if you guys are still intrested: Using binary was only for throwing you off track, and it seemed to work pretty good. Don't focus to much on it.

Oh shit, the code lives...! what was it, again? ugh, and I was planning on having fun tonight...

Edit: here it is, if any of you guys want to give it a shot:

00111111 01011000 00000011 01100100 10001001 10101110 00101110 01000101 01110001 11100100 00011101 11000101 10101011 00001011 11111010 01010111

Zimbardo

Voted Alan Wake as Remedy deserve it more. Bethesda and Rockstar can suck it.

hmmm ...but didn't Alan Wake start out as a PC game, only to have Remedy turn their backs on PC gamers because they jumped into Microsoft's exclusive Xbox bed?

only after Alan Wake not producing stellar sales on Xbox did they come crawling back to PC gamers, a couple years later, to try and muster up some more sales.

so i dunno dude. Remedy can kinda suck it as well.

(i bought Alan Wake on PC for around $12 on a previous sale,btw ...and the DLC this sale)

legacyzero

Banned
Look what you've done to me!!!!

i4Yl8dSIDxtqQ.png

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
I need to add up and post my game list tomorrow. I think i wound up near $275. Not sure. Ton of games though. First Steam Sale was interesting to say the least.

Card Boy

Banned
Does Crysis 2 Maximum Edition have the hi-res texture pack? If not where do i get it from? Also what kinda of performance hit if any can it take on a 2gb GTX670?

Novacain

Does it work fine?

Yeah, definitely. I bought RoS on day 1, played through multiple campaigns of it. The Steam store page has never displayed the regular green "you own this" bar. Specifically for RoS. I own all of the other DLC for Shogun 2 including FoS, and they all show that I own them on the Store Page. RoS and all of the DLC shows up just fine in the DLC list with Vanilla installed though, and everything works perfectly.

Bit of a headache, I know, but you should be fine when you install Shogun 2.

legacyzero

Banned

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
My most pleasant surprises of this sale that I've tried out thus far are Morrowind (with the graphic overhaul mod it is AMAZING), Fable (looks awesome even today) and the Geneforge pack. Never played the later games but fired the first up tonight and it is right up my alley. ANd it looks better than Avernum: Escape from the Pit despite having "worse" graphics. Man I love PC gaming.

Now my problem is, i have too many RPGs. I need to pick one and stick with it.

LProtag

Yeah, definitely. I bought RoS on day 1, played through multiple campaigns of it. The Steam store page has never displayed the regular green "you own this" bar. Specifically for RoS. I own all of the other DLC for Shogun 2 including FoS, and they all show that I own them on the Store Page. RoS and all of the DLC shows up just fine in the DLC list with Vanilla installed though, and everything works perfectly.

Bit of a headache, I know, but you should be fine when you install Shogun 2.

Weird. I'm trying to borrow my roommate's computer to check it out. I'm currently on a Mac so I have no way to figure out if everything's cool, haha.

Thanks for the help.

Edit: It shows up on my friend's computer who has it installed. Awesome.

Mr. Hyde

117.59 - 26 (for Tales of Graces F towards a $50.00 steam wallet card at gamestop) = $91.59. This is a lot more than I wanted to spend but I doubt I will be buying much during the winter sale for various reasons, so it will be a good investment. I acquired a lot of games I've wanted for a while, so I am excited.

Card Boy

Banned
ubisoft shit drm warning

No. Again

1) Online checkup at startup only
2) Has offline mode
3) Steam page says "3rd-party DRM: Ubisoft Online Service Platform" instead of "3rd-party DRM: Ubisoft’s Online Services Platform. Ubisoft requires a permanent Internet connection to play this video game at all times."

I know trust me, I got the game.

Fireblend

Banned
Also, I'm ready to declare Rayman Origins as Game of the Sale for me. Such an amazing, incredibly fun, entertaining and thoroughly detailed game. After spending more than 9 hours playing it with my girlfriend and brother, I can honestly say I've never felt like this playing a game since the N64 days, when my friends and I literally narrated our Mario Kart 64 races. This game is the definition of fun, and I can't possibly recommend it enough.

HiiiLife

It's awesome being able to play Payday with guys who won't boot you for your low level. Hoping it'll stay like that for the most part.

ImRight

Does Crysis 2 Maximum Edition have the hi-res texture pack? If not where do i get it from? Also what kinda of performance hit if any can it take on a 2gb GTX670?

There is also a DX 11 Update for it, im not sure if its included in the setting now, IIRC it is,
but again IIRC the performance Impact is rather significant with both,

however i was running it on a R-7970 with release drivers which Sucked ass Big time, i saw like 20-30 fps increase in Cry 1 and slightly less significant increase in other games after the Third..? i think, Release lol >.<

glaurung

The summer sale was fun and I grabbed many a missed item for a pittance.

However, something that annoyed me to no end was the often seen Not Available in Your Region flag. I still cannot purchase Skyrim via Steam. Or Arkham City. Or Fable III (though that one sucks nard).

All things considered, the summer sale page might as well look like this:

steamsales2012.jpg

The screenshot is doctored of course. But even now approximately two games per day are not available for me.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
God damn, I'm never going to get this last badge task, I've tried joining and leaving the Summer Camp group over and over, via browser and steam client on different computers.

Pain in the ass, lol.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
hmmm ...but didn't Alan Wake start out as a PC game, only to have Remedy turn their backs on PC gamers because they jumped into Microsoft's exclusive Xbox bed?

only after Alan Wake not producing stellar sales on Xbox did they come crawling back to PC gamers, a couple years later, to try and muster up some more sales.

so i dunno dude. Remedy can kinda suck it as well.

When a game is platform exclusive for a certain amount of time, no one, devs, publishers etc are allowed to say "But don't worry, it will come to PC in XX months" so I doubt Remedy just suddenly said "Oh well, since it sold shit on 360 let's go back to the PC". It was always going to come to PC.

Runs fine on my GTX460 with the Hi-Res texture pack.

NZNova

I bought Civ5 and Gods & Kings at the same time, and now when I start up Civ5 it's all branded with G&K. If I go into the DLC menu and disable G&K, does that restore Civ5 to vanilla mode completely?

I just want to play some vanilla matches before I dive into the G&K stuff...

God damn, I'm never going to get this last badge task, I've tried joining and leaving the Summer Camp group over and over, via browser and steam client on different computers.

Pain in the ass, lol.

Don't why it's acting like a pain in the ass. I should've been had that little task done since I did it days ago.

ImRight

TORCHLIGHT 1 - COMP CHECK THIS POST

STILL 35 SPOTS LEFT GUYS, GETTIN CLOSE TO DRAWING

GET UR PM"S IN FOR A CHANCE

IN CASE ITS NOT CLEAR IF YOU ALREADY ENTERED FOR BIOSHOCK PREVIOUSLY THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE YOU IN THE TORCHLIGHT DRAW, YOU MUST PM ME AGAIN, PLEASE USE THE FORMAT I DISPLAYED IN THE POST FROM ABOVE QUOTE

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Assassin's Creed Revelations at $13... ugh, might have to open my wallet again.

Can the Geforce 525m handle it?

Honestly, I'd say just wait on it. Most likely by Christmas, Brotherhood will drop to 20$, Revelations down to 30$, and ACIII will be out.

Its not like its not more of the same as the previous entries either.

hlhbk

Honestly, I'd say just wait on it. Most likely by Christmas, Brotherhood will drop to 20$, Revelations down to 30$, and ACIII will be out.

Its not like its not more of the same as the previous entries either.

Actually the story in Revelations is much better than Brotherhood, and the best since ACII.

XEROWUN

Neo Member
guys i need advice,

has anyone ever seen devil may cry 4 go lower than 10 bucks via daily deals or what ever promotion capcom has had on steam? i saw very little capcom sales other than the flat discounts and was wondering if should wait or bite the bullet. my threshhold is 5 bucks and now it looks like dmc4 won't be going any lower this summer sale. is there a chance it will go on sale winter or next year?

Top Bottom