• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

guys i need advice,

has anyone ever seen devil may cry 4 go lower than 10 bucks via daily deals or what ever promotion capcom has had on steam? i saw very little capcom sales other than the flat discounts and was wondering if should wait or bite the bullet. my threshhold is 5 bucks and now it looks like dmc4 won't be going any lower this summer sale. is there a chance it will go on sale winter or next year?

5 dollars was the cheapest it has ever went (and it's still half as cheap as DMC3:SE at their lowest price :/)

My Summer Sale "haul"

Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Rayman Origins.
Splinter Cell Conviction
Bastion Soundtrack
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition.

Ehhhh not bad.

Really wanted Rayman and American Nightmare so I am happy I got them but somehow I feel this sale was missing something.

statham

-50%
$9.99
$4.99
Secret Files: Tunguska

-50%
$9.99
$4.99
Secret Files: Puritas Cordis

-40%
$4.99
$2.99
Armed and Dangerous

-70%
$9.99
$2.99
Jack Keane

-70%
$4.99
$1.49
Ghost Master

-50%
$9.99
$4.99
Lost Horizon

-50%
$4.99
$2.49
Freedom Force

-75%
$9.99
$2.49
The Bard's Tale

-40%
$24.99
$14.99
Back to the Future: Ep 1 - It's About Time

thinking about these last minute buys, I'm on a adventure run. ya or nay on these. I'm thinking of dropping back to the future, as I feel I can find a similar deal when I'm ready. I have most of the other must have adventures.

ImRight

TORCHLIGHT 1 - COMP CHECK THIS POST

STILL 35 SPOTS LEFT GUYS, GETTIN CLOSE TO DRAWING

GET UR PM"S IN FOR A CHANCE

IN CASE ITS NOT CLEAR IF YOU ALREADY ENTERED FOR BIOSHOCK PREVIOUSLY THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE YOU IN THE TORCHLIGHT DRAW, YOU MUST PM ME AGAIN, PLEASE USE THE FORMAT I DISPLAYED IN THE POST FROM ABOVE QUOTE

Sorry to Repost/Spam, but a few people were confused, and didnt know if they had to enter again if they had already entered for Bioshock Before,

Yes you must Pm Me [In Title] "Torchlight" "#[Number from 1 to 50]"

graywolf323

well I decide to finally play some of the stuff I got on sale but when I try to play Anno 2070 I get an error in Uplay saying it can't download the game information? :-/ X-(

hlhbk

You gotta be kidding, the story in Revelations was terrible.

I just wanted the story in Brotherhood to end and found it so boring. I loved finding out what happens to both Altiar (spelling?) and Etzio (spelling?). Far better story in Revelations.

All right, going to do a small giveaway as a thank you to Steam GAF for being so awesome.
So here we go!
Giveaway Contest: Create your own Indie Bundle XII
CkX1h.png

New to the steam sale this year was the concept of steams own Indie Bundles. These were bundles of 5 games priced at 9.99$/€. However personally I found them lacklustre, often including games that I already owned or contained one or two interesting games coupled with some not-so-interesting games.(except for the awesome Indie Bundle V!) Thus I was inspired to create this contest, challenging gaf to create a better indie bundle than the ones we've seen on sale so far.

How to enter: Choose 5 games on steam that total up to 10 - 15 $/€ and take a screenshot of those 5 games in your cart, with the total cost visible. Please write impressions or reasons for why you think your indie bundle is the best.
Remember to quote the image. For example:
Indie Bundle XII said:
(You can probably find better games for your bundle.)
Check this thread for suggestions on good cheap indie games you can use to build your bundle. feel free to post your impressions and reccomendations for the bundle over there, too.

Winner: I will choose one winner based on how convincing they were in selling their indie bundle as the best.

Prize: The winner can choose one game under 5€ on steam. (Wish I could give more, trying to stay on budget.)

You don't need to quote this post, just mention Indie Bundle XII in your post.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
well I decide to finally play some of the stuff I got on sale but when I try to play Anno 2070 I get an error in Uplay saying it can't download the game information? :-/ X-(

Uplay is awesome <3

Cue Laughing while falling out of my chair not giving a shit.

dani_dc

guys i need advice,

has anyone ever seen devil may cry 4 go lower than 10 bucks via daily deals or what ever promotion capcom has had on steam? i saw very little capcom sales other than the flat discounts and was wondering if should wait or bite the bullet. my threshhold is 5 bucks and now it looks like dmc4 won't be going any lower this summer sale. is there a chance it will go on sale winter or next year?

It was a year or two ago as a daily deal, but only for a few hours. capcom noticied this and changed it to $10.

And before going to sleep, here is my final damage just as I bought my last game, Bully.
Day 1
Deus Ex: Human Revolution: 5.99 (Flash Sale)
Saints Row: The Third - Season Pass DLC Pack: 9,37 (Vote FUCK Sale)
Trine 2: 3.24 (Vote Sale)
Crusader Kings II Collection: 12.49 (Daily Sale)
TOTAL 31,09

Day 2
Europa Universalis III Free (Tony amazon coupons)
Alan Wake: 6,99 (Flash Sale)
TOTAL 6,99

Day 3
Binary Domain 8,15 (Amazon)
Renegade ops 3,24 (Daily Sale)
TOTAL 11,39

Day 4
Batman Arkham City: 9,50 (Daily Sale)
LA Noire Complete Bundle: 4,00 (Flash Sale USA version thanks to wilflare)
Saints Row Shark Attack DLC: 0,36 (Daily Sale)
TOTAL 13,96

Day 5
TOTAL 0

Day 6
TOTAL 0

Day 7
SimCity 4 Deluxe 2.49 (Voting Sale)
TOTAL 2.49

Day 8
Beyond Good and Evil 1,24 (Flash Sale)

Day9
TOTAL 0

Day 10
TOTAL 0

Day 11
Bully 4,99 (Not on main page sales, last day buy)

+BIRTHDAY PRESENT from family
Sleeping Dogs FREE (GMG preorder)

GRAND TOTAL 72,15 EUROS

Not to bad, didnt want to pass from 75 and I accomplished it (its a pity that I was lied with the first voting sale not having really the SRIII dlc cheaper). Some games left in my wishlist for Christmas sales.
Goodbye steam GAF, till the next sales!

dot

It was a year or two ago as a daily deal, but only for a few hours. capcom noticied this and changed it to $10.

Yeah i remember that. That was so dumb how they bumped up the price. I regret it too, since it hasn't been 5 bucks since. Though i'm not too bummed out since i have the ps3 version already.

Sianos

The nimble thief, Zoya, rubbed her hands slowly down the knight's chest.

"But we can't... Not after we saw Amadeus fall to his death..."

"It's the only way I can forget" the thief whispered into Pontius' ear as she slowly nibbled on it. The knight couldn't resist her anymore. He quickly ripped off her cloak as she untied his armor. Their tongues engaging each other and wrapping like serpents as they undressed as fast as they could.

To be continued.

YOU'RE WINNER

KissVibes

Banned
I've been playing so much of ArmA 2 because of DayZ that I'm really interested in Operation Flashpoint but I really can't afford $11.24 (I know how sad that is). What are the chances it drops again in the near future? I'd rather not wait until Winter for another stab at it.

mannerbot

All right, going to do a small giveaway as a thank you to Steam GAF for being so awesome.
So here we go!
Giveaway Contest: Create your own Indie Bundle XII
CkX1h.png

New to the steam sale this year was the concept of steams own Indie Bundles. These were bundles of 5 games priced at 9.99$/&#8364;. However personally I found them lacklustre, often including games that I already owned or contained one or two interesting games coupled with some not-so-interesting games.(except for the awesome Indie Bundle V!) Thus I was inspired to create this contest, challenging gaf to create a better indie bundle than the ones we've seen on sale so far.

How to enter: Choose 5 games on steam that total up to 10 - 15 $/&#8364; and take a screenshot of those 5 games in your cart, with the total cost visible. Please write impressions or reasons for why you think your indie bundle is the best.
Remember to quote the image. For example:

(You can probably find better games for your bundle.)
Check this thread for suggestions on good cheap indie games you can use to build your bundle. feel free to post your impressions and reccomendations for the bundle over there, too.

Winner: I will choose one winner based on how convincing they were in selling their indie bundle as the best.

Prize: The winner can choose one game under 5&#8364; on steam. (Wish I could give more, trying to stay on budget.)

You don't need to quote this post, just mention Indie Bundle XII in your post.

Indie Bundle XII contest entry:

I'll go with this:

It's five games that haven't been in any indie bundle (Humble Bundle, Indie Royale, Indie Gala, or Steam) yet, so right there it's a fantastic bundle. Plus every single game is quality, including the criminally overlooked and under-received The Adventures of Shuggy. On top of that, there's something for everyone, with one puzzle-platformers reminiscent of Braid and PB Winterbottom (Adventures of Shuggy) and another clearly inspired by Yoshi's Island (Offspring Fling), an RPG/rhythm game (Sequence), a zombie twinstick shooter (Nation Red), and an RPG/Arkanoid game (Wizorb). Oh, and GAF's very own feep is represented in the bundle. How could it possibly get any better?

And as a bonus, none of these are dailies today or have even been featured in any way during the sale at all. This collection of games truly captures the spirit of indie bundles.

frozzted

guys i need advice,

It has been 75% off once:

Damn! I got the following message:

"There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

How can I fix this? I'm trying to buy the last games I'm interested and Steam doesn't want my money! =(

Thanks in advance!

Yes, yes, YES! OOooooooOOoo god yes!

Happy Birthday!

Its tomorrow but thanks a bunch! :)

Actually the story in Revelations is much better than Brotherhood, and the best since ACII.

What the fuck are you talking about.
The Borgias downfall in epic Rome>>>>>>>>>>>>some shitty story about instanbul's little prince.

The only good thing about Revelations' story is the Ezio and Sofia parts, the rest range from meh to bad (at least they made altair more likable than in his own shitty game)

My new attempt to break the code:
4th set of numbers: 01100100

v8RKp.png

Where blue is 0 and white is 1. So, we have ._ _ (for the blue). If I repeat this for the other 16 sets of numbers: _ ._ _ _. .. .._ ._ ... _. _. _. .. ..._ ._ _. .._ And that's TATNIUASNNNIVANU (?). If I use the white cells instead: TUTWMSDRAMNNSNIS.

Final status: The code is unbreakable ;_;

So, I'm guessing all games are valid as long as they weren't included in any bundle I through XI, right? Or can there be repeats from those?

Hidden gems that weren't on daily deal are preferred, but I have no problem with people reusing a game or two from previous bundles.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Indie Bundle XII Contest

HirBh.png

A little mix of everything. A schmup, hard as nails platformer, an easier platformer with a clever gameplay mechanic (descend/escape), a horror game, and an action RPG with great production values and soundtrack. All for under the price of Minecraft. :p

Grakl

My new attempt to break the code:
4th set of numbers: 01100100

v8RKp

Where blue is 0 and white is 1. So, we have ._ _ (for the blue). If I repeat this for the other 16 sets of numbers: _ ._ _ _. .. .._ ._ ... _. _. _. .. ..._ ._ _. .._ And that's TATNIUASNNNIVANU (?). If I use the white cells instead: TUTWMSDRAMNNSNIS.

Final status: The code is unbreakable ;_;

Yeah, I dunno. The code has broken me.

Enco

Dont you DARE buy Conviction over Bioshock 2!!!!

sorry, i just have a deep, deep, DEEP, hatred for conviction
Haha why?

I was worried about Bioshock 2 drm but saw there was no machine limit.

Edit: haha thanks everyone. Think I'll get B2 and Psychonauts to end the sale. Renegade ops would have been nice too

Oh God, I fired up Galactic Civilizations II last night and I spend 6 hours making 3 ships.

6 FUCKING HOURS.

I haven't even started the game yet. &#3232;_&#3232;x

Jintor

The damage (reverse chronological order)

Arma II: Combined Ops
GalCiv II; Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Dear Esther + OST
The Walking Dead
Alan Wake, From Dust
Tribes: Ascend Starter Pack; Legend of Grimrock
Rayman Origins

Roughly AU$85, give or take five bucks. Good times.

Hmmm... might add Revalations, I enjoy playing that. OKAY $100 and I get Revalations fuck yeah

Also, it seems like SSFIV:AE won't be marked down again. And since I doubt LucasArts Adventures won't go less than 40% now, I just went ahead and bought it.

Top Bottom