• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

Codeblue

I can't imagine what people just coming into this thread are thinking when they start reading some of these posts, not understanding the context or purpose. Lol. Is this how it always is during Steam sales? Not that I'm complaining, it's a lot of fun and distracts from my watching the timer count down to the next Flash sale.

When I entered this thread for the first time today people were adding, subtracting, converting to binary, morse code and all sorts of junk.

I still have no idea what was going on.

Dingotech

LOL I didn't realise the comp was won, stealth post edit by Kirby!
I'll refrain from posting further food items....

I'm contemplating picking up the Alan Wake pack if that wins the community vote. I'm also hoping in vain that Space Marine is one of the new flash deals.

biocat

Spent $87.76 this sale. To think, I came into this with the perception that I didn't need any new games. Guess I was wrong! :p

No. Anyway, It's over guys, Gabbo, hand over the ID.
oh man ):

An hour left for my contest, guys! Only 3 entries.
As a thanks SteamGAF, here's a popular conversation subject as a thanks for the fun!

ibwm4fBwmTtnek.png

Please enter only if you are going to play the game.

I just want people to have fun, so what does that mean? Fanfiction! To enter, all you have to do is write a short piece of fanfiction, 1 or 2 paragraphs is good, but feel free to go longer. Please keep it gaming related and know content does not matter! I know some people need time to get their creative juices flowing, so the contest ends at 1:30 EST(2 hours, give or take) and I'll choose my favorite. Quote with your entry. :p Got it?

Katoki

I like how I go off to do something for 5 minutes and have absolutely no idea what's going on when I get back.

Keep it up.
KuGsj.gif

Dingotech

I'd quite happily be out of the thread and playing my new Steam games, except I'm stuck at work... so this thread is my entertainment. :p

bonesquad

Panic time! Are there any deals from yesterday expiring in 30 minutes that I need... Hmm. It's been a couple days since I bought anything. Something isn't right here.

As much as I feel bad for cluttering the thread, I'm also rather amused.

Didn't help that I felt like the topic was deprived of food... or sales.

I'm sure Kirby just put some ketchup and added some left over cut-up Slim Jims and called it chili.

I haven't had slim jims in ages! Why would you do that D:

ImRight

BASTION, FINAL DRAW, 2 COPIES AVAILABLE

PLEASE SEND THE PM IN THE FORMAT I HAVE DISPLAYED NEXT TO EXAMPLE , IT MAKES IT MUCH EASIER FOR ME The First draw took me like 15 mins just to correct/organize the names

NEW PRIZE, FINAL DRAW

Ok so being a new member to the Gaf, and seeing how generous everyone is, I have been totally blown away and i have been inspired to run a little giveaway of my own,

So up for grabs is

Bioshock 2 x2 Congratulations, Lafiel and BlazeUk

Torchlight 1 x2 Lucky Winners, Kwixotik & AnnHog

Bastion x2
NOW

Will just be run as a random Pick Winner, Pretty simple system not exactly as creative as some, but easy to enter (can't wait to see what that code is >.<) STILL NO SOLUTION REALLY!??!

Please only enter for game's you do not have,

FINAL game up for grabs Is BASTION

Ok so if you want to enter, Please Pm me with (in TITLE Field)

1. The name of the game "BASTION" (I know im running 1 game at a time, this just makes things easier)

2. A number From 1 to 50, (your choice)

EXAMPLE: OF SUBJECT/TITLE LINE: BASTION, #[Number 1-50]

50 Spots In the Draw!, Lets try n make this one Quick as i BADLY need some sleep guys!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

OK REPOST, HOPEFULLY NO INSTA BURY NOW, 9 PEOPLE ENTERED SO FAR, DONT WANNA RUN IT TO LONG SO GET IN QUICK [IM TIRED!!]

Reposting now competition fever is over. edit. Oh still not over. What happened to just giving away games?

Haven't purchased anything this sale , thinking about bioshock 2 though.
Me too, would anyone be interested in a 4 pack? I'm only buying it to play Minerva's Den (and get rid of spare Microsoft points).
Can't decide if it's worth it. Might be a good Winter sale game, they might even go cheaper to build hype for Infinite.

I've never played an Assassin's Creed game, besides the first 20 minutes of 2 (which I didn't love). If I got one which should it be? I have an interest in climbing shit Crackdown style, and puzzles more than anything.

Toki767

I actually might end my contest early so that the winner might still be able to choose from the games set to expire in 30 minutes. What do you guys think?

Koroviev

The first 12 people who quote me will each have a chance to win a copy of PixelJunk Eden. The person with the avatar that I most prefer wins. If you quote me but don't have an avatar, then I will give you a chance to pick one before deciding on a winner :)

Alright, so since my friend was kind enough to give me a $50 Steam card as a late birthday present, I'll gift another game to someone. This time I'll do a $10 maximum game of their choice. If you want, you can also get 4 $2.50 games or 2 $5 games.

I'm too lazy to think of a contest so just do what we did earlier today and quote this to enter. I'll pick a winner around 10PM PST (1 hours and 36 minutes from now) to give people who are probably asleep in other parts of the world a chance to enter.
Good thing I took a break from Ys Origins. Quoted.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
The first 12 people who quote me will each have a chance to win a copy of PixelJunk Eden. The person with the avatar that I most prefer wins. If you quote me but don't have an avatar, then I will give you a chance to pick one before deciding on a winner :)
I'm here.

Sianos

Bark

LuuKyK

Quoted again! :p

Iksel can't lose two times.

Card Boy

Banned

quote!

dot

Joining even though i know i'm gonna lose. :( trololol

MadeWell

yes

vareon

hey

Jobacca

Neo Member

In!
No Im 13th!!!!!!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Hi.

Top Bottom