• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

Toki767's giveaway now has a 2nd place!

With everyone and their mother quoting, guessing food, and writing erotic fanfiction for a last chance at some Steam Sale goodness, Toki has given me permission to dole out a 2nd place prize to his giveaway!

It's simple, he'll just pick a 2nd person to receive the prize, $7.50 worth of any combination from the store. His original post detailing the giveaway is below:

Alright, so since my friend was kind enough to give me a $50 Steam card as a late birthday present, I'll gift another game to someone. This time I'll do a $10 maximum game of their choice. If you want, you can also get 4 $2.50 games or 2 $5 games.

I'm too lazy to think of a contest so just do what we did earlier today and quote this to enter. I'll pick a winner around 10PM PST (1 hours and 36 minutes from now) to give people who are probably asleep in other parts of the world a chance to enter.

DO NOT QUOTE THIS POST
A 2nd place winner will be picked through the original rules of the giveaway. If you've already entered then you're good to go!

gabbo

With everyone and their mother quoting, guessing food, and writing erotic fanfiction for a last chance at some Steam Sale goodness, Toki has given me permission to dole out a 2nd place prize to his giveaway!

It's simple, he'll just pick a 2nd person to receive the prize, $7.50 worth of any combination from the store. His original post detailing the giveaway is below:

Should we requote? If so, done.

Alright, so since my friend was kind enough to give me a $50 Steam card as a late birthday present, I'll gift another game to someone. This time I'll do a $10 maximum game of their choice. If you want, you can also get 4 $2.50 games or 2 $5 games.

I'm too lazy to think of a contest so just do what we did earlier today and quote this to enter. I'll pick a winner around 10PM PST (1 hours and 36 minutes from now) to give people who are probably asleep in other parts of the world a chance to enter.

Nice!

Sianos

Everyone who entered my contest already had Trine 2, so let's DO THIS.

Whoever guess what I had for dinner gets 3/4s of Trine 2!

Thank you sir, you are awesome :)

dot

Requoting because gabbo is doing it.

XDDX

=)

Forgot to add to the post (fixed now) but DO NOT QUOTE MY POST

Just follow the original contest rules. If you've already entered that, you're good to go : )

Smash88

Banned
Guys, did the summer sale start yet?

I got it, don't worry!

Yay! I know it's not much, and I have limited time so I had to scramble to make something. I know I won't win, but it was a lot of fun just going into the roll of the Bastion Narrator.

Didn't even see the other stories. Anyways, thanks for doing this.

Damn, I tried the Hard Reset demo and now I'm feeding some more money into my Steam account. I'm thinking I might as well pick up a few more things while I'm here.

oh man ):

An hour left for my contest, guys! Only 3 entries.

The air was thick as Mario glanced up at the smiling moon dreading the inevitable end of days. It had only been 2 days since he and Link had returned from their honeymoon. Sad and filled with despair, Mario turned the doorknob to his home and entered.

"Marco!"
"Polo!"

Mario's ears perked up as he heard an odd form of call and response coming from upstairs. He approached the stairs and slowly started climbing.

"Marco!"
"Polo!"

The chants began to get louder and louder as Mario finally reached the summit of the steps. He saw a dim light creeping out from beneath the door of the master bedroom. "Link? Is that you?" he firmly asked.

"Marco!"

Mario finally reached the door of the room and took a deep breath before swinging it open. His jaw dropped as his eyes fell upon a magnificent sight. Link was standing in the middle of the room, blindfolded, dressed in only a loin cloth. Ten feet in front of him was Will Ferrell doing a kegstand from a keg of Pabst Blue Ribbon he had set up atop the bed.

"Polo!" he sputtered as he spewed beer all over the clean white sheets.

*TO BE CONTINUED*

maesterxen

Neo Member
As a thanks SteamGAF, here's a popular conversation subject as a thanks for the fun!

Please enter only if you are going to play the game.

I just want people to have fun, so what does that mean? Fanfiction! To enter, all you have to do is write a short piece of fanfiction, 1 or 2 paragraphs is good, but feel free to go longer. Please keep it gaming related and know content does not matter! I know some people need time to get their creative juices flowing, so the contest ends at 1:30 EST(2 hours, give or take) and I'll choose my favorite. Quote with your entry. :p Got it?

He had been running for what felt like hours, tears streaming down his face after the betrayal had occurred, a betrayal he had never thought possible. Out of all the people he knew, how could she be the one to have turned against him? He had always thought her obsession was odd, but he loved her anyway, he never could of imagined that it would drive her to try and kill him.

So he ran, through the basement of the house they were in and into the adjacent caves, attacking anything that moved in an effort to escape. Suddenly he was in what looked like a tomb, it seemed impossible that a tomb would be this close to the house but he had no time to question it, more and more creatures were coming out of the darkness, he had to keep running or she would catch him and kill him. Soon enough he ran straight into what looked like a necropolis, now his eyes now had to be playing tricks on him, this was impossible, the darkness was driving him crazy he thought, so he ran all the more faster. He ran threw another door and suddenly there she was, she had somehow caught up to him, waiting for the kill, he knew he had to fight, it was his only choice, he had to kill his mother. He readied himself as she screamed.

"ISAAC"

Sora_N

Someone convince me not to buy Terraria? I would rather pay $2.50...but if I missed it I missed it, or would anyone want to join a 4-pack? I just got home so gonna take a shower and eat a bit, I'll check back!

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I guess I'll go.

First person to name a character from the Yakuza games gets a copy of Prince of Persia (2008).

New page too! Awesome.

Toki767

Someone convince me not to buy Terraria? I would rather pay $2.50...but if I missed it I missed it, or would anyone want to join a 4-pack? I just got home so gonna take a shower and eat a bit, I'll check back!

Depending on how much time you put into it, Terraria is worth $10 easily.

Top Bottom