• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

gabbo

The first 12 people who quote me will each have a chance to win a copy of PixelJunk Eden. The person with the avatar that I most prefer wins. If you quote me but don't have an avatar, then I will give you a chance to pick one before deciding on a winner :)

yes

xDEKOIx

The first 12 people who quote me will each have a chance to win a copy of PixelJunk Eden. The person with the avatar that I most prefer wins. If you quote me but don't have an avatar, then I will give you a chance to pick one before deciding on a winner :)

:O

Miker

DORAEMON?!? DORAEMON.

hitmon

chance

I actually might end my contest early so that the winner might still be able to choose from the games set to expire in 30 minutes. What do you guys think?

As much as I think you heart is in the right place. I think it'd suck for the people who are just getting here.

Still do whatever works best for you, your the one being generous. :)

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Alright, so since my friend was kind enough to give me a $50 Steam card as a late birthday present, I'll gift another game to someone. This time I'll do a $10 maximum game of their choice. If you want, you can also get 4 $2.50 games or 2 $5 games.

I'm too lazy to think of a contest so just do what we did earlier today and quote this to enter. I'll pick a winner around 10PM PST (1 hours and 36 minutes from now) to give people who are probably asleep in other parts of the world a chance to enter.

Last minute.

Fou-Lu

As a thanks SteamGAF, here's a popular conversation subject as a thanks for the fun!

Please enter only if you are going to play the game.

I just want people to have fun, so what does that mean? Fanfiction! To enter, all you have to do is write a short piece of fanfiction, 1 or 2 paragraphs is good, but feel free to go longer. Please keep it gaming related and know content does not matter! I know some people need time to get their creative juices flowing, so the contest ends at 1:30 EST(2 hours, give or take) and I'll choose my favorite. Quote with your entry. :p Got it?

People wonder what he fights for, but I know very well. He fights for all of us to have a future, he has no fear of what might happen to himself. The courage in his heart keeps him going no matter the damage his body sustains. It's why I chose him to be our hero. -my hero- I knew I doomed him when I asked this of him, he will never stop until every shred of darkness is scrubbed from this land, and even then, what of other lands? Could he stop knowing the darkness could be hiding somewhere out there?

Link is a hero, there is no doubt about that, but sometimes I wonder if that's a good thing. He is there for everyone, but he has no one there for him, no one to tend his wounds or watch his back. A Princess cannot leave her people, even to aid a Hero, why should it be that I, the one who brought this upon him, not suffer with him?

The boy does not stop. At first I had merely passed him off as a child playing hero, little did I know he would become the only thing that I fear. It sickens me to admit. I, Ganondorf, King of Darkness, have been bowed low by a boy. How could this be? But the answer is simple, he does not stop. Even when his bones are shattered he picks his broken body up and keeps fighting, he has defeated every challenge placed in front of him through sheer courage and force of will, with no formal training of any kind he turns ancient traps and deadly puzzles into child's play, and slaughters the most powerful of behemoths.

But I know his one weakness; he loves and I can exploit that. Holding a certain Princess in my grasp will make breaking the boy all too easy. And then nothing will stand against my will.

I won't stop. I can't stop until everyone is safe. Ganondorf is just a fallen tree in my path to save Zelda and Hyrule. I brush off the aches in my legs as I walk, the burning from my cracked ribs as I breathe, the dizziness in my head as I look up at the looming castle where my journey will finally have an ending.
Zelda waits for me, and I wouldn't want to disappoint her.

Dingotech

Too late probably!

Thoraxes

OK, I already own it, but I just wanted to say that Eden is a great game.

Prophane33

ME!

Relax.MX

Too late?

Oh yes.
-edit. Just counted. #23 T_T

People wonder what he fights for, but I know very well. He fights for all of us to have a future, he has no fear of what might happen to himself. The courage in his heart keeps him going no matter the damage his body sustains. It's why I chose him to be our hero. -my hero- I knew I doomed him when I asked this of him, he will never stop until every shred of darkness is scrubbed from this land, and even then, what of other lands? Could he stop knowing the darkness could be hiding somewhere out there?

Link is a hero, there is no doubt about that, but sometimes I wonder if that's a good thing. He is there for everyone, but he has no one there for him, no one to tend his wounds or watch his back. A Princess cannot leave her people, even to aid a Hero, why should it be that I, the one who brought this upon him, not suffer with him?

The boy does not stop. At first I had merely passed him off as a child playing hero, little did I know he would become the only thing that I fear. It sickens me to admit. I, Ganondorf, King of Darkness, have been bowed low by a boy. How could this be? But the answer is simple, he does not stop. Even when his bones are shattered he picks his broken body up and keeps fighting, he has defeated every challenge placed in front of him through sheer courage and force of will, with no formal training of any kind he turns ancient traps and deadly puzzles into child's play, and slaughters the most powerful of behemoths.

But I know his one weakness, he loves and I can exploit this. Holding a certain Princess in my grasp will make breaking the boy all too easy.

I won't stop. I can't stop until everyone is safe. Ganondorf is just a fallen tree in my path to save Zelda and Hyrule. I brush off the aches in my legs as I walk, the burning from my cracked ribs as I breath, the dizziness in my head as I look up at the looming castle where my journey will finally have an ending.
Zelda waits for me, and I wouldn't want to disappoint her.

Winner

I love Zelda :'D

Cth

Edit
Too late

biocat

hi!

Couldn't post due to posting time limit. I replied to this thread right as you posted. Lol. Oh well. You're a generous sort Koroviev. Great job keeping spirits high during the sales. :)

Trancos

Me? Late as always

ImRight

Reposting now competition fever is over. edit. Oh still not over. What happened to just giving away games?

Me too, would anyone be interested in a 4 pack? I'm only buying it to play Minerva's Den (and get rid of spare Microsoft points).
Can't decide if it's worth it. Might be a good Winter sale game, they might even go cheaper to build hype for Infinite.

I've never played an Assassin's Creed game, besides the first 20 minutes of 2 (which I didn't love). If I got one which should it be? I have an interest in climbing shit Crackdown style, and puzzles more than anything.

... I am Giving away games........:D Please feel free to enter the draw

Smash88

Banned
oh man ):

An hour left for my contest, guys! Only 3 entries.

The kid opened his eyes to a bright light in the sky.

Still hazy from the blow to the head, the kid was unsure of what life had in store for him.

The light slowly crept into focus as the kid's vision became clear.

What he saw, well let's just say it wasn't what he hoped for.

Kid figures out he saw the one thing he dreaded most.

The little man quaked in his boots from the sad realization of what transpired before him.

The kid couldn't believe his own brother would betray him like that.

The calamity may have taken away everything, but he knew that he still had to fight for what was right.

His emotions tapped, he felt the strain from the earlier battle creep slowly on him.

A bead of sweat rolled down the kid's cheek.

The kid knew what he had to do.

Top Bottom