• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
... could've sworn I bought Rayman Origins but it's not showing up. Wtf kind of bug is this?

Everyone's posting damages from the sale. Would be interesting to calculate the retail price sans sale. See how much you would've spent if not for the discounts.

I'll be posting my....small....damage report after work. Appreciate everyone posting theirs so I don't feel bad

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Can't say I had any strong desire to play The Last Remnant, but for three dollars and change? I mean, sure, why not.

Sarcasm

I live in Taiwan and emailed them. They basically said tough luck your living in a pool of pirates. So their reason is due to pirating.

Bah hurts me =(

gdt

Really sucks this ends today. I get paid tomorrow :(. Just needed a few minutes to pick up the end sales lol.

mackattk

oh god what have i done

Audiosurf 2.49 USD
Time Gentlemen, Please! 1.00 USD
Dungeons of Dredmor Pack with Realm of the Diggle Gods 2.99 USD
Lucasarts Adventure Bundle 5.99 USD
LEGO Batman 2 20.09 USD
Serious Sam 3 BFE Deluxe 12.49 USD
Qube 3.74 USD
Legend of Grimrock 5.99 USD
The Walking Dead 14.99 USD
Magicka Complete Pack (June 2012) 7.49 USD
MI:SE Bundle 3.74 USD
Bastion + Soundtrack DLC 6.23 USD
Darkness II (ROW) 12.49 USD
Microsoft Flight Summer Sale Bundle 16.99 USD
Frozen Synapse - Two Pack 4.99 USD
Anno 2070 Pack 29.99 USD
Binding of Isaac Bundle (Summer 2012) 2.23 USD
Fallout 3 - Game of the Year 4.99 USD
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate 9.99 USD
Alpha Prime 1.24 USD
Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition 4.99 USD
FEAR Complete Pack (ROW) 9.99 USD
Amnesia: The Dark Descent 4.99 USD
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Deluxe 9.99 USD
Hard Reset: Extended edition 3.75 USD
Mirror's Edge 4.99 USD
Double Fine Bundle 7.49 USD
Railworks 3 - Haulin' USA Pack 7.19 USD
Just Cause 2 3.74 USD
JC2 DLC: Black Market Aerial Pack 0.49 USD
JC2 DLC - Bull's Eye Assault Rifle 0.24 USD
JC2 DLC - Chevalier Classic 0.24 USD
JC2 DLC - Rico's Signature Gun 0.24 USD
JC2 Black Market Boom Pack 0.49 USD
JC2 DLC - Agency Hovercraft 0.24 USD
JC2 DLC - Monster Truck 0.24 USD
Railworks 3: TS2012 - Trains vs Zombies DLC 2.49 USD
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky (ROW) 2.49 USD
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat 3.74 USD
Thief Bundle 2012 6.74 USD
L.A. Noire Complete Edition 7.49 USD
Carpe Fulger Bundle 12.43 USD
Broken Sword - Trilogy pack 2.50 USD
The Longest Journey + Dreamfall 6.24 USD
Krater - Collectors Edition 9.99 USD
Scratches 2.49 USD
Galactic Civilizations II 4.99 USD
Amanita Bundle 6.24 USD
Driver: San Francisco - Deluxe Edition 8.74 USD
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet 3.74 USD
CKII DLC Combo 12.49 USD
Oblivion Game of the Year Deluxe 6.24 USD

328.46 total..

Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Bit trip runner
Botanicula
Braid
Broken Sword: Shadow of Templars
Broken Sword II
Broken Sword III
Cave Story+
Freedom Force vs. 3rd Reich
LIMBO
The Longest Journey
Manchinarium
Magicka
Monkey Island 2
PixelJunk Eden
Portal 2
Psychonauts
The Secret of Monkey Island
Star Wars KOTOR
Trine
Trine 2
Tropico 3
Vessel
World of Goo
Tobe's Vertical Adventure
SSFIV AE

Total: $71

Didn't think I would spend this much.

HoosTrax

Because I had about $500 to spare, and most of the items were on my list. The money was originally earmarked for a GTX 670, but that can wait -- my GTX 570 is holding up just fine.
I'm actually having to dial back some settings in games like SR3, DX:HR, and Anno with my 570 :( (at 1080p). DX11 games roast my card. I try not to upgrade more often than every other generation though. Plus another hard drive is more of an emergency issue for me right now. 670GB used out of 700GB on my Steam drive.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm actually having to dial back some settings in games like SR3, DX:HR, and Anno with my 570 :( (at 1080p). I try not to upgrade more often than every other generation though.

My monitor is a 22" Dell (1680x1050) and I don't use more than 4xMSAA/8xAF, so that helps (as does the 4.6GHz 2600K).

Carlisle

Amazing sale. I can't think of one that ever went beyond 1 OT, let alone 2. And it was made even better following along with you fine folks and freaking out because suddenly a railroad game is the game you MUST HAVE. Our resolve was tested, our self-control was stretched, and ultimately our souls were crushed. We went into the depths of our inner selves and learned what we were truly made of, and emerged stronger than ever.

Here's my haul to wrap things up.

7T8eg.png

Total:$121.24

Don't make me include what I spent on Amazon, PSN, and XBLA :(

Can anyone please get TLR for me through GMG? All my game money is in my Steam Wallet. I'll trade a game of around the same price to you through Steam. I really, really, REALLY want TLR.

Sianos

One more time for the morning crew: SteamGAF is the best!

Thank you guys for all the fun contests and getting me to plump up my Steam library. Almost to the big 100!

HoosTrax

"The Last Remnant" is sorted under L instead of T, unlike "The Witcher". Aaaaah... I immediately regret buying this game!
I think it's atypical for the "The" to be counted when sorting alphabetically. Oblivion and Skyrim are sorted according to "E", instead of "T", for example ("The Elder Scrolls")

Gbraga

Does Point & Click count? People been wanting me to get Scratches. And it seems good, take a look.

Amnesia, Lone Survivor, Penumbra too.

I just got Scratches, the trailer seems really good. I'm playing Lone Survivor and the game is truly great. Too bad many people won't give it a chance just because hur dur graphics

Fireblend

Banned
So here's my damage overview, with impressions!

Alan Wake: Bought this on a whim; now I'm about 6 hours in/50% done and really glad I got it, great atmosphere, good graphics and fun gameplay. Brilliant, can't wait to try American Nightmare)

Alan Wake: American Nightmare: Waiting to finish Alan Wake and some other games in my backlog before getting started with this one.

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet: Played this for like 30 minutes so far. Looks and feels great!

Offspring Fling (This was an unexpected gift I woke up to find here; thanks to WibbleWobble for this!)

PixelJunk Eden: Played this for like 30 minutes, but so far it's just my kind of game; quirky visuals, great sound and creative gameplay. Also it doesn't look too long, that's good for my backlog-destroying efforts)

Prince of Persia '08: I'm starting to regret this one; I've got plenty of games to finish and after playing this game for about 45 minutes and starting to hate the main character and the hand-holding tutorials with my guts I think this might not have been the best purchase.

Rayman Origins: GAME OF THE SALE. I've already spent 9 hours playing this on co-op mode with my girlfriend and brother, and we're all floored by the sheer awesome of this game. The music is absolutely brilliant, the visuals and character animations look great and have literally made us laugh on more than one occassion, the level design is the best I've seen in any platformer, *period*. Collecting stuff throughout the levels doesn't feel like a chore, there's lots of content, and the fun level is off the charts. I'm so happy with this purchase, I don't care if $15 is considered a lot for a game on a sale, it was absolutely worth it.

Splice: This was a gift from The Wizard. I've only played the first set of uhh... stages, and they look pretty fun, although I do hope the difficulty ramps up fun. This game oozes with style.

Splinter Cell: Conviction (This was also a gift, from DukeBobby; thanks!)

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Another 9 hours have gone into this game so far and well, it's Skyrim, not much to say other than the fact that it was already time for me to get this game.

Waves: Lovely twinstick shooter. I've already said like 5 times in these threads how much I'm liking this game. It's awesome for short bursts of gaming, and it works awesomely with my PS2 controller. The visuals are great and the music fits it perfectly.

Total spent: $66 (Yes, $66 exactly)

I just got Scratches, the trailer seems really good. I'm playing Lone Survivor and the game is truly great. Too bad many people won't give it a chance just because hur dur graphics

I got the game through the last indiebundle, but I really want to play it with a Gamepad. Thats why I havent started it yet.

Top Bottom