• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneB

Sigh, it's depressing that I want a Steam version of AE when I bought it from Gamersgate for 10 bucks not long ago as well. I'm so terrible with money.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
If someone is willing to get me SSFIVAE in exchange for another game of equal value I could buy, I'd be grateful :)

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Dead Island has no kind of discount at all? I'm not that confident in a good daily because Tony mentioned that Amazon was having trouble getting a worthwhile deal.

Jasoneyu

SF:AE bought first blood on my wallet :(

No idea that steam implimented web purchasing and remote install from your browser. INSANE!

Carm

It's so weird reading all the negativity about Rage, it's in the top ten of FPS this gen solely because of the gunplay. As for someone complaining it's open world but linear, people complained about Mafia 2 for the same reasons. These people don't realize it's not open like GTA, it's open world to provide a sense of place and a backdrop.

GTA New York= Can visit various landmarks and interact with them in a gamey way

Mafia 2 New York, similar to how a movie is based on a certain city, yet the movie never interacts with the famous landmarks etc.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Lol, every 8 hours for one community deal? Yeah, let's screw over people who don;t have access to a computer for more than 8 hours.

Come on PETER LOL

You mean to tell me that your work has scheduled you exactly 8 hours that a certain sale may go on!!!?!?! I better register my Vita as a verified device so I can buy stuff on the road just incase but even when at work, nothing ever lines up for me to not be home. I was just saying earlier that even if it's something that starts at like 2am, I can be up in time to see it anyways. It all works out. BUCK UP :p

XOMTOR

ibgP7tchqI8wqo.png

Ha, love it!

Darkness 2 is on at Amazon so I flipped a coin for Rage vs AssCreed and the former won.

Soooo, GRAW2...yay or nay?

Tomodachi

I'd say vote for AssCreed as I did but I'm not even sure I'd end up buying it if it won, lol. 12 euros I could spend on more games than just one and I'm not dying to play it right now since I've finished Brotherhood a few weeks ago and I really need to let it rest a while. So I guess the community will decide for me, if it will win I'll probably buy it, if it won't... no big deal.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I voted from my iPod.
Actually, you can. I just voted for Darkness 2 on my iPhone like five minutes ago. Maybe they don't allow Australians to do it.
Wha? I voted on mobile unless you using the app.
Yeah you can. In fact I just did.
You can't? I voted from the Steam app on my Droid...
Actually, yes your can. Via steam app.

Btw still up for a 4-pack of SSF4:AE if anyone wants to host it.

You couldn't initially! I stand corrected. It was probably just a mobile markup error.

Edit: Haha, Snuggler may be on to something! :p

Deadbeat

Banned
Voted Darkness because RAGE is garbage and you guys have to remember that Quakecon is coming up. RAGE will probably be cheap then just like how Brink was 5 dollars.

Jhriad

So I just noticed that Dark Messiah of Might & Magic is only on sale for $2.50 for another 13 hours. I was planning on getting it the last day along with PixelJunk Eden and a few other things. Are there any other good, non-front page deals that are expiring before July 23rd that I should know of?

MNC

Tempted for SSF4AE. I own SF4, SSF4, and the correct thing would be to buy SSF4AE. On the other hand, GFWL + I'm the only one in my social circles that plays fighting games :/

Hey I'm going to toss my name out there in that I'd paypal right away for anyone hosting a SFIV:AE 4-pack. I'd rather not host myself (I live in Washington so I have sales tax on Steam games :(, so I don't want to be the host).

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Any impressions on Hoard?

Its looks cute. And you get to be a dragon!!

Downloading demo now.

I snagged it when it first came out on PSN and played it for about an hour. It's ... not very interesting. Not very cute either, unfortunately. :(

benjipwns

Banned
So I just noticed that Dark Messiah of Might & Magic is only on sale for $2.50 for another 13 hours. I was planning on getting it the last day along with PixelJunk Eden and a few other things. Are there any other good, non-front page deals that are expiring before July 23rd that I should know of?
It is a front page deal. Might and Magic franchise.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I'm pretty sure credit cards are common almost everywhere.

I don't know where those people live/in which state those people's lives are where they can't just walk into any regular bank, ask for a international credit card with a low limit and pay a monthly fee on it. Most of the times it's even free, as long as you use 10 bucks on it every month or something stupid like that.

They're either really dumb or illiterate.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Ha, love it!

Darkness 2 is on at Amazon so I flipped a coin for Rage vs AssCreed and the former won.

Soooo, GRAW2...yay or nay?
Yes for the online co op alone. It has a nice little community active like Rainbow Six Vegas on PC. I bought it so you will likely see me online when I get it installed later.

allansm

Although I'm interested in Assassins Creed Revelations, The Darkness II and Rage, none of the discounts is big enough to convince me to buy them now, so my wallet is safe. SSF4AE on the other hand, I couldn't resist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom