• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneils

I hear it's because of the realistic zombie mod, is it that good?

I've watched a few videos, and everyone seems to agree that it is fun. I just don't know how long the fun will last. As the amount of players grows I think the mod will devolve into kind of a deathmatch game with zombies rather than a game of survival.

Here is a good video explaining the mod:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOB7YGgREFg&list=PLCAD32DA597D9CB0C&index=1&feature=plpp_video

edit: holy crap this thread moves fast!

It's 1:30am here and I need to go to bed so I'm just going to host a SF4 4 pack. First 3 ppl to pm me will be in on the deal, just make sure the PayPal fees are covered, I was stung by that last time. :)

Smokey

I just finished AC1 yesterday and started up AC2. AC2 runs far worse than the first one, pretty disappointing. When I say far worse mind you, it's no longer 60fps 95% of the time. In the first town I've been as low as the mid 30's. Now anything above 30 seems like it would be fine, but it's very jarring fluctuating between 30 and 60 a lot, makes it feel worse than if it was at 30 all the time.

Changing the graphics options has zero impact for me on the framerate too, which is really odd.

AMD Quad 3.0
8gig memory
460 gtx oc
win 7

I hope brotherhood/revelations runs better than this.

So I'm not the only one. I was playing it yesterday and was getting framerate dips from 60 down to 45. Granted I'm playing at 2560x1600, but there's no way I should not have 60 at all times with what I have:

2600k @ 4.6ghz
16GB RAM
GTX 690

My gpu utilization is around 60% or so for both gpus when playing this game. So I dunno if it's bad SLI implementation, or the fact that it's a console port.

I'd be interested to hear the performance of the later AC titles on PC...

badbrains

If anyone is kind enough to sell me SF4AD for 5$ paypal it would mean the world to me, its the last amount I have and been looking forward to its sale for a while now

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Rage may be no Episode Two, but the sublime combat is just too good to ignore. Wingstick + Shotgun x Enemies = Bliss.

Am I right?

Guys?

*crickets*

neoism

lol I played like 2 hours of SR3 and its fun but weird... I really used to Rockstar's worlds....

Street Fighter 4 AE get :p First fighter since the garbage that was SC4...

What are the odds Saints Row the Third goes back to that 75% off discount before the end of the sale? Might it be a daily deal or will Steam maybe collect all the community sales at the very end? I totally missed that yesterday and am kicking myself for it.

Besides SR3, I'm probably looking to get ARMAII and Recettear. Maybe Crusader Kings 2, but I might just wait until some later sale in the year since thats the type of game that I think would just totally suck me in and I've only now managed my backlog.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Rage may be no Episode Two, but the sublime combat is just too good to ignore. Wingstick + Shotgun x Enemies = Bliss.

Am I right?

Guys?

*crickets*

I'm with you, homie, as you know.

Don't forget the Fat Mommas though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm with you, homie, as you know.

Don't forget the Fat Mommas though.

USvcL.jpg

For some reason I want Blades of Time. I bought Ninja Blade during last years sales and had tons of dumb fun with it. The demo for Blades of Time is giving me the same vibe.

I know what you mean! I was thinking I'd restrained myself admirably, then I tallied it up and I've already spent $15. And I'm looking pretty hard at SSF4AE.

You "tallied up" an expenditure of $15? :)

Not to kid, I realize that spread over 10 days that means $150, nothing to sneeze at, but still the fact that you bought so many things you have to add them and the grand total is $15 says a lot about how amazingly cheap these games are. That's cheaper than a meal out at a crappy sit down franchise chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom