• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrbob

PC ports for Ass games any good?

I'm currently playing part two and haven't run into any problems with the original game or the second one. Second game is the beginning of the UPLAY stuff, doesn't seem too intrusive though. Games have native 360 controller support too if you own one.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
bah, too late. Darkness II and ACR didn't seem enticing enough, so I picked Rage. Guess I shouldn't have. Doubtfull I'd pick up any of them.

Darkness 2 is gonna win even though it's that price on Amazon and it has been cheaper.

And SSFIV is tempting, if only to have it on Steam(I got it free on PC from a Capcom stream).

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So I picked up DarkStar One, since it's in a bundle with two other games for like $2.74 right now. And while I'm sure there's better space sims out there, I'm really loving it. Anyone else played it and have any thoughts on it?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If you all don't vote Rage, I'll dob you in to Solo. :p

People keep saying this, that's no good for people outside the US.

Buying digital products from Amazon is as easy as adding a US billing address; its checkout system doesn't cross-check the user's nominated billing address against that tied to the DC/CC itself. Yes, you may be banned if Amazon employees manually cross-check, but Support will free your account once you explain that you're simply exploiting a loophole and not actively avoiding tax.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'm bailing out of Steam Sale

Holy Hell so many impulse buys

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeee!

Sianos

Voted Ass Creed: Rev, but I'd be almost as happy with Rage.

Don't vote for the Darkness II, its already that price on Amazon!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Is SFIVAE worth the money if you already have the non-AE? What are the improvements that were added.

You can't possibly have a Super Street Fighter IV non-EA. It was a free update.

What you can have is Street Fighter IV, which is neither Super nor EA.

Super has new characters. EA has 2 new characters over Super and rebalanced gameplay, but it was a free and mandatory update.

If you care at all about the game, there really isn't a question on either you should play Street FIghter IV or Super Street Fighter IV. Super is the clear choice.

What I'm trying to say is, if you have to ask, it probably doesn't matter.

People keep saying this, that's no good for people outside the US.

Yes it is. Just add a fake US address and pay with your international credit card. I've done it, everybody has done it.

hlhbk

Since it appears more people want Rage I voted Rage. BTW GAF if you own the origional SF4 is it worth it to pick up SSF4AE? What all does it add? Is the DLC worth it?

haikira

Man project greenlight is going to be rampant with shitty games confirmed! Stupid steam community :/

Isn't stronghold 3 considered to pretty bad though?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/stronghold-3

Also. I enjoyed brink. But isn't the community really dead for it? Or i guess maybe it's back up some, because of the sales.

Going by metacritic, Advanced Warfighter 2 is the best pick anyway. But out the of the three games, i've only played Brink. So i can't give my own opinion.

1-D_FTW

Have Asscreed and Rage, but I voted Rage since I feel it's the best game and lots of people rightly are hoping for it to win.

PaulLFC

I've bought games from Amazon and I'm outside the US. People need to realize there are ways to circumvent the US only policy.

You can buy it for that price if you're outside the US. The instructions are in an Amazon Sales thread somewhere.

Cmon AssCreed... Win this shit
There are risks with it. People have had accounts suspended.

Steam would actually make it available in my currency (and slightly cheaper than the converted US price) without having to resort to a workaround.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom