• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Put in a pity Darkness 2 vote for our international friends who don't want to/can't use amazon workarounds (and my fiancé who's just a lazy bastard)

ClueLess said:
Did Trine ever win the community's choice deal ? I just woke up and on Steam it's still only 50% off.
Aw, dude. :( It was 75% off and you missed it.

Garshasp is a 3-hour long game that you should play only if you've immensely enjoyed all GoWs and seek a cheap mediocre substitute
and spent the last six months without sex, meat and friends, in that order

Gibbo

So much for Purchase discipline. Spent a further 5 bucks on Darksiders (on Top of Portal 2 earlier in the day). And it looks like I'll be getting Rage as well - which I'm assuming most of you are voting for.

chiablo

Here's Cammie in an M. Bison cosplay outfit:

CMY3.jpg

Dammit, I'm finding fewer and fewer excuses not to get the costume pack.

How likely is it that the Kings Quest and Space Quest packs will go on sale more so than they already are? Sorry this is my first active summer sale. Do old games like that get much love?

Damn it steam, why do you make it so easy to purchase games.

Seems like I spend more time reading about games and buying them rather than actually playing them :\

BadAss2961

shit... so anyone?? How does SF4 play on a 5870?
It should run beautifully at max settings. The Street Fighter games are optimized very well... I've heard that SFxTekken isn't so perfect though.

How good is Darkness 2? I'm only mildly interested in it and can wait until it's around $5 unless convinced otherwise.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I would love a list too.

I'm eying Section 8 for me and some buddies.

Get Prejudice, way better, hopefully that one

Section 8 isn't all there

Prejudice at least is a blast with all the fucking refinements

You can kill stuff... amazing I know!

How good is Darkness 2? I'm only mildly interested in it and can wait until it's around $5 unless convinced otherwise.

Real selling point is Quad Wielding

With-in 30-45 minutes you have done pretty much everything
It has a comic book feel + storyline
Once again, I got it for $11 due to Best Buy DOTD for the PS3, it was OK, nothing great or stood out

Damn it steam, why do you make it so easy to purchase games.

Seems like I spend more time reading about games and buying them rather than actually playing them :\

I actually play a good deal of games in my Steam library so it is usually worth it.

But I have to admit, Steam sales make me feel kind of dirty. For like 10 days twice a year I become a consumer whore and do nothing but obsess over prices and deals.

This sale is even worse thanks to these fucking flash deals. I just sit like a mesmerized rat staring at the countdowns and refreshing and looking for delicious deals.

It makes me kind of ashamed. But not ashamed enough to stop.

Smokey

It should run beautifully at max settings. The Street Fighter games are optimized very well... I've heard that SFxTekken isn't so perfect though.

I have it gamefly'd on 360. I really like it. It's unique and the art style is really good. I imagine it'll look even better on PC.

Elginer

Darkness 2 was pretty damn solid. I paid 10 for it on an Amazon sale but it was nice surprise from Digital Extremes. Beautiful looking game and some impressive acting and voice work. Not as good as the first Darkness story wise but it makes up for it with better combat.

Also voted for Revelations. Was hoping for Brotherhood but beggars can't be choosers I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom