• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on PETER LOL

You mean to tell me that your work has scheduled you exactly 8 hours that a certain sale may go on!!!?!?! I better register my Vita as a verified device so I can buy stuff on the road just incase but even when at work, nothing ever lines up for me to not be home. I was just saying earlier that even if it's something that starts at like 2am, I can be up in time to see it anyways. It all works out. BUCK UP :p

I voted for Batman AC and found out that SR3 made it earlier after GRAW2 made it. I start at 7 and finish at 4 and don't use a phone during my shift.

VandalD

How likely is it that the Kings Quest and Space Quest packs will go on sale more so than they already are? Sorry this is my first active summer sale. Do old games like that get much love?
I think I remember seeing one of those on daily deal during the December sale. But, really, anything goes. The only real constants are Valve series always get daily deals, and at some point Magicka is on sale for next to nothing. You will want to do some research on the King's Quest and Space Quest packs though - you may have trouble getting them to work on your computer. GOG may be a better option.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Decided to double dip on Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes and DLC.
Shiiit, I forgot this game had that.

Does anyone know if you need this DLC in order to get the "Villains of Might and Magic" achievement? (or any of the other achievements with the gear on the top left)

Mairu

Sanctum, yes or no? Love Tower Defense games, but I'm indifferent to FPS games... kinda torn.

I wasn't a fan of Sanctum. A friend and I bought it since we both play a lot of co-op TD and we were both disappointed.

Voted for The Darkness II since I have Rage & AC:R

Lyude77

Bought SpaceChem when it was $2.50. I'm loving it so far.

Still undecided on whether I should get Grimrock. I liked Etrian Odyssey until story showed up, and I liked Dungeons of Dredmor for a bit. I've already watched the quicklook, and I think it looks good. It's not under $5 though, so I'm a bit wary about getting another game...

Uthred

Slightly confused, are the costumes in the complete costume pack for SSF4:AE equivalent to the Super or the Ultra costume DLC on consoles? (or both?)

benjipwns

Banned
But is it great because of the shooting, or is it the tower defense stuff? I'd prefer if the tower defense stuff was at the forefront of gameplay, but looking at some video it doesn't seem that way :|
You don't have to shoot, it just makes things easier on you. I'll often go multiple waves without shooting unless they're certain enemy types.

I think I remember seeing one of those on daily deal during the December sale. But, really, anything goes. The only real constants are Valve series always get daily deals, and at some point Magicka is on sale for next to nothing. You will want to do some research on the King's Quest and Space Quest packs though - you may have trouble getting them to work on your computer. GOG may be a better option.

They all just open in a dos window any windows xp+ can run em, they are actually more expensive on GOG than on Steam..go figure. I'm gonna buy em, just hoping they get super deal save me a few more bucks. Loved those games so much as a kid.

VandalD

But is it great because of the shooting, or is it the tower defense stuff? I'd prefer if the tower defense stuff was at the forefront of gameplay, but looking at some video it doesn't seem that way :|
Sanctum expects you to both shoot well and tower well. If you're not into the shooting, you won't like it. Edit: I suppose I should rephrase. If you're not into the shooting, the first person perspective is fairly pointless, and you might as well play Defense Grid or any other TD game instead.

If I want to do a pack with somebody will I need to have money in the paypal account or will having paypal attached to my bank account suffice?

BadAss2961

Thanks for the quick responses on Darkness 2. I think it will win the poll, but i'll wait for a later sale when the price goes down some.

Ledsen

Oh hey! It's you! Haha! Thanks, dude. Game is great. It acutally is a lot like I expected EU3 to be. And muslims, urgh, as Portugal they are right on your doorstep, tho it seems they have plenty of conflict among themselves, too. I guess this keeps me more safe than I realize.

It's actually not that complicated, that's why I really recommend the in-game tutorial as boring and not pefect as it is, because you don't really really REALLY need to know every system and how they work, you only really need to know what each of the 300 buttons, do. So when at war, just go to the military screen and there is one button there where you gather an army from each vassal (including the one in cities inside territories you own) and one button to gather an army from these territories you directly own. From there you just gather everyone in one big stack of death and stomp people as they come. That's the basic, you can obviously be more effective, but I don't know if the game ever demands it too much.

There's a more complex math regarding armies (and other systems), but the game doesn't punish you too much for not knowing them. You really just need to know what button to press to do what and this the tutorial explains.

Sounds very random. My character got ill and better at least 3 times before one disease finally killed him. I think it might be related to how he was personally going to wars, but I don't know. These paradox games do an actually goood job of turning a gazllion of different events into some number somewhere that can be min-maxed if you're neurotic enough; but in the case of this first game of mine, it seemed I was reacting more than causing the little things like sickess and intrigue.

Lol im right under Portugal and just tried to invade it (lost so hard) :)

Sianos

Decided on picking up Grimrock, I always love a good dungeon crawler. Six dollars is a pretty good deal, and had a dollar left from the five for Trine 2 so it works out almost even.

hlhbk

Off to you know actually play some of the games I have bought in the sale (shocking I know!) until the daily deals update in an hour.

Big shout out to BlackMamba for hosting a SF4 pack. I didn't receive responses about me hosting so I had to go elsewhere. It's 2am here...bed time.

neoism

Tempted by Street Fighter. Do you guys think I'd be able to have fun online even if I suck at fighting games?

me too bro but I bought it, and I know better than to go online with a fighter lol you will get .......... 10 is still worth it. Still wish Cap would put MvC3 on PC....

I thought Darkness 2 was terrible...a completely brain dead shooter that has no redeeming qualities. You are better off playing the demo and forgetting about the game IMO.

Owzers

feeling good about this sale so far despite having a giant backlog of games i never play on steam since i only have a mediocre laptop with integrated graphics but:

Shogun 2
Legend of Grimrock

small backlog additions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom