• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Super Street Fighter IV AE 2012 is such a good game. It is highly recommended.

I don't normally go for those types of games but I've got a good arcade stick doing nothing at the moment and jumped in a that price.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Garshasp is a 3-hour long game that you should play only if you've immensely enjoyed all GoWs and seek a cheap mediocre substitute
and spent the last six months without sex, meat and friends, in that order

Garshasp is the mediocre substitute to the awful God of War 3. You've still moved up in quality.

Super Street Fighter IV AE 2012 is such a good game. It is highly recommended.

Will buy only to dominate with Dan.

Sianos

Those flash deals are killing me! Spent $25 out of my $100 budget, but if all the games on my wishlist go on sale it'll probably only be $50 or so for them so I have some wiggle room.

Hah. :D I think I might have been a little unclear. I have 1 more copy of SSF4AE left from a 4pack, if anyone wants to pay me £5 for it then PM me.

I found Sanctum too difficult so I didn't get much out of it. I love tower defense in general. It could be because it demands more from my shootybility than I am able to give.

Tesseract

Banned
quick pc ssfiv:ae question. if i'm playing the game online at 60 fps, and someone else (my opponent) is playing the game at some rate slower, what happens?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Day 1 is not over and we're already at over 5200 posts. We're going to end up with like 3 OTs for this sale.

Only Trine 2 for me so far. Only other game I'm definitely getting for this sale is Divine Divinity, probably on the last day since I doubt it's going to be a daily.

Might get Titan Quest and it's expansion, and if Witcher 2 is a daily/flash deal, I'll probably jump on it.

And that's all I have in mind. If any of my wishlist filler drops enough I might get it too.

I know this is dedicated to the sale, but how do I get the "Save!" badget and the Publish a video one?

You just have to buy a game that's on sale for the Save Money one.

And to publish a video just post a video on youtube and post it to your Steam account under videos.

And hey, only one more vote and I get the 5 vote achievement thing.

quick pc ssfiv:ae question. if i'm playing the game online at 60 fps, and someone else (my opponent) is playing the game at some rate slower, what happens?

The actual base gameplay engine is disconnected from the actual client UI refresh rate. If your local client is running under 60fps you'll get issues with your client (local lag essentially), but it's not going to slow down the actual gameplay engine, so anyone running under 60fps just hurts their own experience.

OK, I need some help with Saints Row 3.

The game starts OK (it freezes for a second in the main menu, then it keeps going OK), intro videos play fine and then a long, boring loading screen that never goes away. I tried lowering all settings, nothing. I doubt it's my laptop, since it runs TW2 and BF3 fairly easy. Anyone else experienced this?

Specs:

i7 2670 QM @ 2.70GHz
NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 555M 2GB
8 GB RAM, 1333
W7 64bit
200 GBs free disk space after installing the game

Pyccko

Hm, think I just gamed the system a little bit. The Bit.Trip collection is $15.98, but if you buy the 4 things individually, it comes out to $11, and if you further buy the two games' bundles each (game and soundtrack) it works out to $8. Pretty weird.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The effects and fighting look dull, its a rip off of GOW, and it the gameplay is boring.

Those aren't objective standards.

I've worn out my light-hearted GOW3 destroying, so this will be the last of it.

tjohn86

OK, I need some help with Saints Row 3.

The game starts OK (it freezes for a second in the main menu, then it keeps going OK), intro videos play fine and then a long, boring loading screen that never goes away. I tried lowering all settings, nothing. I doubt it's my laptop, since it runs TW2 and BF3 fairly easy. Anyone else experienced this?

Specs:

i7 2670 QM @ 2.70GHz
NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 555M 2GB
8 GB RAM, 1333
W7 64bit
200 GBs free disk space after installing the game

I found SR3 doesn't play nice with RadeonPro.

I know this is dedicated to the sale, but how do I get the "Save!" badget and the Publish a video one?

The save badget, a friend and I just got it but we dont know why. We both have bought games this sales (me 18 euros acrros 3 games). It could mean we have been some hours without buying, or that we have bought a game with more than 50%, bought more than 3 sales games or something like that.

The video one, yo need a youtube account with some videos uploaded by you (dont have to be about videogames) and the youtube account linked to your steam account. Upload one of your youtube videos to steam (very easy and fast) and you are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom