• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeBoy101

How is max payne 3? I avoided it because it looked like such a departure from the series.

Its a departure from the series, but its remarkable honest to his character, if that makes sense. And yeah, gameplay is pretty much the same. Cover is there, but is rarely required, depending on your difficulty.

Its one of the better action games of recent memory with a nice length of gameplay and some fantastic set pieces (club level, airport, etc.). I adored 1 & 2, hated the move to Brazil, but loved this game immensely.

Plus, Max looks bawse in a grey suit.

gabbo

Alright, I caved and purchased $44.38 worth of games I probably won't play. Here is my haul:

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
Star Wars: KOTOR
HOARD
Sonic Generations
From Dust
Santcum
Crusader Kings II

I know I'm going to be spending more money by the end of the sale too. We have another ten days!!

edit: Grabbed the binding of isaac dlc as well. I haven't even played that game since buying in in one of the humble bundle's months ago!

Man, Trine 2 being my only purchase (so far) seems quaint by comparison.

Salsa

OP updated.. real sorry about that, had to go to the doctor

anyway, guess im guetting SSFIV after the SFxTekken PC version fiasco..

also everyone should vote fuckin RAGE, underrated as shit!

graywolf323

I don't own Splice, Oil Rush or Botanicula yet so today's Indie Bundle is rather tempting

is Oil Rush that game made by someone here on GAF?

Druz

How is max payne 3? I avoided it because it looked like such a departure from the series.

Huge Max Payne fan who doesn't like Bald Max.

I loved MP3 though. Didn't like the Brazil missions I thought they were boring but the story is told really well(Whether the story is good or not is a different discussion.)

Think Max Payne as a blockbuster noir movie. Worth it.

JoeBoy101

So far:

Tribes Ascend Pack
Binding of Isaac
Legend of Grimrock
From Dust
Sanctum w/ DLC

Total: ~$21

Average just slightly over $4 a game. :)

Coen

If I've NEVER played a Tomb Raider game. Which of the 3 on sale should I get? I've already picked up Guardians of Light but that one's kinda its own thing

Anniversary. It's a great game and exactly what a Tomb Raider game should be. Not that you could go wrong with either of those three.

marrec

Banned
Yeah, it runs like crap. I can run Crysis at 60fps and everything that moves in Isaac is constantly flickering. game should be free and play in a browser.

Binding of Isaac is the best game of 2011 and I've put 236 hours into it and the expansion.

The game is amazing and everyone needs to own it.

I'm having an awful time deciding on if I want SSFIV or not.

Same here, after querying my friends list and finding I have no friends interested, I decided it is best not to buy it. I mean, I woudl be buying it to play with others anyway and if I don't have any friends interested it will quickly go to waste. Cool game. I played the vanilla version for a week or two before I lost interest in fighting AI/randoms on line. But that $10 can go toward a lot of other games I will play.

Cmagus

Picked up Warhammer and Binding of Isaac

So far

Darkness 2
Super brothers
Sanctum
Tobes Vertical Adventure
y's oath
Warhammer
Binding of issac

Still under $50 but I think I am done this is already alot to play unless Transformers, Bulletstorm or Rage go cheaper.

dosh

The character development is great (it's not only "bald Max Payne with a beard". You start as classic Max Payne, exactly how he would have become after the events of MP2; and the game builds from that point), and the gameplay is just like you remember, only better (I always wanted a cover system in MP2, for instance).
People complained about the huge amount of cutscenes, but they range from okay to fucking fantastic. At 24.99, it's a great deal.

Anyone else getting the Tribes pack? I know they had it on sale when it first came out and I missed out on it. I really enjoy the game, just don't know if the pack is worth it.

Koroviev

OP updated.. real sorry about that, had to go to the doctor

anyway, guess im guetting SSFIV after the SFxTekken PC version fiasco..

also everyone should vote fuckin RAGE, underrated as shit!

Man, why are you so selfish? How dare you go to the doctor when you know this thread needs you? >:|

Yeah, it runs like crap. I can run Crysis at 60fps and everything that moves in Isaac is constantly flickering. game should be free and play in a browser.

I've had the Binding of Isaac since it came out and have never had ANY performance issues. I just wish it had native pad support cos Joy To Key is balls.

Only if you have those fancy arcade boards.
I've got a stick but it's wireless, so I'd just be using a pad...

I picked up SF4 during the last sale for $5. I'm not going to play online, so I figure it doesn't really matter.
I'd mostly be getting it for the costume mods and Steam DRM because nobody I know really wants it. =/

Same here, after querying my friends list and finding I have no friends interested, I decided it is best not to buy it. I mean, I woudl be buying it to play with others anyway and if I don't have any friends interested it will quickly go to waste. Cool game. I played the vanilla version for a week or two before I lost interest in fighting AI/randoms on line. But that $10 can go toward a lot of other games I will play.
This is how I feel, too. I love the Street Fighter series, but nobody I know owns it on PC and I already have an Xbox copy... I'll save that $10 for, I don't know, the Resident Evil 5 $5/$10 sale. #believe

Salsa

Man, why are you so selfish? How dare you go to the doctor when you know this thread needs you? >:|

to be fair I was checking the thread from my phone while I was waiting to be seen

edit: got the Generations DLC since it was so cheap. I'll give it a shot also, it was the best Sonic game in quite a while.

Kccitystar

I'm sitting here looking at my copy of SFIV: AE for PS3 trying to figure out if there's any difference in the PC version that's worth spending 9.99 on other than the fact that it's 9.99.

Danneee

Kind of on the fence for The Darkness 2 if it goes on sale even for 75% off. Kind of rather wanting to get it on 360 plus it´s probably going to get much cheaper soon. And if I change my mind the cd key is redeemable on steam too (kind of try not to buy games that uses steamworks through steam as they often can be found for much less).

The games I really want to buy this sale is Settlers 6, Red Alert 3 and Fallout New Vegas. All should go for less than €10.

edit: Is Space Marine playable with keyboard/mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom