• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the thread title.

EDIT: Sounds like the codes are used, or running into issues.

Will respond to individual PMs for the rest. Hope those that got the DLC enjoy it :)

Cheers,
Tony

No, I'm hoping for one of the 60 games in my wishlist to be apart of the daily deals, not games I already own or have no interest in.

Looking at your wish list: Sanctum, Rayman Origins, Legend of Grimrock, and Anno 2070 have already been dailies or flash deals, and we're only on day two. And these are already low enough where they are safe to buy:

• Ninja Blade is 75% off @ $5.
  • Blackligh is 50% off @ $2.50 (not sure why you'd want that instead of the free to play sequel).
  • Oath in Felghana is 66% off @ $5.
  • PixelJunk Eden is 80% off @ $2.
  • Dark Messiah Might and Magic is 75% off at $2.50

Surely a good amount of what else you have will get dailies or flash deals as well. I would bet on it for Fallout NV DLC, FEAR 3, Transformers, Alan Wake, Binary Domain, Burnout, and Witcher 2. We'll see, though.

Coen

Anno 2070 is topping my wishlist but I'm kinda torn at that price. I think I'm going to wait until the Christmas Steam Sales.

bonesquad

I have yet to buy anything during this sale, but Legend of Grimrock is very temping. The game looks cool, but is above my $5 impulse buy limit. Hmm.

I may also grab the Isaac DLC. I bought the game during the winter sale, but Isaac just didn't click with me. After 30 minutes I went back to Dredmor. I'm not sure why I want the DLC then except it's only 74 cents...

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
The sonic dlc is just pinball with some kindof wierd physics but a pretty solid layout. It has nothing really to do with the game itself.

Dorrin

I've read some conflicting opinions on The Binding of Isaac and its Wrath of the Lamb DLC. Some people say its better to play the original and then activate the DLC at a later time. If you buy them both at the same time and add them to your library its suppose to change some of the original core game functionality.

For anyone else thinking about this what I did was get The Binding of Isaac and added it to my game library. I then bought the DLC as a 'gift' which I'll add later, looks like its going to work.

to be fair I was checking the thread from my phone while I was waiting to be seen
All is good, then. As long as you were checking.

I'm sitting here looking at my copy of SFIV: AE for PS3 trying to figure out if there's any difference in the PC version that's worth spending 9.99 on other than the fact that it's 9.99.
Only thing I can really thing of are mods. Costumes, stages, music...

Cheers,
Tony

Great price on ARMA and giving away those codes is generous. I would have snagged one if I bought Saints yesterday!

benjipwns

Banned
Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, lol. A daily deal will likely have this plummet to 75% off or more.
I mean the fact that the pack is more expensive than the games individually, despite the larger discount. (And because PoP has been in every sale.)

Edited to add "future" before "daily deal."

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Anno 2070 is topping my wishlist but I'm kinda torn at that price. I think I'm going to wait until the Christmas Steam Sales.

I'm with you. At 75% off I'd have it right now, but 50% off makes it rather expensive.

marrec

Banned
I have yet to buy anything during this sale, but Legend of Grimrock is very temping. The game looks cool, but is above my $5 impulse buy limit. Hmm.

I may also grab the Isaac DLC. I bought the game during the winter sale, but Isaac just didn't click with me. After 30 minutes I went back to Dredmor. I'm not sure why I want the DLC then except it's only 74 cents...

For 74 cents it's worth giving Isaac another try, the expansion adds so many new environments and enemies and items that it may be an entirely new game for you.

Dizzy-4U

I'm sitting here looking at my copy of SFIV: AE for PS3 trying to figure out if there's any difference in the PC version that's worth spending 9.99 on other than the fact that it's 9.99.
I own both versions and the pc version looks better, input delay from the controller is shorter (I could do some 1 frame links that were impossible for me on Ps3) and of course costume mods. Never went back to PS3.

kadotsu

Banned
I own both versions and the pc version looks better, input delay from the controller is shorter (I could do some 1 frame links that were impossible for me on Ps3) and of course costume mods. Never went back to PS3.

Does it work with a PS3 Arcade Stick?

marrec

Banned
This is really unacceptable and now it is on sale. Shameful.

I agree, UbiSoft is pretty shitty for releasing it as unfinished as it was and not putting out a single patch for it.

Just as a warning, even if you have a Sandy Bridge Mobile GPU it STILL crashes occasionally. Really despicable stuff and I'd recommend you avoid it on sheer principle.

Baconmonk

Anyone else getting the Tribes pack? I know they had it on sale when it first came out and I missed out on it. I really enjoy the game, just don't know if the pack is worth it.
For $5 its well worth it. The soldier spinfusor should be unlocked by default IMO, and the rest of the items are pretty useful as well. I do recommend holding on to the gold you get at first, until you get a grasp on how long things take to unlock. Sometimes the xp vs gold to unlock an item is skewed. For example using xp to unlock a character class is pretty fast but some guns take much longer, even though their gold cost is relatively the same.

jph139

Amazon Tony is the hero the Steam Sale deserves... even if I don't have Saints Row.

I just noticed that the background image is changing every day - they're building a treehouse! Fun.

Since people are posting recaps. Here is what I picked up so far:

Back to the Future Pack - Played an hour so far; wonderful, light, nostalgic.

Binding of Isaac Wrath of Lamb - loved the original game

Deus Ex Invisible War Boat Mission DLC - I have a friend playing this soon, I suspected hearing him talk about it would make me want to revisit it.

Star Wars Force Unleashed 1 & 2 - Never played these but $10 for both seems solid.

Hard Reset - Couldn't pass it up for $3.75 with new DLC.

Tomb Raider: Anniversary - Loved the first two Crystal D games, played this on 360 but never finished it.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/9741/53439937.jpg[IMG]

I'm in Argentina, btw. Don't know why it's cheaper, I though we shared the american prices..[/QUOTE]
I'm in Uruguay, same prices :)
Region reedemed!

[quote="hlhbk, post: 39829962"]I am in utter disbelief. SS4AE is a GFWL game and I didn't read one person dog it or the game! Wow GAF I am proud![/QUOTE]

GFWL IS a piece of shit, I can't buy SSFIVAE because I don't live in one of the Live countries, which is BEYOND stupid.

Tadale

I would get SSFIV, but my Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 TE PS3 stick does not work on my PC, as far as I know. Does anyone know any sort of fix for this? I've been at a loss searching online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom