• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

I would get SSFIV, but my Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 TE PS3 stick does not work on my PC, as far as I know. Does anyone know any sort of fix for this? I've been at a loss searching online.

If you have an extra PCI slot, you can buy a cheap usb expansion. It has to have a VIA chipset. Amazon has one for like 3 bucks.

Salsa

just a heads up: Max Payne 3 is 22.5 bucks here as well

if anyone wants to buy it for that price just shoot me a pm and we can do paypal

I heard SO much about Binding of Isaac but never tried it, always thought it was some strange/disgusting looking adventure hybrid game or whatever...

what DOES it play like anyways and should i take the plunge? (backlogged to hell already so only recommend it if it's REALLY fucking awesome)

Amagon

i'm not buying any games because i do not support the devaluation of gaming.

Then what are doing in this thread?

BOHgY.gif

I heard SO much about Binding of Isaac but never tried it, always thought it was some strange/disgusting looking adventure hybrid game or whatever...

what DOES it play like anyways and should i take the plunge? (backlogged to hell already so only recommend it if it's REALLY fucking awesome)

Imagine Zelda 1 with just dungeon floors. 8 in total getting larger and more comple.

And combined it with a shooter/projectile weapon with random powerups of all sorts.

Everytime you play you find new power ups/treasure. There are hundreds powerups and thousands of combinations.

You get one life and one run. You can beat it in 20 minutes if you are good enough/get a good set of powerups.

One of the cooler aspects is that the more you play the more power ups you unlock to randomly appear so you always come across new stuff.

It is absolutey terrific and a great "appetizer game" to play before/after other stuff.

Rogue-like/Robotron mash-up. The dungeons, enemies and items are all randomised, it's balls hard and it's a top down Robotron-style shooter. You die, you have to start all over again and the experience will never be quite the same.

Arksy

About to go to bed, so need quick oppinion. I'm a bit ambivalent on fighters in general, but I wasted a lot of time on the DOA and MK series, never SF though. SSF4:AE worth it for me?

BadAss2961

Thanks for the codes Tony! Tried like 5 different ones before I landed one that hadn't been redeemed.

I think mine was #23. Michael Jordan.

Salsa

Think original Zelda + Roguelike + infinite replayability since every playthrough is completely different since the items you get are completely random.

Its hard to say what it plays like since there hasnt really been a roguelike like it. The OT I made for the game (its gaming community) has some quotes from Edmund himself describing the game, maybe that could help.

Raknar

Neo Member
Anyone else getting the Tribes pack? I know they had it on sale when it first came out and I missed out on it. I really enjoy the game, just don't know if the pack is worth it.

Depends how often you'll be playing? If you play it regularly you can pick up most of the equipment for the classes you like in a short space of time.

Considering the packs cost though, and that fact you get a 50% boost I'd say it's easily worth it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I appreciate the gesture of free keys. But basically this is a clever way of spamming this thread 100 times with a quote advertising an Amazon Arma 2 sale.

Not cool.

Understandable, but "[Amazon has] a game at -33%!" will largely fall on deaf ears when it's being mentioned in a thread wherein the oft-quoted Golden Rule is "Wait for [Steam's] Dailies." Ultimately, though, whether or not Tony is advertising with a thin veil is something the mods will have to deliberate on.

Understandable, but "[Amazon has] a game at -33%!" will largely fall on deaf ears when it's being mentioned in a thread wherein the oft-quoted Golden Rule is "Wait for [Steam's] Dailies."

I guess I don't really care that much if it falls on deaf ears given how this is a Steam Summer sales thread. But then again, I don't get paid to care about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom