• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

I don't know why so many people want a garbage game like RAGE over something like Assassin's Creed Revelations. I hope I don't get screwed over like I did on Stronghold.
Thanks for reminding me to vote for Rage out of spite for you people denying me Witcher 2.

kamspy

Relic is primarily a PC dev are they not? Not surprising its a well done port.

Yeah, it's a great PC port. Very well optimized. As good of a port as possible really. Anyone with a halfway decent PC should be able to max it and get 60fps. It's a great game too if you like TPS. Kinda like Gears with a much better melee system and way more enemies on screen at a time.

Rage looks like an interesting game, AC Revelations is just another boring rehash.

RAGE is awesome. Do not hesitate. It's a nice 10 hour regular ass single player FPS like mom use to make. No co-op emphasis. No MP tack on. Just good old fashion shooting dudes in levels. Also, IMO it has the best animations system of any FPS. You never have to wonder if a bullet connect. Enemies even react to near misses.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I know this is the Steam topic, but it's a Steamworks game, so anyway:
Darksiders is $4.98 on GMG, and with the 20%-off codes they were handing over the last days, it ends up costing 4 bucks. I've never played it, but seems interesting enough after reading some reviews, user opinions and watching a couple of vids. What do you think GAF, is it worth it at that price?

vid

Looking to get in on a SSF4AE 4-Pack... I had totally blown it off as a "lol, Capcom PC port" until you guys started saying how great of a port it is.

Danneee

Damnit, tied up all my money in going skydivning and buying a new laptop as my old one broke. This is going to be my cheapest steamsale in the two years I´ve had my account...

I know this is the Steam topic, but it's a Steamworks game, so anyway:
Darksiders is $4.98 on GMG, and with the 20%-off codes they were handing over the last days, it ends up costing 4 bucks. I've never played it, but seems interesting enough after reading some reviews, user opinions and watching a couple of vids. What do you think GAF, is it worth it at that price?
It's a decent God of War clone. It should be worth it at that price.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Only $0.74 here. It's good being a sane cheapassgamer.
Have a budget set of 100 euros for this sale. Had it ready since april :) Definitely going further than usual but not going all out like buying games I don't even want to play :/

80 cents tho? What did you buy

so gaf recommend me a game on sale: it should be pure fun, no cinematic BS and it should be possible to play mute. no indie if possible.

XeroSauce

Thanks. Have you played Oil Rush or Universe Sandbox? Those are the other two that seemed the most interesting to me out of the lot.

I can't speak for Oil Rush, but Universe Sandbox is beautiful and fun, IF you are a person that can enjoy sandbox games. It doesn't have a campaign or anything liek that, but it has pre-set-up models and scenarios (what if Andromeda and the Milky Way collided?) and you can create your own systems from scratch with some great optimization.

It is purely a sandbox game but it's a great one at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom