• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

fuck this, i can't even download games i bought.

mkGYL.png

Jzero

Alright, starting a SSFIVAE 4-Pack, just edit this quote with your name in it. Once I have three participants, I'll buy it and you can Paypal me the money.

1. CRS
2. Jzero15

can i pay you with a game worth 7.49? i only have steam wallet funds.

kadotsu

Banned
I'll try again. Is there someone who would gift me the Max Payne 1+2 Bundle. I'll send you $5 via PayPal in advance.

Edit: Success! Thanks opticalmace

dangeROSS

I've been eyeing the Penumbra games. They are currently at 75% off, that's the lowest it will possibly go right? So there would be no harm in grabbing them now, seeing as they probably won't be a daily deal or a flash deal?

Also I don't think I've seen it Mentioned, but Super Monday Night Combat has their Turbocross bundle on the Steam sale. It's a pretty good deal.

It's 75% Off making it $3.75

http://store.steampowered.com//app/212520

TGMIII

How is it not an issue with the PC version?

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/ssf4ae-pc-plagued-with-keyboard-and-gamepad-bugs-fix-coming-soon/

That's one persons opinion. He's not going to target Capcom for a shitty port on a popular board dedicated to Capcom fighters.

lol you obviously don't read SRK much then, people shit all over capcom fighters all day. It had issues on launch with some sticks and some keyboards, then it was patched. The game is fully playable and the only single remaining issue is that it's one single version behind the console versions, which I own, and will be patched to the same version eventually when Capcom gets their act together. The only people that will be able to tell the difference between the two versions are competitive players.

I'm at work right now and can't view the Steam site. Could someone tell me what the current flash deals and community vote is? And how much to get in on a SSFIV:AE 4-pack?

filipe

lol you obviously don't read SRK much then, people shit all over capcom fighters all day. It had issues on launch with some sticks and some keyboards, then it was patched. The game is fully playable and the only single remaining issue is that it's one single version behind the console versions, which I own, and will be patched to the same version eventually when Capcom gets their act together. The only people that will be able to tell the difference between the two versions are competitive players.

Re-read my original post. Re-read it keeping in mind it's a comment on someone else's comment.

Alex

They said there was a straight up port of the console version just with a bigger resolution

same framerate (30fps) with probably dips in the same places, same textures, etc

and it's maybe GFWL

It can't exactly be a straight content port when it has an unreleased expansion built into it.

It doesn't have locked resolution or framerates, and if I recall the last we heard, the latest tuned version was running at 50-60 FPS on a 5770 @ 1080p on average based on what a rep of theirs was saying. Correct me if this is wrong.

The console version very rarely hit a stable 30 and it dipped into the basement often and even consistently in spots. Demon's Souls had an acceptable framerate, Dark Souls really did not.

GFWL blows, and I doubt it's going to be an amazing port, but it sounds competent from all that I've heard thus far. Ain't no way in hell I am keeping my PS3 version when I can get this one.

MRORANGE

How is it not an issue with the PC version?

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/ssf4ae-pc-plagued-with-keyboard-and-gamepad-bugs-fix-coming-soon/

That's one persons opinion. He's not going to target Capcom for a shitty port on a popular board dedicated to Capcom fighters.

I'm not sure what your trying to get at, first you say there you say there was no keyboards support, you show me article on the effects on roll-over keys and keyboard support on 3rd party keyboards that in most cases need different drivers and then you show me that link on Capcom can't support some keyboards and proprietary fightings sticks be cause of roll over keys?.

it works on keyboards. it's a hardware issue if your keyboard cannot do several key strokes in one instance, seriously I've use a ir control to map SSF4:AE

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
It's everything Half-Life related (+Team Fortress Classic) btw, not just the first game. Not that anybody still doesn't own it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom