• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Fantastical

Death Prophet
This is the first time I posted in the Steam Summer sale thread, I didn't now most of the discussion would be on which game should be discounted next/game questions. I also thought that was a genuinely great deal, it was a 30% to 50% discount.

No where is that on the Steam store? I don't see that anywhere?

I have all three of those games GAF. What should I vote for??

Metro please. :)

MRORANGE

Not if we get him first ...

ih1ujWcMEFiEe.gif

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
SSF4AE is still $10 on Amazon if you missed it. Now I wish there was a way to undo my Steam purchase (or morph it into a gift).
Pro tip guys: everything you buy on a impulse buy on Steam, put it in your inventory. Only open the gift if and only if you're going to install and play the game. Otherwise, if you end up not liking/playing the game, you can always trade it or sell it.

I'm applying that to everything I buy on this sale.

Depends largely how much you like the WH20k universe. I thought it got pretty repetitive and the story was pretty unexciting, but the visuals, while repetitive in palette, do a good job of capturing the immensity of some of the WH20k stuff.
I know nothing about the Warhammer universe aside from having worked next to a Games Workshop. Guess I'll bite, especially at that price.

Now what are the chances of AC:R going to 75% off? Hmm.

So far today, I have purchased two things: a Snickers bar, and the Binding Of Issac expansion.

The Snickers bar cost more.

Thank you based Gabe!

Rlan

So yesterday I bough the Wrath of the Lamb DLC for Binding of Isaac -- how do I play it, or does it automatically get mixed in with everything else?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
THIS. It looks interesting as hell, but a lot of people are saying it's the worst of the franchise.

It's still a good game and worth it for the end of Ezio and Altair's stories, but it does feel kind of tacked on, whereas Brotherhood ultimately ended up feeling rather essential to the series.

For $13 it's worth it if you like the series.

HiiiLife

I originally wanted to use 20 dollar steam card but screw it. I'm going to pick up another one. (maybe even one more on top of that but I'll wait for more deals to show up)

Digoman

What's the general consensus on Space Marine strictly for single player?

I'm not a Warhammer fan and it's short (6-7 hours), but I really liked it. Can get a little repetitive, but I still was having fun with the combat mechanics. For this price, it's really worth it IMHO.

Arrrrgh. So are the Half Life expansions necessary to understand the storyline? My question is mainly aimed towards Half Life 1 expansions..

Not really. Both Opposing Forces and Blue Shift are "parallel" stories that occurs during the events of the first game, and are barely referenced (if at all) on the sequel. Good games (specially Opposing Forces) but not needed to enjoy the game universe.

I'm in for Toy Soldiers for sure. Was going to buy it for 360 but it never got to the moonbuck price I wanted. $2.49 for the base game and DLC is a steal.

Defense Grid?
Orcs Must Die is a similar TPS/Tower Defense type game. It should go on sale for ~$5 for the game + dlc (some weapons and a few maps). It doesn't have co-op, but the sequel does and that's coming out this month.
Thnaks so much. Weird only 2 recomendations? I thought the genre was a bit more developed. Anyway will definitly check those XD
Voted for Bioshock 2.
Why? Amazon had the 2 games for 7 bucks both with Steamm and no Steam instalations.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Thnaks so much. Weird only 2 recomendations? I thought the genre was a bit more developed. Anyway will definitly check those XD

They gave you the two best recommendations for that genre on steam right now though, so have fun. :)

joshwaan

Hey Guys

I'm voting Fear 3 on this one hehe :p

Also could someone hook me up from the states with Assassin's Creed Revelations it's 13 US on steam in the states a bit more on the Aus servers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom