• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomodachi

Pushing my luck here, but any chance AssCred:R will be cheaper if the franchise will be put up as a daily deal? I have to make my mind before going to bed, it's 1.30AM here D:

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Wait for the next flash to start and then go to bed .... or wait 4 hours for two flashes .... but then the rest will be two hours out :/

This is torture, not having fun anymore.

Easily the worst idea I've seen in a steam sale yet. Hopefully they dont keep it.

mrgone

fuck reddit now I need this

yDHmJ.jpg

I call Mochrie

Megasoum

Banned
I'm really curious for Anno but 25$ is still way too pricey.

I already have the first Toy Soldiers on 360, I wish they would have the new one instead. From what I hear it's pretty much the same game but I like the new setting.

RedSwirl

So... Revelations. I still don't see why it was necessary to continue Ezio after Brotherhood. I'm still gonna need some convincing.

soultron

Banned
Why does the Half-Life Flash Deal ($2.49) lead you to the HL Complete Collection (bundled for $9.99)?

Is it because certain pieces of content are $2.49 a la carte?

Salsa

OP updated. Front page issues aint helpin maaang

can anyone recommend Toy Soldiers?

Why does the Half-Life Flash Deal ($2.49) lead you to the HL Complete Collection (bundled for $9.99)?

Is it because certain pieces of content are $2.49 a la carte?

probably considering they're ussing a Half Life 2 image even tho it says "Half Life". Also if you hover it with your mouse it just says "Half Life Summer Sale"

KarmaCow

What other similar games or really high quality Tower Defense types i should look for?

Hope someone can contribute.

Orcs Must Die is a similar TPS/Tower Defense type game. It should go on sale for ~$5 for the game + dlc (some weapons and a few maps). It doesn't have co-op, but the sequel does and that's coming out this month.

colinp

Banned
Could someone gift me the SHOGUN 2: BLOOD PACK? It's just $0.95 but not available in my region.

I can send you a postcard from Japan as a thanks! =D

My steam name is cptak...

Any help would be appreciated!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Not nearly as bad as the achievement stuff, especially with some of the insane ones that came up.

Guess its a matter of preference, but I enjoyed the achievement hunting. Checking out lots of games with others was fun. I assume that it was mean to trick people into buying bad games for achievements (Bunch of Heroes), but I was able to avoid that, and still got the stuff (free DLC) I wanted.

Right now I might miss out on a sale while I sleep. Thats highly aggravating. At least I could plan how I use my time on my own in the achievement sales. Not being glued to steam every 2 hours.

First dents in the Steam Wallet:

-Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition
-Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb DLC

At $10, it was really hard to pass up AE. I'm trying to stay as careful with my purchases as I can.

Thoughts on Toy Soldier? I'm on my phone so I thought I'd ask the experts.

I played the 360 version and found it enjoyable and worth the $10 purchase. It's TD with a lot of emphasis on the player taking control of turrets/vehicles (I think they get stronger), and a nice aesthetic.

HiiiLife

Arrrrgh. So are the Half Life expansions necessary to understand the storyline? My question is mainly aimed towards Half Life 1 expansions..

MrDaravon

Picked up the Binding of Isaac + DLC bundle. Would pick up Anno for the wife but suuuuuuuper broke until next week :/. If it makes a return in the last 2-3 days of the sale I can swing that.

Telaso

Banned
VOTE FOR METRO 2033 YOU NUBCAKES!

Played it back on 360 and loved it, now that I have a pair of 680s I've wanted to test it out on PC!!!

What's the general consensus on Space Marine strictly for single player?

Depends largely how much you like the WH20k universe. I thought it got pretty repetitive and the story was pretty unexciting, but the visuals, while repetitive in palette, do a good job of capturing the immensity of some of the WH20k stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom