• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

colinp

Banned
This thread moves too fast!

Could someone gift me the SHOGUN 2: BLOOD PACK? It's just $0.95 but not available in my region.

I can send you a postcard from Japan as a thanks! =D

My steam name is cptak...

They gave you the two best recommendations for that genre on steam right now though, so have fun. :)
Yea, again thanks people, i'll end up picking one of them. Has any of them been a daily? For some reason i think defense grid was, my memory is a bit hazy.

MormaPope

Banned
No where is that on the Steam store? I don't see that anywhere?

Metro please. :)

Ah, sorry for not giving details. I thought you were being mean spirited in your previous post addressed to me, I just interpreted your post in a completely wrong light.

But yeah, The Grand Theft Auto complete pack is a great deal, I own all the GTA's on consoles but the PC versions completely trump the console versions performance wise and with the mods available.

jph139

iCHkw.png

Close, but...

8K2BZ.png

Gala

Just convinced a friend of mine to buy Secret of the Magic Crystal, since it's proably the best offer on the mac side of the sale!

Not sure who has a 360 as well in this thread. But regarding Toy Soldiers the superior sequel Toy Soldiers: Cold War is on sale for 600 MS points this week. That still like $7.50 or so, so I'm not saying that $2.5 for is original is not still a good deal. But I hear lots of love for Cold War, so it might just be worth either picking up the XBLA version or waiting and hoping that Cold War makes it to the PC.

Salsa

got Toy Soldiers, that patch coming up (submitted yesterday) might make people debating it to decide better since they're addig steamworks features and a bunch of stuff.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Yea, again thanks people, i'll end up picking one of them. Has any of them been a daily? For some reason i think defense grid was, my memory is a bit hazy.

Not yet I think. If you want the better TD game, go with Defense Grid though. Orcs must die is a fun romp, but deviates a bit from the core strategic formula in favor of kind of stupid fun.

Wow, Steam support is pretty good.
Responded in 7 hours and now I can log into my account again (I was locked out -.-)

Should I pick up Sonic? Did I miss anything big today?

Minion101

Banned
Ah, sorry for not giving details. I thought you were being mean spirited in your previous post addressed to me, I just interpreted your post in a completely wrong light.

But yeah, The Grand Theft Auto complete pack is a great deal, I own all the GTA's on consoles but the PC versions completely trump the console versions performance wise and with the mods available.

The mods for gta 4 require a older version of the game that is not on steam because it auto DLs the newest version.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Check PM.

Damn, didnt see it. I would have liked a postcard from Japan too! Anything other small you might want to have gifted? lol

ah what the fuck i clicked on that link and now my prices on the site are stuck on pounds how do i change it back

Delete the "uk" end stuff from the link.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
So you don't want the first two games?

Just buy Revelations now during the community special and wait for a deal on Brotherhood.

But I do want the first two. How about now?

I added a comment on ez's account after yours. Good work.

Caerith

I'm finding I'm not a big fan of flash sales. I like them in theory, but in practice, well, I get next to no reception at work, the mobile client lags out way too much, and my work day is longer than 6 hours.

I like the voting in theory, too, and I'm sure they're getting a lot of market data out of it, but I hope games that lose the vote get a second chance later in the sale or maybe make an appearance on the last day. Also, the window to buy is still too short by half. I hope in the future that all flash sales are at least 12 hours.

TL;DR version: Anyone get a 4-pack of SFIVAE and still have an extra?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
thoughts on King Arthur II? Game looks good.

I've heard alright things about the game, how it has some more traditional RPG elements amidst the strategy trappings. The engine itself is from what i've seen, a technical nightmare and has a 30FPS cap among other horrible atrocities to the PC platform. The developer defended their horrible choices by saying "People can't tell the difference anyways."

Yeah.

Toma

I've heard alright things about the game, how it has some more traditional RPG elements amidst the strategy trappings. The engine itself is from what i've seen, a technical nightmare and has a 30FPS cap among other horrible atrocities to the PC platform. The developer defended their horrible choices by saying "People can't tell the difference anyways."

Yeah.

Still a nice game. Not the best in the world,but def. enjoyable.

KarmaCow

Why does The Last Remnant cost double on Steam ($30) than on Gamersgate ($15)? Even with the discount right now, it's still more expensive than the base price on Gamersgate.

~Kinggi~

Banned
That Sega Collection is pretty insane. All the total war games, sonic, binary domain, Renegade ops, AvP and a ton of genesis games for 50$

Personaj

Neo Member
Is the AC:R Gold version worth it? I really liked the MP of Brotherhood but I'm guessing the online is dead for Revelations?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Not sure who has a 360 as well in this thread. But regarding Toy Soldiers the superior sequel Toy Soldiers: Cold War is on sale for 600 MS points this week. That still like $7.50 or so, so I'm not saying that $2.5 for is original is not still a good deal. But I hear lots of love for Cold War, so it might just be worth either picking up the XBLA version or waiting and hoping that Cold War makes it to the PC.
They're great games but the framerate is terrible on the 360 versions. To the point where it starts to affect gameplay.

Askani

So...for Toy Soldiers, where is the DLC Redeem code? I can't find it in the menus like the description says.

EDIT:::::

Erp...I guess maybe it's already included?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom