• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know when you start up a game for the first time, and it installs net framework and other stuff? Does anyone have any idea why it would send those files (.dlls .cfg .txt etc) to my external?

Whenever I go to play a movie or whatever I'm always baffled as to why there are always files there.

Does Half Life Source include the expansion packs?

Also, I have the Orange Box on my 360 would it be worth getting Half Life Source?
Half-Life Source doesn't come with any of the expansions, it's just Half-Life ported to the Source engine pretty plainly. It's not worth it. You're better off getting regular ol' Half-Life, as it at least has mod support.

goldensun

I'm hoping a semi-brainless RPG goes on sale that I can get for relatively cheap (any suggestions?).

I just want a basic, turn-based RPG because I haven't played one that's really gripped me for a long while (last ones was Pokemon Black and that didn't last me too long).

I bought The Binding of Isaac and I really enjoy it :p

Kingven

So far:

HOARD: Complete Pack
iBomber Bundle
Anno 2070 Pack
Binding of Isaac Bundle (Summer 2012)
Demolition, Inc.
From Dust

Waiting for: ACreed II Deluxe..

wilflare

6.23USD (Half-Life 1:Source + Half-Life 1 Anthology) to enable me to pick up all my missing Half-Life games (Half-Life Source, Deathmatch Source, Blue Shift, Opposing Force, TF Classic)

any views on Indie Bundle II?
only missing Splice and Oil Rush :/

my post always becomes the last post of the page.. and gets missed out :/

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
my post always becomes the last post of the page.. and gets missed out :/

Oil Rush is fun, though nothing special, but Splice is reeeeally slick. I was tempted to create an OT for it. I'd wait for a cheap Splice deal if you already own the other stuff.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This is how I spend most of my money.

Like a bajillion 1 dollar why not games.

They don't even get featured! I just stumble upon them somehow.

I swear, every time I mindlessly scroll through my Library, there's always one game that makes me stop and think, "Wait, when did I buy that?"

SUpposed to be an awesome game. Sort of like Commandos or Jagged Alliance. That type of strategy game.

Ah, nice.

dmr87

Tempted to grab From Dust. Is the port really that bad?

It's that bad. I have never asked for a refund on a game, From Dust was the first one. This was at release but afaik it's still as shitty as back then, _awful_ mouse control, capped at 30 fps with close to zero graphic options, hanky DRM.

Feel free to correct me.

This thread finially slowed down a little.

Everybody is busy playing the games they bought...

...or waiting for new flash deals

EDIT: Anyway, I'm still unsure of what to vote for. I'm thinking of voting for Metro but I don't know if more people would prefer Fear 3. How often does Fear go on sale as I know Metro goes up regularly.

atomsk

Party Pooper
out of the $20 in my steam wallet (waiting on a GS gift card in the mail for another $20):

Trine 2: 3.74
Isaac DLC: .74

waiting on possible better deals for:

Ys Origin
Q.U.B.E.
Tiny & Big

but if they don't end up as flash/daily/vote, that's what I'll end up buying the last day (and then seeing what I have left in my steam wallet)

Smash88

Banned
It's that bad. I have never asked for a refund on a game, From Dust was the first one. This was at release but afaik it's still as shitty as back then, _awful_ mouse control, capped at 30 fps with close to zero graphic options, hanky DRM.

Feel free to correct me.

Exact same situation as me.

I bought it release. First game on Steam to ask for a refund. Was lucky as it wasn't counted as "the only once" refund thing. Since there was a whole thing about Ubisoft promising no DRM, then they put that always online BS anyways.

That coupled with locked 30fps, the worst mouse controls I have ever seen in a video game to date, and the overall horrible port. The only thing good is the neat mechanics/puzzles. But after a while that just becomes dry, although there are some neat features.

Fixed1979

-_-

Your loss? It's not like that would affect me, like the voting does.

Side Note: Voted Metro 2033, because everyone should buy this fantastic game. And the fact that the other two are mediocre titles.

I really hope Metro wins, I've been wanting to buy it for awhile now.

wilflare

Oil Rush is fun, though nothing special, but Splice is reeeeally slick. I was tempted to create an OT for it. I'd wait for a cheap Splice deal if you already own the other stuff.

the only games i am missing here in the bundle are Oil Rush and Splice :/
was thinking of getting the OST too.. but not included in the Bundle

Weenerz

Banned
If there was a choice between From Dust and Toy Soldiers, I would get From Dust in a heart beat. Ubisoft didn't rape the game of features and port it to PC.

Think the bank just put a stop on my debit card for to many transactions. LOL. Turn off the sales until morning!

Should have just dumped money into your Steam wallet.

marrec

Banned
If there was a choice between From Dust and Toy Soldiers, I would get From Dust in a heart beat. Ubisoft didn't rape the game of features and port it to PC.

Should have just dumped money into your steam wallet.

It just made a terrible PC port then gave it absolutely zero support despite all the game crashing bugs.

Remfin

You know when you start up a game for the first time, and it installs net framework and other stuff? Does anyone have any idea why it would send those files (.dlls .cfg .txt etc) to my external?

Whenever I go to play a movie or whatever I'm always baffled as to why there are always files there.
Microsoft's installers are generally programmed to extract to "the drive with the most free space." It's freaking annoying.

I recall they also made that mistake with some kind of Office update or something, so when people removed their external drives they found they were missing .dlls and their programs wouldn't start anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom