• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good. It's also one of the games that will be in an indie bundle.
Good. (but way too short). And listen to kadotsu.
Well it depends of what are the other games in the bundle. The bundles at 10 are not so hot either.

The games in the bundles are listed in the leak, which ones are the companion games to QUBE?

And yes people, pick up Guardian of Light. Amazing game.
both in single and multi modes.

kadotsu

Banned
Well it depends of what are the other games in the bundle. The bundles at 10 are not so hot either.

The game sin the bundles are listed in the leak, which ones are the companion games to QUBE?

Avadon, Dungeons of Dredmor, Qube, Vessel, Zombie Driver

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

The game sin the bundles are listed in the leak, which ones are the companion games to QUBE?

both in single and multi modes.

Day 7: Avadon, Dungeons of Dredmor, Qube, Vessel, Zombie Driver

Hmmmm, difficult. If you dont own Avadon and Dredmor yet, that bundle would be sort of worth it. But for 2 games probably not.

And Qube is really short. I'd wait for a PWYW bundle that includes it or for a <4$ price tag (or whatever 75% off would be).

is the DLC for guardian of light worth getting?

The map DLC is definitely recommended. Was there other stuff?

Edit: ah yeah, the character skins... well... lol. Challenge maps are good though.

Avadon, Dungeons of Dredmor, Qube, Vessel, Zombie Driver
Thanks for being so informative kado and toma. How are those games quality wise?

Sorry for all the questions XD
Hmmmm, difficult. If you dont own Avadon and Dredmor yet, that bundle would be sort of worth it. But for 2 games probably not.

And Qube is really short. I'd wait for a PWYW bundle that includes it or for a <4$ price tag (or whatever 75% off would be).
Don't own any of the games. What's PWYW? So you sugest i wait for that or pick up QUBE alone if it's 75% off?

epmode

Vessel is borderline incredible and is severely underrated on GAF. Even if you wind up not liking the game (which would surprise me since the puzzles are very clever), it still has one of the best (licensed) soundtracks of the last five years. AND the music is interactive (the songs mix themselves based on what's happening onscreen).

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6D4FE833D579F503

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Vessel is borderline incredible and is severely underrated on GAF.

Please sell me on it.

Thanks for being so informative kado and toma. How are those games quality wise?

Don't own any of the games. What's PWYW? So you sugest i wait for that or pick up QUBE alone if it's 75% off?

If you dont own ANY of the games, 10$ is a great price. Avadon is good, DoD is good, Qube is fun, and apparently Vessel is good too. Get the bundle :)

I dont know how many times I should say this, but yes. Yes. YES. YES. Please guys, buy it. Just trust me on this one :( (and the next one I am going to recommend, and the one after that...)

Its no classic Tomb Raider, it might as well be its own franchise. And its FANTASTIC. The coop even has new level layout compared to the SP, so double the value!

Sad that Crystal Dynamics said it was successful but they have no plans to make another one. A Legacy of Kain or Kane and Lynch (both character packs) would be great twin stick shooters as well.

PWYW= Pay what you want, basically one of the hundreds of indie bundles that comes out.

Toma

Vessel is borderline incredible and is severely underrated on GAF. Even if you wind up not liking the game (which would surprise me since the puzzles are very clever), it still has one of the best (licensed) soundtracks of the last five years. AND the music is interactive (the songs mix themselves based on what's happening onscreen).

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6D4FE833D579F503

I'd like to hear more convincing talk about the gameplay please :) If you get me to like and play it, I'll promise I'll get far more people to play and like it! :p

Bejewelled is a game very much like Peggle. It's a blast to play, but you dont want aneone to see you play it. I've probably put 100 hours into both games and my gf has put another 200 to 300.

catabarez

It still is but I have the problem about the billing adress (im european and I dont know if its too much of a hassle) and even if it says in the amazon sales OP that it has a steam activations option I dont see it in the amazon page.
I PMed Tony asking about this.

The game is Steamworks. It may not say but Steam is the only option for that game.

LobLob

Banned
I'd like to hear more convincing talk about the gameplay please :) If you get me to like and play it, I'll promise I'll get far more people to play and like it! :p

Great sound track, Puzzles are magnificent and all you have to solve them with is Water, Lava and suction from your water cannon. I think this game is ten fold better then braid. Braid was just mind numbingly obtuse. While Vessel will makes you frustrated at points, figuring out puzzles are just as rewarding. The levels are well thought out. so you actually have to take a minute and sit back how to figure out how to solve it, it uses physics in this regard to great effect. This game literally sucked me in from the first minute. And when you are not solving puzzles you get to enjoy the beautiful scenery whether it is riding on an overhead tram that you can stop and start at will or just frolicking through an interactive world.

Universaldamps

Neo Member
Just picked up Guardian of Light instead, since From Dust is apparently not so great for the pc. Hope it's good! Wallet hasn't taken too much of a beating yet. Just Trine 1 + 2 and Tomb Raider so far. Waiting patiently on ARMA II.

LobLob

Banned
I am so weak, i am just such a Steam/Valve whore. I said i would only spend 50 dollars on the sale but i just bought another 50 dollar steam voucher :( .

zchen

So.....made the mistake of picking up GRAW2. oh well.

Will someone like me who has never played Tomb Raider before get into Guardian of Light? I'm leaning towards it but.....

Toma

Just picked up Guardian of Light instead, since From Dust is apparently not so great for the pc. Hope it's good! Wallet hasn't taken too much of a beating yet. Just Trine 1 + 2 and Tomb Raider so far. Waiting patiently on ARMA II.

You cannot NOT enjoy Guardian of Light. Its not possible. And if someone does, he is not someone I am going to be friends with for too long :p

Thinking back on it, it definitely was one of my goty's that year. Amazing game.

mannerbot

You cannot NOT enjoy Guardian of Light. Its not possible. And if someone does, he is not someone I am going to be friends with for too long :p

Thinking back on it, it definitely was one of my goty's that year. Amazing game.

Eh, might be possible for someone playing solo. Co-op is fantastic though!

Toma

Eh, might be possible for someone playing solo. Co-op is fantastic though!

Even solo, the map layout was fantastic for a first time exploration. Plus the added replayability due to highscore play and unlocking RPG like progress items.

I really, really enjoyed the whole package.

Crayons

Banned
Since everyone is talking about Lara Croft.

Why does the game crash after I take a few steps after killing the bear at the beginning of the game?

Untitled-2.png

I dont know how many times I should say this, but yes. Yes. YES. YES. Please guys, buy it. Just trust me on this one :( (and the next one I am going to recommend, and the one after that...)

Its no classic Tomb Raider, it might as well be its own franchise. And its FANTASTIC. The coop even has new level layout compared to the SP, so double the value!

Can one person play with controller and the other keyboard/mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom