• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

LM4sure

Banned
Since everyone is talking about Lara Croft.

Why does the game crash after I take a few steps after killing the bear at the beginning of the game?

Untitled-2.png

drm! gotta love it!!

Megasoum

Banned
I'm watching the Vessel quicklook on Giantbomb. I like the concept but the controls look terrible. Did anything changed since launch?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
For anyone who's saying they don't like Binding of Isaac, keep playing it. I didn't like it at first either, but once it clicked and I realized how everything worked, I started to have a blast with it. I love the randomized dungeons and the roguelike/Zelda dungeon aspect to it. Only thing I don't like is the lack of native gamepad support. I'll be damned if I'm going to use Joy2Key.

Amzin

So far:

Binding of Isaac + DLC
Deus Ex:HR + DLC (The missions)
Rayman Origins

On the fence about The Ship and the Indie Bundle 2. Humble Indie Bundle/Indie Royale make $10 for 5 indie games feel expensive :O

Oh man....guardian of light...I already have it on XBLA...but the PC version and cheap DLC...

Does the PC version has splitscreen on the same machine? How are the DLC maps? Oh man this is tough I didn't realize until just now that ALL the Tomb Raider stuff was on sale.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Oh man....guardian of light...I already have it on XBLA...but the PC version and cheap DLC...

Does the PC version has splitscreen on the same machine? How are the DLC maps? Oh man this is tough I didn't realize until just now that ALL the Tomb Raider stuff was on sale.

No split screen. Same Screen coop on the same machine. DLC maps are worth it.

daxy

There's local multiplayer, but it's not split-screen. Both characters appear on the same screen. It works great! Had a lot of fun playing it with a friend. Supports two controllers as well.

Don't know about the DLC. Didn't seem that great, so I never got it.

Euphor!a

Banned
Is it safe to assume that at some point there will be a Assassin's Creed Franchise sale as a daily? I want to buy the collection but with how these deals are arranged I feel it would probably be cheaper to buy Revelations now and buy the rest once the franchise goes up as a daily...

Can't decide on AC:R. I loved Brotherhood but a lot of people mentioned its best to skip this one.

GRRRRR

Don't need to skip, but it is pretty much the same game. So just make sure you have a *big* gap between AC games, or you will just go 'not this shit again' and it will be a waste.

If you are planning on AC3 you can skip it for now or no doubt you will have the same issue.

So far $50 down.

Bought:

The Binding of Isaac
From Dust
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light X2 (1 for myself and 1 for gift inventory)
Indie Bundle Pack II
Terraria 4 pack
Legend of Grimrock X2 (1 for myself and 1 for gift inventory)
Trine 2 (for gift inventory)

I'm holding out for:
Fallout 3:New Vegas Ultimate Bundle
Borderlands
Costume Quest
Stacking
Risen 2
Batman Harley DLC
Lego Batman

It's been a pretty tame sale so far. I like the flash sale idea(sorta). I am torn between the excitement of what could be coming up and annoyed that they just don't put up everything they would normally put on sale. I do like the Community Vote's though, that's a fun way to decide the next game, though I wish they'd put a ticker or counter as to who has voted for what.

Sanic

Can't decide on AC:R. I loved Brotherhood but a lot of people mentioned its best to skip this one.

GRRRRR

Thats my issue as well. I actually played through the first 3ish hours of Rev on the 360 when I rented it earlier in the year and was just overwhelmed with a sense of "been there, done that", but I still love the core mechanics.

GRRRRR

don't skip it, the game completes both Ezio's, and Altair's story's. I thought the ending was worth the price of entry.

ALSO, TOWER DEFENSE, I LOVE IT.

GRRRRR

AssRev is almost the same game again, but every system from Brotherhood has an extra layer of obfuscation. It adds nothing to the overall story of the series, and it just feels like a bloated mess of a game.

Megasoum

Banned
It's weird to see DLC attributed to Half-Life, but if you're talking about Blue Shift and Opposing Force, Opposing Force is very good. Actually I like it over Half-Life itself.

Man I should redo Opposing Force at some point...didn't play it since it came out. Where is Black Mesa Source when we need it!? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom