• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

oh fuck yeah, this is mostly what my most wanted list was before the sales started:

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
Trine 2
Legend of Grimrock
Alan Wake's American Nightmare

Arma II CO
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

tumblr_m72r6boY6S1rp2p67o1_r2_250.gif

bring the rest

Van Owen

Banned
Yeah, I got Alan Wake on 360 for $5 so I can't justifiably double dip unless it's $5 on Steam. American Nightmare on the other hand...

EDIT: Although it does include the DLC I missed out on. Hmmm.

BadAss2961

If you liked the combat, get the DLC. If you thought the story bits were good, and the combat annoying and boring as all fuck (like me) avoid.
It's a bit of a tough decision for me since I haven't played the game yet, and I don't know whether i'll like it enough to be okay with buying DLC. But the DLC is only a couple bucks extra...

wilflare

oh fuck yeah, this is mostly what my most wanted list was before the sales started:

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
Trine 2
Legend of Grimrock
Alan Wake's American Nightmare

Arma II CO
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

tumblr_m72r6boY6S1rp2p67o1_r2_250.gif

bring the rest

im still thinking on Grimrock lol

American Nightmare worth it standalone for someone who played original on 360? I didn't love the original, especially not the combat but I enjoyed it for the on weekend I played it. Is there enough good compelling story content in AN?

American Nightmare worth it standalone for someone who played original on 360? I didn't love the original, especially not the combat but I enjoyed it for the on weekend I played it. Is there enough good compelling story content in AN?

No, it is mostly just more combat. But on the other hand it is $3, so why not?

:( I had Half-Life Complete in my shopping cart while I went upstairs to grab my wallet, but returned to find the price had jumped up to $19.99 from $9.99...

Are sales/discounts repeated? I've never played any of the Half-Life titles and I was really looking forward to experiencing the franchise.

On another note, I have both Left 4 Dead titles in my cart for $9.99 each. Have they ever been cheaper? I don't want to miss out if the prices go up, but at the same time, if they've been available at a cheaper price, I'd rather hold out.

Salsa

Salsa, you TOTALLY gotta jump on the DayZ Gaf server when ArmaII goes on sale.

im there

also in case there's any doubt:

Alan Wake is up there as one of the best games I played this gen. While it must not be for everyone and somehow plenty of people dont like, I ABSOLUTELY loved it for every damn second it lasted. I adore that game, just an amazing experience.

K' Dash

C'mon give The Witcher 2 for $15 Gaben, GIVE IT TO ME!!!!

Just Got Space Marine, Max Payne and barely got the 75% off Trine 2.

Gaspode_T

Oh I found where the purchase transaction is:

$183.27

Purchase

Runespell: Overture,
Serious Sam Double D,
Tropico 4,
Might and Magic Heroes VI - Deluxe,
Grotesque Tactics 1 and 2 Pack,
Dungeons of Dredmor Pack with Realm of the Diggle Gods,
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate,
Ys The Oath in Felghana,
Hack, Slash, Loot,
Port Royale 3,
CKII DLC Combo,
Blades of Time - Limited Edition,
Ys Origin,
Deus Ex Collection

Booyah

HiiiLife

:( I had Half-Life Complete in my shopping cart while I went upstairs to grab my wallet, but returned to find the price had jumped up to $19.99 from $9.99...

Are sales/discounts repeated? I've never played any of the Half-Life titles and I was really looking forward to experiencing the franchise.

On another note, I have both Left 4 Dead titles in my cart for $9.99 each. Have they ever been cheaper? I don't want to miss out if the prices go up, but at the same time, if they've been available at a cheaper price, I'd rather hold out.

I just barely bought Half Life and Half Life 2 today for 5 bucks. My first time ever with the series and so far I sunk in about two hours into part 1. I'm enjoying it. I'd say hold off on L4D cause they might knock the price down even more with Flash deal or Daily deal.

Resounding yes for Alan Wake. To the pile it goes!
Casualties: $30.20
Space Marine
Armed and Dangerous
Call of Cthulhu
Lara Croft: GoL
Alan Wake franchise

Waiting on a good racing game (burnout or whatever the good recent need for speed was) and insanely twisted shadow planet.

Mr. Scratch makes for a really compelling and entertaining villain in American Nightmare, but aside from him, AN is very thin story-wise. However, the gameplay is tighter, there is a larger variety of guns, and you can sprint for longer distances. It's great for fans, and I'd say the cheap price justifies the short, repetitive structure of AN.

Elginer

I already bought American Nightmare on XBLA but I love the franchise so much I'm buying it again. Make more Alan Wake Remedy, take my gat dang money!!

iyDGs8liPAPia.gif

Joe Molotov

Before the end of the sale, I may need someone from the UK to buy me the Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Collection. I'm putting that out there now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom