• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elginer

Resounding yes for Alan Wake. To the pile it goes!
Casualties: $30.20
Space Marine
Armed and Dangerous
Call of Cthulhu
Lara Croft: GoL
Alan Wake franchise
if you're running Win 7 please let me know how Call of Cthulhu goes. I'm hesitant to jump on it simply because I heard it was buggy as all hell.

I just barely bought Half Life and Half Life 2 today for 5 bucks. My first time ever with the series and so far I sunk in about two hours into part 1. I'm enjoying it. I'd say hold off on L4D cause they might knock the price down even more with Flash deal or Daily deal.

Thanks, hopefully it'll be available at that prices again in a flash sale. I'll just grab Portal 2 for now and keep an eye out for the others.

Has anyone bought either Indie Bundle I or II? The Universe Sandbox in Indie Bundle II has caught my eye, but I'm not sold on the other games. Worth a buy?

Salsa

Does Alan Wake/American Nightmare play well with the keyboard & mousse, or should I dig out my wired 360 controller?

it's funny cause I actually went with comfy couch, as so famously claimed, lol. Used my wireless controller and hooked the PC to the TV and had an awesome experience. It works great either way.

I actually finished the game in like one 15 hour sitting. I really just cant recommend the game enough.

Gaspode_T

Games I removed from cart at last second - Krater, King Arthur II, Robin Hood (some 2007 game LOL), Confrontation...

Confrontation looks good but the reviews are terrible...Krater so so too

Elginer

Seriously, if you've ever EVER been curious about Alan Wake, now is the time to jump on it. Awesome experience and beautiful looking game.

Mayyhem

oh man idk whether i should buy alan wake. funds are running low

ps; pleaseee vote for metro 2033 ! i've been wanting to play this game for a while now

So the second DLC is the only part of Alan Wake I never played. Is it worth getting along with American Nightmare?

I also wish there was a cheaper collection with just AM and Alan Wake. I don't want collector's stuff :(

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
wow, these flash deals are killing it.
Alan Wake complete bought.

if you're running Win 7 please let me know how Call of Cthulhu goes. I'm hesitant to jump on it simply because I heard it was buggy as all hell.
I own it and run W7. Didn't get far because ADD, but the only nasty bug I got during my short time with the game was the one that prevents you from saving your progress. Googling it showed an easy fix though, something involving your system clock. After that everything was good (again, for the couple hours I played it).

HiiiLife

It's the definitive and only version anyone should ever play. Much sharper and overall better looking, runs smoother and has cool features like a free camera and fading HUD (or was that only AN?).

Hmmmm. So tempting. And I do need to stock up on my offline games. Might just press this purchase button...

BadAss2961

Mr. Scratch makes for a really compelling and entertaining villain in American Nightmare, but aside from him, AN is very thin story-wise. However, the gameplay is tighter, there is a larger variety of guns, and you can sprint for longer distances. It's great for fans, and I'd say the cheap price justifies the short, repetitive structure of AN.
So I take it that American Nightmare doesn't add anything significant to the main story? If so, that makes my decision to skip it a lot easier.

Hanzou

Oh I found where the purchase transaction is:

$183.27

Purchase

Runespell: Overture,
Serious Sam Double D,
Tropico 4,
Might and Magic Heroes VI - Deluxe,
Grotesque Tactics 1 and 2 Pack,
Dungeons of Dredmor Pack with Realm of the Diggle Gods,
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate,
Ys The Oath in Felghana,
Hack, Slash, Loot,
Port Royale 3,
CKII DLC Combo,
Blades of Time - Limited Edition,
Ys Origin,
Deus Ex Collection

Booyah

Why did you buy so many of those games already? a few of those are guaranteed to be a daily/flash deal and get cheaper.

schnell

If you aren't absolutely sure that you want a game but can't resist the deal, buy it as a gift and keep it in your inventory. That way you can either choose to add it to your library or trade it. When buyer's remorse sets in, you can at least get some of the value back. Plus it looks kinda cool to have the icons in your inventory. I'm personally buying all my Summer Sale stuff this way.

Double dipped on Alan wake. Loved it on 360 and now I've got a new PC and want to see it in all its glory. Highly recommend this game if you havent played it.

Want that American Nightmare. I thought my bank had flagged my debit card for over use, but I just tried adding a credit card and it's giving me a non-descript error. Fuck.

Ocho

$183.27

Purchase

Serious Sam Double D,
Tropico 4,
Ys The Oath in Felghana,
Hack, Slash, Loot,
Port Royale 3,
CKII DLC Combo,
Ys Origin,
Deus Ex Collection

Booyah

You failed to follow the ONLY rule.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
:( I had Half-Life Complete in my shopping cart while I went upstairs to grab my wallet, but returned to find the price had jumped up to $19.99 from $9.99...

Are sales/discounts repeated? I've never played any of the Half-Life titles and I was really looking forward to experiencing the franchise.

On another note, I have both Left 4 Dead titles in my cart for $9.99 each. Have they ever been cheaper? I don't want to miss out if the prices go up, but at the same time, if they've been available at a cheaper price, I'd rather hold out.

Check out this website: SteamGameSales.com

Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2

Both have been five bucks during their daily deals last Holiday sale.

If you're thinking about getting the Valve Complete Pack, I happen to have one in my inventory from the Holiday giveaway. I'd be happy to give it away for the paltry price of the Bethesda Pack. Or Skyrim. Or Skyrim when it's inevitably a Daily Deal. Probably that last one.

Eternia

Damn, only $10 for Alan Wake franchise is extremely tempting even after I already played the original + The Signal DLC on the 360. Will be a rough 11 hours to go before I decide...

Salsa

$183.27

Purchase

Serious Sam Double D,
Tropico 4,
Ys The Oath in Felghana,
Hack, Slash, Loot,
Port Royale 3,
CKII DLC Combo,
Ys Origin,
Deus Ex Collection

Booyah

sadly the Booyah is on when all those games are featured as dailies later on

Elginer

If you aren't absolutely sure that you want a game but can't resist the deal, buy it as a gift and keep it in your inventory. That way you can either choose to add it to your library or trade it. When buyer's remorse sets in, you can at least get some of the value back. Plus it looks kinda cool to have the icons in your inventory. I'm personally buying all my Summer Sale stuff this way.

Wise, oh so wise.

I literally played it 2 weeks ago or so. CoC runs just fine on Win7 64-bit, with an Nvidia card. Don't know where the rumors stem from, but I played for 4 hours or so with no problems at all.

legacyzero

Banned
Alan Wake American Nightmare
The Binding Of Isaac
E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy
Wings of Prey
Lone Survivor

Will power YES! Now if Capcom and Ubisoft will get off their ass and give me some nice daily deals, my sale will be complete!

-Driver San Fran Sisco
-Lost Planet 1/2
-Dead Rising 2

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Why did you buy so many of those games already? a few of those are guaranteed to be a daily/flash deal and get cheaper.
Someone should keep track and figure out how much he could've saved when the Summer Sale is over. :p

Gaspode_T

sadly the Booyah is on when all those games are featured as dailies later on

bah, I really don't want to run the credit a bunch of times, it is only likely to get it locked down (trust me running a credit card from overseas is like proving that you are not a scammer every single time)

The indie games probably are not likely to be featured? I doubt Dues Ex or Fallout would either, who knows...

Elginer

So I take it that American Nightmare doesn't add anything significant to the main story? If so, that makes my decision to skip it a lot easier.

You'd be surprised at what it hints to for a sequel. I don't want to ruin it but if you're a fan of Lovecraft you'll really dig it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom