• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alan Wake: CE is mine. I'm skipping American Nightmare 'cause it doesn't look all that interesting. Missed the Trine flash deal but fingers crossed for a daily.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I say this with all due respect:

You are stupid if you do not buy the Alan Wake collection.

Really, really stupid.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Oh I found where the purchase transaction is:

Here's mine after 2 days:

Alan Wake Bundle (Summer 2012)
Worms Reloaded
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes
Half-Life Complete
Chrome + Chrome: Specforce
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Max Payne Bundle
Swords and Soldiers with Sausage Fest DLC
Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb
Trine 2
Robin Hood
Back to the Future: The Game
Shatter
Scratches
Still Life Collection
Syberia 2
Mafia
The Bard's Tale
Penumbra Collectors Pack
Post Mortem
Eschalon: Book I
Eschalon Book II
Freedom Pack
Arx Fatalis
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
Terraria
Hard Reset: Extended edition

Fantastical

Death Prophet
bah, I really don't want to run the credit a bunch of times, it is only likely to get it locked down (trust me running a credit card from overseas is like proving that you are not a scammer every single time)

The indie games probably are not likely to be featured? I doubt Dues Ex or Fallout would either, who knows...

Put funds in your Steam wallet that way you only charge once.

It's obviously very early, but the Alan Wake Franchise Pack for $10 has to be the best deal of the sale so far, right? I mean American Nightmare isn't even 2 months old and it's already got a 75% off discount on its own.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
It's obviously very early, but the Alan Wake Franchise Pack for $10 has to be the best deal of the sale so far, right? I mean American Nightmare isn't even 2 months old and it's already got a 75% off discount on its own.

And I thought I got a good deal buying it for $5.99 from GOG a couple days ago. :p

Elginer

I say this with all due respect:

You are stupid if you do not buy the Alan Wake collection.

Really, really stupid.

ihRGOvihnUsTZ.jpg

Binding of issac expansion is 0.75, deal of the forever! (although i also purchased Alan Wake Collection with that)

So I take it that American Nightmare doesn't add anything significant to the main story? If so, that makes my decision to skip it a lot easier.

Think of it as more of like a one shot side story. It has its connections to the main storyline, but it doesn't advance the story that leaves off at the end of Alan Wake and its DLCs. But if you were a fan of the first game that really just wanted more Alan Wake, like I was, then this will fit the bill.

Alan Wake: CE is mine. I'm skipping American Nightmare 'cause it doesn't look all that interesting. Missed the Trine flash deal but fingers crossed for a daily.

That seems crazy to me. The base game is $7.50. For only $2.50 more you get American Nightmare which is normally $15 on it's own

Crayons

Banned
I hate you guys and your game recommendations. I'm going to have to live on ramen for the next two weeks.

Thank you

Just over half way through Alan Wake and now I can get American Nightmare for $3.75. That $10 collection is probably one of the best deals so far, everyone get on it. Plus it looks awesome on PC.

Binding of issac expansion is 0.75, deal of the forever! (although i also purchased Alan Wake Collection with that)

Actually, yeah, the Binding of Isaac Collection for ~$2 is a ridiculous deal considering how much content is there. Might be slightly better.

Does Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines ever go on a daily deal? Seems that price doesn't ever want to move.

For years it seemed to never drop in price, but I've noticed it drop to $5 a handful of times over the past year.

I have to say Alan Wake is an absolute steal at that price. I am amazed at the download speed too, getting 3.4mb s here which surprises me with the sale going on.

Guaranteed we will see a LTTP thread in a weeks time or so. Which is gonna be great as I love Alan Wake. I was obsessed with it for a long time when it came out.

Just over half way through Alan Wake and now I can get American Nightmare for $3.75. That $10 collection is probably one of the best deals so far, everyone get on it. Plus it looks awesome on PC.

I beat the main game on 360, but I still bought the whole collection on PC for $10.

This is the best deal of the sale so far in my opinion.

SeriousApes

I've never participated in a Steam sale before. I use a crappy laptop, so I just bought some older games I was pretty sure I could run. I got Morrowind GOTY, Deus Ex 1, and Half-Life 1 combo. I don't know if the prices will be better (I'm guessing probably?), but they seemed good enough to me.

Does Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines ever go on a daily deal? Seems that price doesn't ever want to move.

i think it went on sale last winter/summer and again on halloween...

@Xyber: Yes buy Sonic Generations ,if you have a controller, the game sucks with keyboard and mouse.

also im tempted to get Anno 2070 collection yes or no? i do like me strategy games.

Fixed1979

The sale is already wearing on my brain. I saw a few of my friends bought Trine 2 and I was pretty missed I missed the sale and clicked on it anyway...yeah I didn't miss the sale, just forgot about buying it earlier. Too many games.

Waiting and hoping Metro 2033 pops up in a few hours then going ahead with
Indie Bundle II
Anno 2070 Collection
Alan Wake Francheise

BadAss2961

It's been on sale for $5 a couple of times. One of the best games ever.

I think you guys got me to cave and go in on the Alan Wake franchise deal. Thanks.

Well, Alan Wake franchise is bought. Keep em coming Steam.

Also, I downloaded the demo for Space Marine and now that I've bought the full game the Demo isn't showing up in my library anymore. It's still in my steamapps folder though it doesn't open when I double click the exe. Can I not play the demo anymore after buying the full game? Will installing the full game automatically uninstall the demo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom