• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't decide if I want Sonic Generations or not. Help me out GAF.

One of the better Sonic games in recent memory. The 2D levels are fantastic and the 3D levels are better than I expected them to be. Excellent port as well. If you're a Sonic fan, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't like it. This isn't the cheapest price for the game, but still absolutely worth it.

so is the second DLC for Alan Wake good?

I had the 360 version and never picked it up. I kinda just want to get American Nightmare but would be sad if I missed out.

AlexBasch

Meh, I can always ask my friend for his Alan Wake disc and I wasn't that interested in the dow-

American Nightmare included?

Shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Also, one or two pages back somebody mentioned that developers packs don't go any cheaper, is that really true? I'm on the lookout for the New Vegas DLC to go 75% off. I bought NV for $4.99 last december.

jgminto

My haul so far.

Alan Wake
Alan Wake American Nightmare
Lara Croft GOL
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
Trine 2
Hard Reset: Extended edition
Legend of Grimrock
Crusader Kings II
Deus Ex Human Revolution: The Missing Link DLC

Total cost. $52.17

HiiiLife

Do you have a Gamestop nearby?

Yup. I'll probably just wait till tomorrow morning to go pick one up since they're closed. Until then.. I hope these flash deals don't pop up as one of the games I want. Lol. Still have 7 dollars left for a good L4D deal.

i'm tryin to save you guys money christ

you truly disappoint me younglin

not as much as alan wake disappoints people wiht excellent taste

So whaT aRe yOur reasons for disLiking a game that a Lot of people here aparrently liked? You just say, "herrr, game sux, U guise R dumb." You should vocalize why you don't like it.

asshole idiot protaganist, terrible garbage twin peaks stephen king mishmash plot and gameplay is walking down dark mountain paths and shooting the same 3 enemies for 5 hours; the end

oh yeah PRODUCT PLACEMENT OUT THE ASS

Meh, I can always ask my friend for his Alan Wake disc and I wasn't that interested in the dow-

American Nightmare included?

Shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Also, one or two pages back somebody mentioned that developers packs don't go any cheaper, is that really true? I'm on the lookout for the New Vegas DLC to go 75% off. I bought NV for $4.99 last december.

The dev packs don't go cheaper. But the individual items in them, obviously do sometimes.

Amagon

I know I just bought Alan Wake but does it include the other DLCs that came out before American Nightmare?

And is it compatible with the 360 controller so I can play this on my big comfy couch?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Alan Wake is one of those games I would have given a shot. But again my friend forced me to watch his entire walkthrough, so there's no point in it since I already know the ending.

lal alan wake is terrible

feel sry for any sucker who buys that shit

lucillebackaway.gif

Okay you persuaded me. Didn't want to bother with AN because I don't really care about the arcade mode but I suppose skipping more content for a buck more would be pretty crazy... anddd downloading. :p

Oh yeah, this may seem like a stupid question, but...how's The Witcher? Seems like a pretty good time to pick it up at $6 but kind of hesitant as I've seen some mixed reviews.

I didn't enjoy Alan Wake.

Why? I admit that it had it's share of problems, but overall it was a great game? I think I fell in love with the OST and the soundtrack so much, that it made me overlook some problems, and I still don't care. One of my favorite games of this generation.

TxdoHawk

Man, these flash sales...how am I supposed to sleep when a sale on Skyrim or something else could begin and end while I'm snoozing? D:

asshole idiot protaganist, terrible garbage twin peaks stephen king mishmash plot and gameplay is walking down dark mountain paths and shooting the same 3 enemies for 5 hours; the end

oh yeah PRODUCT PLACEMENT OUT THE ASS

Bububut... steam sale...aka even if I am disappointed (which I doubt I will be) its 7.50. Thats less than a footlong sub in Canada.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination

First of all, if one of your criticisms is that the game is a mishmash of Twin Peaks and Stephen King, then I don't know what to tell you. Both Twin Peaks and Stephen King are awesome, and the game does an excellent job (more so than any other title in recent memory, actually) of bringing that small town mystery atmosphere to life.

And second of all, the game isn't five hours long, which makes me question if you've even beaten it.

Why? I admit that it had it's share of problems, but overall it was a great game? I think I fell in love with the OST and the soundtrack so much, that it made me overlook some problems, and I still don't care. One of my favorite games of this generation.

I was rather bored. Though I didn't get that far into it. Maybe I should give it another chance. Though $10 to risk still not liking it is probably too much.

schnell

I thought I'd save money by reading about the original Alan Wake and just playing American Nightmare. If you guys want to go ahead and tell me how awful my idea is before it's too late for me to buy the whole pack, please do.

Oh neat. I just noticed that the Complete Alan Wake comes with a Collector's edition that includes audio commentary when you play through the game. Since I already beat it on 360, this will be an awesome way to play through it again!

I thought I'd save money by reading about the original Alan Wake and just playing American Nightmare. If you guys want to go ahead and tell me how awful my idea is before it's too late for me to buy the whole pack, please do.

Buy the whole pack. Don't ruin a great thing for yourself over a handful of dollars.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
That's some solid dedication to Katy Perry right there.

Come on, you snark like that and no avatar quote? You're slipping.

(Whatever. Downloaded "Wide Awake" off of iTunes while I was at it. Can't wait for her next album. I'd do anything for her, including wearing that stupid purple cat costume.)

HiiiLife

Still can't believe that there are more days for these sales to continue. I honestly feel like i purchased enough to last me months. But I'm not complaining. Bring on more sales!

Mrbob

I'm having fun with GFWL. It keeps on telling me my username and/or password is invalid so I can't play SSF4AE online. It's so easy to hate this service what a piece of garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom