• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm in the OP as someone who is willing to help someone get a game for cheap. PM me if someone wants Alice. Lemme know, I see it for $5.00.

Ok...I can go to sleep now after waiting for those deals. Damnit Gabe what have you done to me
KuGsj.gif

TGMIII

Assassins Creed pack for £28.94, what do you guys think? How bad is the ubisoft DRM, I sort of don't want to have more launchers that individually update but this seems like a pretty good deal.

Smash88

Banned
Alice is a hate or love game.

A lot of people either hate it or love it on GAF especially.

I think it has one of the best art styles in a game. But it does get somewhat repetitive over the course of the game.

So take that for what you will. Just don't come back going you lied GAF!

Man why in the fuck is The Force Unleashed 30gbs? It's not like it's a badass PC port with higher resolution/source textures and all kinds of bells and whistles.

Bentendo

Kingdoms of Amlaur was just on sale at Amazon a few days ago, so I don't really buy the whole notion that a game can't go on sale if the studio is down. Who allowed it to go on sale? No idea, but maybe we could ask Tony about it.

kami_sama

Should I buy the Ass Creed pack? I don't think it will be cheaper in the sale.
.?

Kingdoms of Amlaur was just on sale at Amazon a few days ago, so I don't really buy the whole notion that a game can't go on sale if the studio is down. Who allowed it to go on sale? No idea, but maybe we could ask Tony about it.
In retail and digital other than steam, the pub is EA and is the one that makes the decision, in Steam, the pub is 38 studios, and they can't make decisions because they're under.

I stupidly gave a friend my Alice key so he could use it on Origin. That was before I ever booted up the game on Steam. Now I'm stuck with a game I can never play and I can't even rebuy it on Steam to get a new key.

Andherewego.gif

In before eternally argument if Alice is good or complete shit.

I think it is both....kind of like Alan Wake. If you plan to play half of it only, and like checking out some nice graphics and art style, buy away. If you want a fun game experience and don't like putting up with bullshit, avoid, because the actual "game" parts are really boring and repetitive.

I agree with your thoughts on Alice. Really liked the art style and voice acting, and I enjoyed the occasional mini-game to give you a break from the platforming. The combat was pretty solid as well. But the game felt about 4 hours too long IMO. Some of the chapters really dragged on to the point that I just wanted to get it over with and head to the next beautifully twisted environment.

Still, for $5, it's worth trying.

The Amazon version is published by EA while the Steam version was self-published, afaik.

Levyne

Banned
yeah in 2 hours there will be a good window for sleep since the flash deals and community deal will all have reset...lol

I stupidly gave a friend my Alice key so he could use it on Origin. That was before I ever booted up the game on Steam. Now I'm stuck with a game I can never play and I can't even rebuy it on Steam to get a new key.

So the key doesnt work on Steam anymore? Maybe someone could buy it and gift it to you and that would work?

Einbroch

Banned
Binding of Isaac. Man, dunno. Either I'm just not getting it or I'm just not gonna like it. The twin-stick shooter feel without it really being a twin-stick shooter is throwing me for a loop. Throw in the "bending" tears and I just don't think I'll ever get into it.

Megasoum

Banned
yeah in 2 hours there will be a good window for sleep since the flash deals and community deal will all have reset...lol

Yeah but the deals that will pop up in 2 hours will be up for like 10-12 hours no? That still give you plenty of time to sleep.

Thatoneguy

Neo Member
Disappointed in the newest flash deals, but Alan Wake set the bar high. Still nice deals on Alice and Football Manager.

My wallet is safe for at least two hours.

Thanks for the answers guys. I picked up just Space Marine so I can shoot/slice Space Orks.

I bet Gaben is going to wait until the last day for Skyrim. ;_;

Universaldamps

Neo Member
I was going to buy might and magic clash of heroes. Twas 75% off just as a part of the regular sale. It's now showing up as 33% off for no good reason. Am I missing something here?

AlexBasch

Alice is $12.49 in Mexico.

We get shafted with the Dead Space 2 Steam at that same price whenever it's on sale.

I have 15 bucks in my Steam wallet. Fuckfuckfuckfuck, I need to minimize Steam and stick only to my shopping list.

Goddammit.

filipe

Binding of Isaac. Man, dunno. Either I'm just not getting it or I'm just not gonna like it. The twin-stick shooter feel without it really being a twin-stick shooter is throwing me for a loop. Throw in the "bending" tears and I just don't think I'll ever get into it.

I felt similar to this feeling, but trust me the game just becomes addicting. I didn't like it at first, but it has good depth and the difficulty is just perfect. The game has depth, surprisingly.

wtf RE5 has literally no discount at all and is still at MSRP?

woooooooooooooow

capcom deserves to be burned to the ground

I went back to play some mercenaries recently and gfwl ate my save file, so I would have to beat the single player game again to play mercenaries. Fuck that game.

(see also: my thoughts on bioshock 2 and gfwl)

Alice is $12.49 in Mexico.

We get shafted with the Dead Space 2 Steam at that same price whenever it's on sale.

I have 15 bucks in my Steam wallet. Fuckfuckfuckfuck, I need to minimize Steam and stick only to my shopping list.

Goddammit.

If you can paypal $5 I can get it for you. If not maybe check the trading thread and see if maybe someone would buy it for you in exchange for a game that is $5 on Mexico Steam.

yogloo

Total damage $86.17. This is starting to get out of hand...
From Dust
Sonic Gen
Assasin's creed rev
Tomb Raider Legend, Anniversary, Underworld
Lara Croft GOL
Trine Franchise
Darksiders
SR3
Mafia II
Portal 2
Alan Wake

Smash88

Banned
Total damage $86.18. This is starting to get out of hand...
From Dust
Sonic Gen
Assasin's creed rev
Tomb Raider Legend, Anniversary, Underworld
Lara Croft GOL
Trine Franchise
Darksiders
SR3
Mafia II
Portal 2
Alan Wake

AND IT'S ONLY THE END OF DAY 2.

THE GABE STRIKES AGAIN!

XIAqA.gif

Alice is a good game if only for the really cool looking real world parts, and thanks Steam for these 10 hour flash deals, I can finally sleep easy tonight.

Galactic Civlisations II: Ulitmate Edition or Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinty. Which one is going to make me feel more like I'm playing MOO2 again?

(Obviously I'll wait for a potenial daily/flash deal.)

0OoO0

Is there a way to play these Steam games using a normal xbox 360 controller? Or do I need to buy a xbox 360 PC controller? I just got Alan Wake American Nightmare and would like to play it with a controller not a keyboard + mouse.

Mairu

Is there a way to play these Steam games using a normal xbox 360 controller? Or do I need to buy a xbox 360 PC controller? I just got Alan Wake American Nightmare and would like to play it with a controller not a keyboard + mouse.

The xbox 360 "pc" controller is just a wired xbox 360 controller. If you have one already, you can use that. If you only have a wireless controller, you'll have to buy a wireless receiver to plug into the PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom