• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arksy

Could someone audit the Meridian4 pack for me and let me know if it's worth getting? Looking for good adventure games with great/engaging storylines but have only ever heard of Syberia....

HoosTrax

$39.99 is the price for the Dark Souls pre-order...

...No bonuses or discount. I don't think Namco Bandai understands the point of a digital pre-order.

yogloo

AND IT'S ONLY THE END OF DAY 2.

THE GABE STRIKES AGAIN!

XIAqA.gif

God damn it. I didn't realize that it's only the end of day 2 until you mentioned it. I'm so doomed.

TGMIII

Assassins Creed pack for £28.94, what do you guys think? How bad is the ubisoft DRM, I sort of don't want to have more launchers that individually update but this seems like a pretty good deal.

Just re-quoting to find out about the ubisoft DRM, is it intrusive at all? Anyone with experience know.

Sins of a Solar Empire is 9.99 until the 23rd. Should I wait and see if it gets cheaper?

I hear that trinity pretty much has all the content of the original plus more.

Katoki

Is there a way to play these Steam games using a normal xbox 360 controller? Or do I need to buy a xbox 360 PC controller? I just got Alan Wake American Nightmare and would like to play it with a controller not a keyboard + mouse.

IDK about the older ones but I recently bought a new NON-"For Windows" wired 360 controller since they're USB anyway and did the whole few second plug and play goodness.

Yep, couldn't resist and bought Alan Wake. I'm hoping to see the Crysis franchise soon, just praying it doesn't turn out to be a flash sale that I miss...

_PM

Alice is $12.49 in Mexico.

We get shafted with the Dead Space 2 Steam at that same price whenever it's on sale.

I have 15 bucks in my Steam wallet. Fuckfuckfuckfuck, I need to minimize Steam and stick only to my shopping list.

Goddammit.

I think this is the first time I encounter a difference between Mexico Steam and US Steam.

Bigfoot

Is there a way to play these Steam games using a normal xbox 360 controller? Or do I need to buy a xbox 360 PC controller? I just got Alan Wake American Nightmare and would like to play it with a controller not a keyboard + mouse.

You can, but you still need the wireless adapter for the PC. I know you can get unofficial versions for cheap ($10) from sites like Deal Extreme but I'm not sure reliable they will be. I just bought the Microsoft one when they still sold it on its own. Now you can only buy it with a controller I think. If you need an extra 360 controller anyways, you can go that route.

kitzkozan

Resisted the urge to buy a couple of Tomb raider games simply because I want to stick to my budget or close to it. :p I'll save some for the next sale in december. Think I'm about ready to jump on the following games:

Alan Wake franchise
Max Payne bundle (Alan Wake and MP 1 & 2 are done by the same developer, Remedy)
The binding of Issaac collection (a game I had no intention of buying, but plenty of Gaffers are praising it and it's fucking dirt cheap)

Only need Half Life and Crysis 2 maximum edition although I'm sure I will fail and buy something on impulse. XD

Resisted the urge to buy a couple of Tomb raider games simply because I want to stick to my budget or close to it. :p I'll save some for the next sale in december. Think I'm about ready to jump on the following games:

Alan Wake franchise
Max Payne bundle (Alan Wake and MP 1 & 2 are done by the same developer, Remedy)
The binding of Issaac collection (a game I had no intention of buying, but plenty of Gaffers are praising it and it's fucking dirt cheap)

Only need Half Life and Crysis 2 maximum edition although I'm sure I will fail and buy something on impulse. XD

Half Life was just on a flash sale.

joezombie

accidentally bought alan wake seperately from the pack, so blew an extra $1.20 on that an american nightmare. You're welcome, Remedy

Gartooth

Spent $38.93 so far and I have:

Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Episode 1
Half-Life 2: Episode 2
Payday: The Heist
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Saints Row: The Third

to thank for that. Steam Summer Sales are the best! (now all I have to do is actually put in time and play these games!)

YOu just need one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003WFYZCY/?tag=neogaf0e-20

That's the $10 generic one (a bit of hassle with drivers but after that works great once you get it set up)

Here is the offical one for $22:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000HZFCT2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

You can, but you still need the wireless adapter for the PC. I know you can get unofficial versions for cheap ($10) from sites like Deal Extreme but I'm not sure reliable they will be. I just bought the Microsoft one when they still sold it on its own. Now you can only buy it with a controller I think. If you need an extra 360 controller anyways, you can go that route.

I have a generic one. They work fine except that you hvae to install the drivers manually (windows already has the drivers on your PC or you can download them and then direct it to them). Other than that minor hassle setting them up, the generic ones work fine.

Levyne

Banned
The official wireless receiver works great. If you buy one used or secondhand or whatever you may need to download the wireless controller driver from the website.

Gaspode_T

IMO the official controller is totally worth getting - I could swear the rumble is stronger than the 360 controller (maybe just because it doesn't have batteries)

IMO the official controller is totally worth getting - I could swear the rumble is stronger than the 360 controller (maybe just because it doesn't have batteries)

Yeah the wired controllers are really great. My brother has one.

If you live next to a Microcenter, they have "refurbished" wired PC 360 controllers for $20. They also have the wireless adapters for $15.

Joe Molotov

You have to have either a wired Xbox 360 pad or a wireless Xbox 360 pad and the 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows. If you have a wired USB pad you can just plug it in and play.

Alice is a great game, and worth the price its going for right now. Cannot go wrong for 4.99$. Sure, it runs a bit long at points but the atmosphere and art direction are aces. Totally would not hesitate for that price!

Also, the 360 controller+ receiver work GREAT. If you can get your hands on just the receive and you have a controller I totally recommend this. I've played through numerous games recently like this and all console ports/versions work flawless. At the moment Im working through SR3, Alan Wake and AC Brotherhood and all have flawless support. Cannot recommend it enough!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
How is Alice: Madness Returns? I recall the reception being pretty lukewarm last year, but maybe I'm mistaken... or maybe these are the same sorts who hated Shadows of the Damned, too, and thus can't' be trusted.

What "hidden gems" have people found that are too good to pass up even without daily deals?

Divine Divinity, which is like... the best CRPG ever, and it looks stupid good in 1080p.

Salsa

150 minimum ping in Tribes it seems :/ Brazil region (closest to home)

Amazingly I was still doing kinda good, and it made me nostalgic hard. Love Tribes, but yeah that latency still bums me out. No custom dedicated servers also..

You guys think I should pick up that starter pack?

Salsa

new page:

150 minimum ping in Tribes it seems :/ Brazil region (closest to home)

Amazingly I was still doing kinda good, and it made me nostalgic hard. Love Tribes, but yeah that latency still bums me out. No custom dedicated servers also..

You guys think I should pick up that starter pack?

someone in the UK?

I'd like Alice & FM2012. Will paypal £9

check the bottom part of the OP

Fou-Lu

I'm really starting to hate steam sales, it's not even amusing anymore how impossible I find it to resist buying stuff.

baconcow

Sins of a Solar Empire is 9.99 until the 23rd. Should I wait and see if it gets cheaper?

I plan on doing this, also. One of the bundles in the CDR includes Sins + GalCiv2 + Demigod. I am banking on there being a daily sale for the Sins Franchise one of the days. I am hoping for the newest Sins 75% off or possibly a bundle with all games. I have GalCiv2, already, but not on steam. I guess it depends on the discount. Right now, Sins: Redemption is 0% off and Trinity is 50%. Since Redemption includes all of the Trinity content, it would be my first choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom