• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaspode_T

150 minimum ping in Tribes it seems :/ Brazil region (closest to home)

Amazingly I was still doing kinda good, and it made me nostalgic hard. Love Tribes, but yeah that latency still bums me out. No custom dedicated servers also..

You guys think I should pick up that starter pack?

The speed of the server seems to matter as much as being close to you - I have found fast servers in East US region and I am in Japan...Fast being sub 100 or around 100 at least. The way the internet pipes are laid out matters too, you should just go into Custom Servers and try to poke around different regions.

150 minimum ping in Tribes it seems :/ Brazil region (closest to home)

Amazingly I was still doing kinda good, and it made me nostalgic hard. Love Tribes, but yeah that latency still bums me out. No custom dedicated servers also..

You guys think I should pick up that starter pack?

I bought it for $10, for $5.00 you can't go wrong. In fact, PM me your steam name, we'll take care of ya, for doing such a stand up job with the OP.

TGMIII

Assassins Creed pack for £28.94, what do you guys think? How bad is the ubisoft DRM, I sort of don't want to have more launchers that individually update but this seems like a pretty good deal.

Still looking for an answer on this. Don't want to buy the pack to get shit on by poor DRM.

Milamber

Hard Reset wasn't a Flash Sale or Communities Choice Sale yet? If not, even at 75% off, it might be a daily for even less, right? I hope.

Fou-Lu

Alice: Madness Returns is such a beautiful game that it doesn't need justification. It's so beautiful it makes my heart hurt when I play it.

$39.99 is the price for the Dark Souls pre-order...

...No bonuses or discount. I don't think Namco Bandai understands the point of a digital pre-order.
people will buy it still... also Alice is a great game fuck the reviewers who compared it to MW3 of BF3(if there are any) its great game.

Spazznid

Most reviews of Alice are not so good :(

Most reviews of alice are stupid.

Whining about invisible walls, and then praising games like MW3 and BF3... WTF.

Watch some Gameplay and decide for yourself. I bought it despite the reviews and am glad I did.

The only reviewer I trust is Classic Game Room. And he doesn't really do PC games so much.

If you've got an itch for a platformer with a twisted story and striking visuals, go for it.

I can think of nothing wrong with the game.

Also, Bought ASSCREED REV, and the DRM is BS. Makes you install a "Launcher" program. when you click [Play Game], you are just starting the "Uplay" program which is like their steam and THEN you launch ASSCREED from there....

That said, Revelations DOES look mighty nice and runs even nicer. the controls are tighter than ASSCREED 2 (Xbox wireless/DS3 Motioninjoy) and It 'feels' good. If you want to finish the games before, I say buy it, then uninstall after beating it. I plan on buying ASSCREED Bros if it goes on sale... Please let it go on sale when I have time to react (not 3 AM).

Alex

Alice is great, and gorgeous as well.

Also, it's fun to come home to American Nightmare 75% off, woo. I needed that.

Hawk269

Hard Reset wasn't a Flash Sale or Communities Choice Sale yet? If not, even at 75% off, it might be a daily for even less, right? I hope.

I dought it will go any cheaper. It is 75% off already and they normally dont do sales that are more than 75% off. However, thank you for posting that. I did not know it was on sale at all until I saw your post...about to purchase and download.

Enco

Nooooooooo! I just bought Alan Wake, and it drops down to 75%? Damn it!.

And Alice for 4.99? Worth it, yeah?
Bro. I'm not one to tell everyone to wait and wait but if you take the plunge, you gotta live with it :p

Alan Wake is mine. And metro will soon follow (if not by voting, through GMG). My wallet isn't going to be happy. So long left.

vocab

I can't get alice to run well on my GTX 670. Beware, probably one of the most unoptimized games due to physx. The background level loading happens so much it really ruins my enjoyment of the game, and Physx performance decrease is such a joke.

JDSN

Banned
Bought The Walking Dead and its so more better than the show (and the comic at some aspects).

EditL Oh, Tony is giving away free keys for Warband and Europe Universalis 3.

Milamber

My friend came over and he wants to buy some steam games on my account using his paypal, would that cause any problems?

You may be account locked for purchases depending whether he uses it for Steam Wallet or direct purchasing from PayPal.
Also, is he buying it as gifts on your account & sending it to his?

Enco

My friend came over and he wants to buy some steam games on my account using his paypal, would that cause any problems?
Probably not but why?

You can gift?
You can send money?

Edit: will you share steam accounts? If so, fuck that. Make your own

Salsa

big big thanks to Krappadizzle for the Tribes starter pack. Really helps since I was still doubting with that ping and this gives me the opportunity to try the game out with more classes and all that :) dont know if I would have pulled the trigger otherwise but something tells me im sure I would have regretted it since I really miss tribes.

Thanks again!

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Wow, just lost an hour and a half to Terraria. I didn't even think I liked sandbox games. :|

Next thing you know Steam will have me buying AAA games and first-person shooters 'cause they're cheap (or a friend wants to try co-op) and it'll turn out I enjoy those now too :|

epmode

I'd like to know what the DRM is like for the whole Assassin's Creed pack, too. I am a total newcomer to the franchise

I can't speak for the other games since I don't have them installed at the moment but I was just able to launch Revelations while offline. I also know that an earlier game had some kind of internet check that has since been taken out.

As for the series itself, it's a strange one. It's far too easy and it takes barely any skill to play, not to mention the ridiculous story. ..but I still really like it. It's fun to wander around the cities, climbing stuff, throwing people off buildings, etc. And I think I even like the stupid story! I guess I'd describe it as "cheerfully goofy."

TGMIII

I can't speak for the other games since I don't have them installed at the moment but I was just able to launch Revelations while offline. I also know that an earlier game had some kind of internet check that has since been taken out.

When you install the games are you forced to install the Ubisoft Uplay software? Gameplay wise I know what to expect I just don't trust ubisofts DRM without hearing about it first.

Bro. I'm not one to tell everyone to wait and wait but if you take the plunge, you gotta live with it :p

Alan Wake is mine. And metro will soon follow (if not by voting, through GMG). My wallet isn't going to be happy. So long left.

I'm actually not complaining too much about it, TBH. I just started playing and it is definitely feels like it is worth the price of admission at full price. But still, I'm sure you can relate to that feeling of purchasing something and then seeing it go on sale the next day? :p

Well in any case there will be plenty of other sales to make up for this one. I was going to spend 4 dollars on a iced cappuccino at the coffee shop down the street. But I will hold off on that and purchase Alice instead. I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom