• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with cpp_is_king. I own Super Meat Boy and I know most of you do too, but that's the game that deserves to get the community choice sale.

Honestly I'm not even exaggerating when i say it's the best platform of all time (IMO). See ya later Super Mario Brothers, there's a new SMB in town.

CatPee

Limited myself to $20 for the entirety of the sale. Let's see how this goes. Extremely tempted to pick up Alan Wake already. :\

Resilient

Sweet, picked up Bioshock 2 and Binding of Isaac. I thought I'd have these sales under control, guess not :( Voted QUBE also, already own the other 2.

bonesquad

Voted for Super Meat Boy even though I already have it, because anyone who hasn't played it yet should be ashamed of themselves for missing out on perhaps the best 2D platformer of all times.

I'm with cpp_is_king. I own Super Meat Boy and I know most of you do too, but that's the game that deserves to get the community choice sale.

No it doesn't. Your logic is faulty because everyone does already own SMB. If it wins, the sale goes to waste.

Vote Qube!

PaulLFC

Why does it "deserve" the sale? It's been on sale many times already, and will be on sale many times again. It's no more deserving than the other two games.

VOTE QUBE. Please. The other games are on sale all the damn time.
This, this and this again.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Honestly I'm not even exaggerating when i say it's the best platform of all time (IMO). See ya later Super Mario Brothers, there's a new SMB in town.

I really don't think Meat Boy is a platformer. It feels more like a time trial game.

No it doesn't. Your logic is faulty because everyone does already own SMB. If it wins, the sale goes to waste.

Why does it "deserve" the sale? It's been on sale many times already, and will be on sale many times again. It's no more deserving than the other two games.

Eh, Meat Boy fans are like that, ignore them :p

Card Boy

Banned

Agree and it shits on Super Mario Brothers but Cube (edit: i mean Qube) is the only game i don't have so i voted that.

Knox

The haul so far:

Terraria, Trine 2, The Binding Of Isaac, PixelJunk Eden, AC: Revelations, Alice, NFS: Hot Pursuit (Amazon).

Revelations was my #1 target for the sale as I've recently really gotten into Assassin's Creed, so I was excited to see it up for vote and more excited when it won. I was expecting to pay $20.

I'm proud of myself for holding off on a lot of stuff. I easily could have spent a lot more than I have at this point.

Voted Qube. Kinda looks like Portal.

SMB was in a Humble Bundle(s) and everyone should have it. It also goes on sale a lot. PvZ is the same thing - if you wanted it by now you should have it as it goes on sale quite frequently. I've avoided picking up the PC version since I've had it on iOS.

Damn this Bioshock 2 deal is throwing me off, especially since it's working on the franchise pack too. I only need Bioshock 1, already having 2. (I have Bioshock 1 somewhere that was from D2D, but it's too much hassle at this point to deal with.)

I hope the first one gets 75% or more off individually :(

Voted Qube, it looks interesting.

So far I've only bought Hard Reset and Space Chem.

Underwhelming for me so far, but I'm sure that will change. Hoping for Arma 2 sale...

JonCha

Voted PvZ as played SMB and Giant Bomb said Q.U.B.E. isn't that good.

Also tempted on Madness Returns and Alan Wake. Played the first, so American Nightmare at £3 is awesome. Heard BioShock 2 is pretty meh.

joshwaan

Voted Super Meat Boy heard good things

Just checked how many steam games I have 129 lol I cannot control myself during these sales :p hehe

Martian

8.40 am Saturday here :p

Pff dailies have been crap compared to the flash sales and votes.

I wouldnt call the Shogun 2 and Alan Wake deals 'crap'. But yes, so far it has not been exploding with a white hot rage of sales. Then again, it's only the second day of the sale.

KorrZ

Come on Super Meat Boy.

Trying to limit myself to $20 for the entire sale and it's giving me buying paralysis. Kind of some things I'm interested in but I keep feeling like I should wait for some better daily deals....what do I do GAF?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Voted on QUBE since it's newish and hasn't been on sale 100x. It will win by a large margin.

«þ»

I was a former Tribes Ascend player during the beta and before it was on Steam.

Can I still purchase the Starter Pack and download on Steam and attach it to my previous account? Or is it for new players only?

Card Boy

Banned
Sounds pretty desperate.

Joke aside 'desperate' is when Greenman Gaming, Get Games Go and Amazon beat the hell out of Steams pre-order deals and sales and the best thing Valve can come up with is TF2 hats.

«þ»;39855254 said:
I was a former Tribes Ascend player during the beta and before it was on Steam.

Can I still purchase the Starter Pack and download on Steam and attach it to my previous account? Or is it for new players only?

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom