• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruiserk

For anyone that has played Rayman Origins, does it feel like it is running in slow motion? Not bad framerate or anything. Just that he isn't moving as fast as he should. I remember the console demo, his sprint seemed much faster. Maybe it has just been a while though.

Koroviev

For anyone that has played Rayman Origins, does it feel like it is running in slow motion? Not bad framerate or anything. Just that he isn't moving as fast as he should. I remember the console demo, his sprint seemed much faster. Maybe it has just been a while though.

Are you checking the framerate with FRAPS? Because I'm getting 30 fps and it does indeed feel like slow-motion.

Bruiserk

Are you checking the framerate with FRAPS? Because I'm getting 30 fps and it does indeed feel like slow-motion.

I was streaming for my friend and I was getting 30. I'll check it out without streaming which will boost my FPS tomorrow or so.

edit: downloading demo on PSN now to check what the console feels like

kafiend

People should vote Qube becuase I want to play qube.

Yeah I voted for the one I didn't own.

On the idea of one of the games being more deserving than the others for a vote. The only time that might be relevant if the vote choice were games from a multi billion publisher Vs starving indie dev. Although, if you actually gave much of a shit in the first place then you would have already given money to the indie dev by purchasing their game at full price on day one.

Yaska

Weird, my copy of Rayman: O is capped at 60 fps. So you guys getting 30 fps might be reason for "slowdowns"?

Bruiserk

Maybe the game physics are related to the framerate and having say 120 fps would double the game speed.

I hope not. Although my buddy said he doesn't want to watch a whole lot because of spoilers, I'd still like the option to stream and have a normal experience.

Bruiserk

Alright I just tested it out.

While at 30 FPS, running along side the console version, Rayman was definitely slower. Doing multiple actions took longer at 30 FPS. I stopped streaming and reached 60 FPS and everything was back to normal.

Arksy

Still looking for meridian4 pack aduits! Let me know if the pack is worth it. Never really heard of anything in the pack but looking for quality adventure games with engaging stories.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
it can't possibly be true that rayman origins doesn't have gamepad support, right..?

It does, but I had to manually bind the actions to the controller via the options menu -- the game didn't switch to them automatically.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm not that reserved. I need restraint, lol.

dfbop.png

You think you're bad?

steamsalemadness.png

I'm a fucking madhouse.
And this doesn't even include the several copies of games I bought for friends to play with. The bright side is I actually have the time and money right now to go on a gaming marathon, and been playing a through my backlog recently..

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Double-dipped on Alan Wake. Already own it on 360, but the DLC and American Nightmare included for 10$ was too good to pass.

Also just bought the Binding of Issac pack. Didn't realize it was from the SMB guys so I bought it based on that alone.

Pleasantly surprised by the lighting and shadowing in Alan Wake, and how well the game runs maxed out on my 5770.

Less pleasantly surprised by the hilariously bad facial animation and texture work but the game seems quite fun so far. Fantastic atmosphere.
Yeah, that lip sync was bad. Even Remedy said they'd like to patch it when it was first release for 360. VA was good, but lip syncing was off for sure.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
So do these new profile achievement thingies do something at all? Like, can you win stuff if you complete them? This sale doesn't seem to feature any tasks at all, seems off for a Steam sale :/

NZNova

Double-dipped on Alan Wake. Already own it on 360, but the DLC and American Nightmare included for 10$ was too good to pass.

Also just bought the Binding of Issac pack. Didn't realize it was from the SMB guys so I bought it based on that alone.

You made a good choice. The PC version of Alan Wake is much better than the 360 version (I own both also). Plus, the DLC is good, as is American Nightmare.

Thoraxes

So do these new profile achievement thingies do something at all? Like, can you win stuff if you complete them? This sale doesn't seem to feature any tasks at all, seems off for a Steam sale :/

Knowing Valve, you'll find out what they're for in about 6 months from now.

wilflare

interesting post on Anno 2070
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=31671801&postcount=22

I did an R&R.Get Games has better deal.

Get Games has all Anno 2070's DLC discounted as well. If you read each description of the DLC, they have all Steam version has in Collection version.

Comparison:
Get Games. Total cost $21.32:
Anno 2070 $ 13.99
DLC 1: The Eden Project $2.79 includes:
The Eden Series
The Keeper
The Development Scenario
DLC 2: Financial Crisis Pack $2.79 includes:
Central Statistical
Crisis Response
Distrust Series
DLC 3: Nordamak Conflict $1.75 includes:
Silent Running
Nordamak
Red EVE

Steam $29.99:
Anno 2070
The EVE (Red EVE)
Nordamak
Central Statistical
Crisis Response
Distrust Series
Silent Running
The Development Scenario
The Eden Series
The Keeper

http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/anno-5-2070-deluxe

but seems like it's not Steam-able.

qwerty2k

Times like this that it sucks being on a Mac and unable to take advantage of a lot of these sales :( (i don't want to run bootcamp).

PaulLFC

My brother has a badge for the Treasure Hunt a couple of sales ago, but I don't seem to have one even though I completed quite a few of the tasks. Strange.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Times like this that it sucks being on a Mac and unable to take advantage of a lot of these sales :( (i don't want to run bootcamp).

Which makes it your own fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom