• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's true though, the sales from those sites are much better. Sonic Generations for instance was much cheaper in Amazon before, and GMG had 20% off on new games like Endless Space.

Aw shit, sleep made me miss the AC:R deal.

I missed it too but I did it on purpose, I'm waiting for the entire AC pack to get discounted. It was 66% when that sale was on (so it was 44$ instead of 49$) but figured the 5 I could have saved is worth spending should it not happen to go on sale more than that (cause I would be kicking myself so hard for buying it too early)
I haven't bought anything yet o_O

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Third day in and I've yet to purchase anything, not sure if feels good or bad.

I'm not that reserved. I need restraint, lol.

dfbop.png

mannerbot

Why does it "deserve" the sale? It's been on sale many times already, and will be on sale many times again. It's no more deserving than the other two games.

It is more deserving because it's the best of the three games by far and I want it to get as much exposure as possible. Not everyone's bought it in previous sales or even heard of it before. If you cared so much for Q.U.B.E. you'd already own it anyway, so why do you care about what I vote for? You can buy Secret of the Magic Crystals or Cricket Revolution if you want to add to your games owned list.

Koroviev

Ugh, Rayman Origins is running at an unstable 30 fps on my PC, which is more than capable enough to run it. I'm using MotionJoy to emulate a 360 controller.

Suggestions? :(

mannerbot

Ugh, Rayman Origins is running at an unstable 30 fps on my PC, which is more than capable enough to run it. I'm using MotionJoy to emulate a 360 controller.

Suggestions? :(

Not sure why it would affect it either way, but maybe try not running MotionJoy? I'm assuming you're using a PS3 controller since you said you're emulating a 360 controller, but the game seems to natively recognize controllers fine. I'm using my dual-modded MadCatz TE stick to play and both 360 and (ChImp) PS3 modes work without running any outside software.

Koroviev

Not sure why it would affect it either way, but maybe try not running MotionJoy? I'm assuming you're using a PS3 controller since you said you're emulating a 360 controller, but the game seems to natively recognize controllers fine. I'm using my dual-modded MadCatz TE stick to play and both 360 and (ChImp) PS3 modes work without running any outside software.

Why would you use MotionJoy when the game has native pad support?

I didn't realize it did. However, closing the program doesn't help :(

Sadist

Damage so far:

- Assassin's Creed II € 13,39
- Alan Wake € 8,99

Now I just need Dead Rising 2: Off the Record and I'm pretty much done.

PaulLFC

It is more deserving because it's the best of the three games by far and I want it to get as much exposure as possible. Not everyone's bought it in previous sales or even heard of it before. If you cared so much for Q.U.B.E. you'd already own it anyway, so why do you care about what I vote for? You can buy Secret of the Magic Crystals or Cricket Revolution if you want to add to your games owned list.
:lol Talk about an overreaction.

Your point about QUBE is wrong. I care about getting the best value for the games I want, therefore if QUBE has the chance of a discount I want that to get the vote. It has never been 75% off before whereas Super Meat Boy has, many times.

I wasn't even questioning your vote, I was questioning your statement that it is somehow "more deserving" of the overall vote than the other two games. Next time you should read posts properly before defaulting to Super Meat Boy fanboy mode.

Fixed1979

:lol Talk about an overreaction.

Your point about QUBE is wrong. I care about getting the best value for the games I want, therefore if QUBE has the chance of a discount I want that to get the vote. It has never been 75% off before whereas Super Meat Boy has, many times.

I wasn't even questioning your vote, I was questioning your statement that it is somehow "more deserving" of the overall vote than the other two games. Next time you should read posts properly before defaulting to Super Meat Boy fanboy mode.

If it helps I voted for cube. Disappointed Metro didn't get in last time, GO CUBE!

Max

I am not Max
Maybe the Bioshock franchise pack will make it to $5 as a daily... I'm seriously feeling too cheap to get part 2 for $5 because of the bad rep it has here

It does help! Metro is 75% off at GreenManGaming btw if you still want it, although you won't get the key right away as they've ran out and need to request more.

Actually not a bad sales tactics for other sites. See what game gets support from the community but doesn't quite make the sale and discount heavily.

Dark Souls is now available for preorder on Steam, the price is 40€.

I'm still pretty dubious about the port and it has GFWL. No pre-order discount means it is still very much "wait and see" time.

Demon Ice

Banned
Pleasantly surprised by the lighting and shadowing in Alan Wake, and how well the game runs maxed out on my 5770.

Less pleasantly surprised by the hilariously bad facial animation and texture work but the game seems quite fun so far. Fantastic atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom