• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, first-time poster, long-time lurker.

Can someone tell me what the price is for Super Street Fighter IV: AE? Is it still on sale? It's not available for my region and I'm thinking of asking some folks there in the US to see if they can gift it for me and I'll just pay in PayPal.

Thanks!

Hi everyone, first-time poster, long-time lurker.

Can someone tell me what the price is for Super Street Fighter IV: AE? Is it still on sale? It's not available for my region and I'm thinking of asking some folks there in the US to see if they can gift it for me and I'll just pay in PayPal.

Thanks!

It was a flash deal earlier today for $9.99 USD :(
Now it is $19.99.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Why did SSFIVAE become region locked anyway? I recall it being available to me before (had already a discount due to owning SFIV).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Half-Life 3 will be out by the time this finishes.

gHwjz.jpg

Edit: In situations like this, I usually just download a cracked version from Usenet, throw it into the steamapps folder, and resume the download; but every post I came across was broken, so ultimately I just wasted ~two hours that should have been spent downloading the game via Steam at ~1Mbps.

Salsa

are you seriously telling me your account's name is "nofuckingidea"

next you're gonna tell me you use "insertusernamehere" as a nickname

JaseC

Steam downloads are unusable for Aussies 2 months a year, thats the only down side to these mega sales.

Yeah, it's frustrating. Although, AirMech just updated at ~300KBps. Why no love for Alan, Steam?

are you seriously telling me your account's name is "nofuckingidea"

next you're gonna tell me you use "insertusernamehere" as a nickname

Haha, all of the other names that came to mind at the time were taken. I wasn't even expecting it to work.

coopolon

How are the mouse/keyboard controls for both Alan Wake games? I played the first with no DLC on 360 and thought it was fun but I don't like using gamepad for tps games (which Alan Wake basically is.) So the notion of getting it, the DLC, and American Nightmare with good kb/m controls is appealing to me, but if the kb/m controls are terrible then I'll pass.

Dingotech

Day 2 purchases -

Half Life 1 - $2.49
Binding of Isaac DLC - $0.74
PayDay 4 Pack - $14.99

I'm tempted by Alan Wake but I've already played and finished it on 360.

JaseC

Alice is only 5$ or what?
Why is it expensive for €?

It is for NA-GAF, and the answer to your second question is "EA."

How are the mouse/keyboard controls for both Alan Wake games? I played the first with no DLC on 360 and thought it was fun but I don't like using gamepad for tps games (which Alan Wake basically is.) So the notion of getting it, the DLC, and American Nightmare with good kb/m controls is appealing to me, but if the kb/m controls are terrible then I'll pass.

They're fine.

It was a flash deal earlier today for $9.99 USD :(
Now it is $19.99.

Ah crap. I guess it's now down to Skyrim and Witcher 2, then. I reserved $54 for this sale and so far, my only damage are Darksiders and the Broken Sword pack.

Unless Gaben decides to be overly generous and slashes Civ V: Gods & Kings too. :D

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Alice should be a no-brainer at $5 unless you really hate platformers. This game's art direction completely changed my stance on UE3 when it came out.

sankao

So.. Does Darksiders get better at some point ? I have been playing for two hours, and it is mind numbing. I was hoping for a little more zelda and a little less god of war.

Retne

So.. Does Darksiders get better at some point ? I have been playing for two hours, and it is mind numbing. I was hoping for a little more zelda and a little less god of war.

If you hit the first dungeon and aren't enjoying it you probably won't like it.

I'm really excited that American Nightmare was offered in the sale as well. I was expecting Alan Wake 75% off at some point, but this is just icing on the cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom