• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retne

Alice worth it at $5? Been waiting for it

If you've been waiting for it you should bite. I doubt it will go cheaper for at least another year. It can feel a little stretched in a few levels but the combat is fun and the environments are gorgeous. There were a couple levels I would just sit back and look at the world before I even bothered continuing with the game.

Overall I would say it's worth $5. Just be prepared to use a controller. The menus at least felt very m+kb unfriendly.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Regarding the Whispered World:

I'm not seeing this on sale. Still shows $20 for me.

Yeah, not sure where he got that price from.

I bought it on Amazon months ago for peanuts. Less than 5. Like 2.50 or something. But it wasn't a Steam key.

Which is a shame, because that post really sold me on it.

Me too. For shame!

Stupid. 5€ for me in Germany and apparently spain too. Put it on your wishlist! Great game, and it definitely will get a US discount at some point too. Maybe next sale :) I'll make sure to bug you guys again though, when it gets another sale.

mclem

Is it not possible to add packs or DLC to a wishlist? I can't find the button, maybe I'm being blind...

I've been adding games to my wishlist as a helpful 'if this hasn't been a daily(/flash) deal by the end of the sale, buy it on the final day' reference, but I'm having difficulty with Dungeon Defenders. I already own DD, but I think i'll pick up DLC for it - but I can't add DD to my wishlist because I own it, and I can't find a control to add the pack to a wishlist so I can't use my wishlist as a reminder list.

Am I missing something?

Edit: Oh, just packs. Found the control for dlc now. That's me covered for the small bits, but not Eternia Shards.

Tomodachi

So I've decided to get Max Payne 3. It's so much cheaper in the UK, can any kind soul from over there gift it to me? Will paypal in advance, pay the fees myself etc.

User id: fei85.

Haha, I noticed Alan Wake going on Flash Sale before I dozed off, then I woke up in the middle of the night thinking, "I NEED TO GET ALAN WAKE!" to which I hazily stumbled to my computer, vision blurry, making the few clicks necessary to get the franchise pack. Then I stumbled back to bed and slept for the rest of the night.

Gabe, what have you done to me.

Shit guys, I accidentally played one of my Steam games! Look what you force me to do when you give me respite from Flash Deals, Gabe!

Tomb Raider Legend is just as awesome as I remember it being back in my PS2 days. Kind of a janky PC version, but it runs at a solid 60 with every tickbox checked (including my new favourite graphical option: 'Next Generation Content'). My absolute favourite thing about the Legend trilogy is the way they'll just drop you into a level and leave you alone to figure it out. That quiet, serene time spent running around, slowly solving huge puzzles step by step is something you just don't get in other games. There's always just a little too much combat, but when you ratchet the difficulty down to Easy you just have to lock-on and fire and somersault until everyone's down.

Well, the Tomb Raider deal is over, so I guess that doesn't help anyone :p

DSix

Banned
I'm kinda on the fence for Alice Madness Returns.

I keep hearing of people saying it's good. I don't know, I do like how it looks, but I'm not sure if the gameplay or level design will offer more than just a pretty scenery.

I keep hearing of people saying it's good. I don't know, I do like how it looks, but I'm not sure if the gameplay or level design will offer more than just a pretty scenery.

It is just pretty scenery.

Some people still do love it, but if you buy it realise this will most likely apply to you:

* It is a pretty game with a unique art style
* The gameplay is functional however...
* It is the same throughout, it will get boring fast. As such you will only play half of it, if that, before getting fed up.

None of that is necessarily bad..to me it is still worth the price.

If you personally add that up and think it is still worth $5 you are good to go with the right frame of mind.

Ledsen

It's incredibly repetitive. The levels are at least 3 times too long. That said, its very pretty and even if you can only stand the repetion for 4-5 hours like me, it's still worth $5.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Isn't Winter Voices supposed to come back? Devs bought the rights to the game and want to get it (and the DLC) back on Steam.

Thankfully, I still need the other parts other than 1.

2San

It was pretty meh to me. The combat and platforming where all pretty average. The game looked pretty though, but not enough to hook me. I'd say don't bother, unless you want look at pretty scenery.

To everyone thinking about payday:
BUY L4D INSTEAD
I felt bad for wasting 5 on Payday. I got fooled: Watched some videos and looked nice, same team as Left 4 Dead and the latest patch with additional content. So what can go wrong?

Glitches, zero AI and bullet absorbant enemies. This and Borderlands (not the games fault) are my worst purchases so far.

Detox

What if you already have played both l4d 1 and 2? I guess my question is, is the game fun at all with a few buddies, or should it be missed completely?

No, just download custom maps here and the official dev blog for L4D has 7 recommended custom maps here on the right hand side of the page.

Durante

I think it's a great game. It's very "90s" or "early 00s" in terms of design, with tons of hidden areas, and it can get pretty hard on the higher difficulties.

I felt bad for wasting 5 on Payday. I got fooled: Watched some videos and looked nice, same team as Left 4 Dead and the latest patch with additional content. So what can go wrong?

Glitches, zero AI and bullet absorbant enemies. This and Borderlands (not the games fault) are my worst purchases so far.

Really? Ok, no thanks then, what are other 4 player coop games to keep an eye out for?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hmmm so I take it that their moving of games to the new server and format is one by one then?

Pretty much; it's an ongoing process. When I reinstalled Steam earlier in the year and moved my steamapps folder back, about half of my games were converted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom