• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enco

Haha, I noticed Alan Wake going on Flash Sale before I dozed off, then I woke up in the middle of the night thinking, "I NEED TO GET ALAN WAKE!" to which I hazily stumbled to my computer, vision blurry, making the few clicks necessary to get the franchise pack. Then I stumbled back to bed and slept for the rest of the night.

Gabe, what have you done to me.
Haha I can totally imagine that happening to me. Can't miss out on those killer deals.

kafiend

Pretty much; it's an ongoing process. When I reinstalled Steam earlier in the year and moved my steamapps folder back, about half of my games were converted.

I did the same thing when I installed a new SSD/OS but almost all my games went "do not automatically update" Don;t think there is a Steam-wide thing to turn them all back on at once either.

Really? Ok, no thanks then, what are other 4 player coop games to keep an eye out for?
Instead of listing several games i will give you one of my favorites. If you haven't tried already go for Sanctum. It's as CooP as you can possibly get, there's a planification stage where you need to share strategies with the others and an action part.

lettermassing

Neo Member
Spent £20 so far (Max Payne 3, Street Fighter) was interested in some of the indie packs for Botanicula and Lone Survivor but I have all of the others already. Is Alan Wake worth £5?

1-D_FTW

So.. Does Darksiders get better at some point ? I have been playing for two hours, and it is mind numbing. I was hoping for a little more zelda and a little less god of war.

IMO it gets worse. The whole Zelda comparison gets played up way too much. It's basically a game that constantly locks you in a room and forces you to mash the controller for 5 minutes before proceeding to the next. Rinse and repeat constantly.

Are you checking the framerate with FRAPS? Because I'm getting 30 fps and it does indeed feel like slow-motion.

Something seems messed up, because Rayman Origins could run at 1080P/60fps on a calculator. It's shocking how little the CPU & GPU are utilized if you check the graphs while playing.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I did the same thing when I installed a new SSD/OS but almost all my games went "do not automatically update" Don;t think there is a Steam-wide thing to turn them all back on at once either.

There isn't, but there really needs to be. Nothing is more annoying than needing to use Offline Mode and finding that Steam has detected but not downloaded an update for the game you want to play, having at some prior point dimwittedly disabled automatic updates, therefore rendering said game temporarily useless.

Edit: I can't type tonight.

kami_sama

Spent £20 so far (Max Payne 3, Street Fighter) was interested in some of the indie packs for Botanicula and Lone Survivor but I have all of the others already. Is Alan Wake worth £5?
Yes. It's a game I love, but not everyone does. Even then, I think it's well worth 5 pounds. And I shall suggest you to buy the entire series, AN is in some regards better than the original one.

Danneee

Started downloading the Space Marine demo. Then, being too impatient, found myself just buying the full game instead. Damn you steam!

JoeBoy101

Up to $45 and 8 games bought so far, running a $5 a game average. Steam you magnificent bastard!

Added Alan Wake (triple dip, bought twice on 360), American Nightmare, and Alice to the mix. My desktop (recently played or new games) is the fullest its been in a while.

Spierek

Finally forced my credit card into submission and got Alice: Madness Returns and Alan Wake's American Nightmare (loved the first one) for 6,74 GBP. They'll be a welcome addition to my neverending pile of "would like to play but...".

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I think it's a great game. It's very "90s" or "late 00s" in terms of design, with tons of hidden areas, and it can get pretty hard on the higher difficulties.

I agree with Durante. Fantastic experience. :)

I can't understand the love that game gets. It has some interesting elements, but I found the combat broken to the point where I had to give up halfway through it after playing one bit dozens of times.

I think all the love is because when you buy a powerful PC, it is one of the few games that makes you actually happy you purchased a powerful PC.

It is worth it for that factor.

ZeroEdge

Holy shit.
I wake up at 4am and 7am only to check the flash deals from my iphone.
Gabe, you monster!

I hear you I found my self doing the same thing...this madness needs to stop before the wife kills me....but I just can't pass up good games for so cheap damn you GABEN!

I hear you I found my self doing the same thing...this madness needs to stop before the wife kills me....but I just can't pass up good games for so cheap damn you GABEN!

My wife asked me today..."why did you get up so early this morning?". Didn't know where to start.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
My wife asked me today..."why did you get up so early this morning?". Didn't know where to start.

Same happened to me yesterday. Gf was totally puzzled about me getting up this early.

"I'm going to see if there is a game I want to buy but probably won't play" is a can of worms waiting to happen.

Gentlemen. We have a problem

It is worse:

"Well there is this big sale on, and they change the games every 8 hours or so...and I wanted to get up so I could vote for what the next discount would be"

"but if you want the game, why don't you just buy it?"

"Well it isn't about getting a game, I just need to vote to work toward upgrading my steam summer sale badge"

"but it is winter?"

"yeah but Summer for American's"

"hmm, ok, so what does the badge do?"

"....."

Can someone be so kind as to give me a price check on Arkham City? GFWL didn't seem to think we Southeast Asians are worthy to purchase the game.

Also, is the DRM on that as atrocious as they say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom