• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroEdge

It is worse:

"Well there is this big sale on, and they change the games every 8 hours or so...and I wanted to get up so I could vote for what the next discount would be"

"but if you want the game, why don't you just buy it?"

"Well it isn't about getting a game, I just need to vote to work toward upgrading my steam summer sale badge"

"but it is winter?"

"yeah but Summer for American's"

"hmm, ok, so what does the badge do?"

"....."

personally I find if I really push the sale aspect the wife is like "wow that can't be right you got 5 items for less then $25 but don't you normally spend like $50 a game??"

It's like the amazing sale prices distract her from the fact that I am still spending money largely on games I may never play lol.

BeesEight

personally I find if I really push the sale aspect the wife is like "wow that can't be right you got 5 items for less then $25 but don't you normally spend like $50 a game??"

It's like the amazing sale prices distract her from the fact that I am still spending money largely on games I may never play lol.

The ladies always love a good saving. This is the route to take gentlemen.

GHG

Damn it. Looks like I missed the Trine 2 and Rayman Origin sales.

Any chance they will repeat or are there some deals on these 2 games elsewhere?

Deliverance

Neo Member
I liked the concept of the demo :(

Don't know if anyone told you already, but the company broke. They're re-releasing it, though. Some guy could buy all the rights from the game and is working on a patch to fix many of the horrible flaws the game had. They also finished episode... 5, I think it is. I personally can't wait, I liked a lot what I played on the first episode (the only one I bought). It was a extremely flawed game, and I understand why people don't like it, though. The writing and that depressing atmosphere amazed me, I'm looking forward to get all episodes.

Thank ye. That doesn't include the DLCs, does it?

capture3bayt.png

Damn it. Looks like I missed the Trine 2 and Rayman Origin sales.

Any chance they will repeat or are there some deals on these 2 games elsewhere?
Rayman was a flash sale and Trine 2 a community selection.

They might still be daily deals, but this speculation at this point.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Tempted on Blood Bowl, what's GAF opinion on it?

Long play session? Short burst? Complicated?

Not very good from what I've seen. I actually won the game back during the Winter Sale but traded it for something else, so I can't say how it is from personal experience.

VaeVictis

Might & Magic : Clash of Heroes was on sale 75% off yesterday. Today it's only 33%. It was neither a daily deal or flash sale - why did the price change today?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Might & Magic : Clash of Heroes was on sale 75% off yesterday. Today it's only 33%. It was neither a daily deal or flash sale - why did the price change today?

OMG SUMMER SALE TOMORROW CONFI- aw.

Gave in and bought Binary Domain. Wanted to wait for a $20 PS3 version, but it runs really well on my MacBook pro with its 6770m in bootcamp.

Apdiddy

Looking at the BioShock franchise pack and the sweet deal (although Amazon.com has it for cheaper), but I have a question: Did 2K ever release the DLC for BioShock 2 on Steam or no?

njean777

Wait, I bought the Alan Wake pack and was wondering did they ever release the second dlc for pc? I believe there was two of them, and I only got American Nightmare....

I felt bad for wasting 5 on Payday. I got fooled: Watched some videos and looked nice, same team as Left 4 Dead and the latest patch with additional content. So what can go wrong?

Glitches, zero AI and bullet absorbant enemies. This and Borderlands (not the games fault) are my worst purchases so far.

What were you expecting? L4D didn't have the best AI either. PAYDAY is great, especially with friends, it's almost copypasta L4D except zombies are switched with SWAT. What more could you want? If you think they are dumb, come play with me and my buddies with difficulty on overkill. You will have a blast, I promise...

derExperte

Wait, I bought the Alan Wake pack and was wondering did they ever release the second dlc for pc? I believe there was two of them, and I only got American Nightmare....

“The Signal” and “The Writer” are integrated directly into the game. Can't buy them separately at all I think.

Enco

New Vegas today! Come on Gaben. Do this for me.

I think I'm done after NV. I could get BD too but I have plenty as it is. Don't know where to start.

Euphor!a

Banned
If I wanted to play a game purely for the mechanics and the gameplay and I couldn't care less about story, should I play AC: Brotherhood or AC: Revelations?

jerd

How is Magicka Collection? Between Amazon and Steam I must have had it in some digital cart and taken it out a dozen times. I can't decide how I feel about it.

njean777

“The Signal” and “The Writer” are integrated directly into the game. Can't buy them separately at all I think.

Oh good, I feel better now

If I wanted to play a game purely for the mechanics and the gameplay and I couldn't care less about story, should I play AC: Brotherhood or AC: Revelations?

Brotherhood: yes, Revelations: you can skip if you want. I like A Creed a lot and even I skipped on Revelations.

Tempted on Blood Bowl, what's GAF opinion on it?

Long play session? Short burst? Complicated?

From what I understand, the turnbased mode is a very faithful recreation of the tabletop game, the realtime mode isn't worth the code it's made on, the UI is apparently a shambles and there's the spectre of the forthcoming Choas Edition which may or may not be incompatible with the Legendary edition. To be honest, unless there's a league that you really want to be in (such as the Divisions of Death hosted on Rock Paper Shotgun's forums), save yer cash and stick to FUMBBL.

1-D_FTW

What were you expecting? L4D didn't have the best AI either. PAYDAY is great, especially with friends, it's almost copypasta L4D except zombies are switched with SWAT. What more could you want? If you think they are dumb, come play with me and my buddies with difficulty on overkill. You will have a blast, I promise...

I think he just meant the characters that got added for the Payday DLC. Because L4D and Payday were most certainly not made by the same developer. L4D was Turtle Rock (with huge and obvious Valve influences) and Payday was made by Overkill.

0OoO0

So I have just played the first level of Alan Wake American Nightmare and I accidently finished the level early and missed out on getting one of the manuscript in the motel room.

Who else did this? How was I suppose to know picking up that key will end the level. Bah I hate when developers do this. Now I have to replay the level again, so fucking annoying!

So I have just played the first level of Alan Wake American Nightmare and I accidently finished the level early and missed out on getting one of the manuscript in the motel room.

Who else did this? How was I suppose to know picking up that key will end the level. Bah I hate when developers do this. Now I have to replay the level again, so fucking annoying!

The manuscript pages are optional. Also, you'll be back to the motel a couple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom