• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resilient

Alan Wake is so good, would buy but playing on Xbox atm anyway. Recommend it to people sitting on the fence/looking for a game to play for a little/looking for a dopamine rush. There is a sequel coming soon also, going by the news Salsa Shark posted.

It is worse:

"Well there is this big sale on, and they change the games every 8 hours or so...and I wanted to get up so I could vote for what the next discount would be"

"but if you want the game, why don't you just buy it?"

"Well it isn't about getting a game, I just need to vote to work toward upgrading my steam summer sale badge"

"but it is winter?"

"yeah but Summer for American's"

"hmm, ok, so what does the badge do?"

"....."

Hah that's exactly how it would go down if my wife was to ask me what I was doing getting up so early... except she'd then be mad at me for spending more money on games :O

Will there be a deal on Arham City DLC?

I'm a little behind on the sales today but if it hasn't already been a daily deal or a flash deal (and it hasn't lost a community vote) I'd imagine it will show up in a franchise sale sometime before the end as I vaguely recall it being on sale in the past.

gdt

I'm prettttttty broke until Tuesday (just got back from vacation and spent more than I shouldve), but I haven't need to buy anything...yet. QUBE will be staring at me hard if it gets its sale.

njean777

Uhh... no offense but then why would I take your opinion?

Well lets see, you posted in a thread about which one you should play, I answered. That is usually how things go on the internet, on a message board... If you didn't want an opinion then you wouldn't post on a message board. I never said I didn't play Revelations (I played it for about 2 hours), I just never completed it, which in turn means I skipped it.

Also look at reviews for both and tell me which one has better reviews...

JonCha

Alan Wake is so good, would buy but playing on Xbox atm anyway. Recommend it to people sitting on the fence/looking for a game to play for a little/looking for a dopamine rush. There is a sequel coming soon also, going by the news Salsa Shark posted.

Playing American Nightmare now and it's really fun. Enjoying it more than Alan Wake 1, anyway.

haikira

I'm a little behind on the sales today but if it hasn't already been a daily deal or a flash deal (and it hasn't lost a community vote) I'd imagine it will show up in a franchise sale sometime before the end as I vaguely recall it being on sale in the past.

It did lose a community vote. =S

Stupid Saints Row 3.

It did lose the communtiy vote.
I wanted the game, but also wanted a sale on the Saints Row DLC. What I got is that Saints Row III won, and Batman lost, so well, at least I could get the DLC cheaper...
WRONG
DLC still 33%

Playing American Nightmare now and it's really fun. Enjoying it more than Alan Wake 1, anyway.

American Nightmare was fantastic. I am really pissed I paid full price to play in on my Xbox. Steam is drawing me back to PC gaming with its cheaper prices. Even though I finished Alan wake already, I will likely rebuy this pack when the Thanksgiving sale occurs.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Everyone better vote on QUBE for the next deal. It's hardly been on sale compared to the other 2! You can also find the others on sale quite frequently on every service!

Euphor!a

Banned
Well lets see, you posted in a thread about which one you should play, I answered. That is usually how things go on the internet, on a message board... If you didn't want an opinion then you wouldn't post on a message board. I never said I didn't play Revelations (I played it for about 2 hours), I just never completed it, which in turn means I skipped it.

Also look at reviews for both and tell me which one has better reviews...

Well most of the negatives regarding any review for Revelations cite its sameness to Brotherhood and the story, neither of which are particularly relevant to my situation.

LiquidMetal14

But it'll be in the Day 7 Indie Bundle (Zombie Driver, Dungeons of Dredmor, Vessel, Avadon, Qube).

So will SMB and PVZ at some point! I mean on a fire sale or indie bundle of some sort. QUBE is rarely on sale. QUBE will be under 5 as well. Too good to not vote for.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Woke up and voted for QUBE since it's one of the few games I really wanted cheap in this sale...

And SMB will probably win despite having been in the Humble Bundle (everyone should already have it, hell, I have it on 2 platforms)

Spierek

How is Tribes? I am thinking of buying the 5 dollar boost.

I played it back in the beta, really liked it (but I've moved on to other games). The 5$ boost is probably really worth the price, if you'd like to get some better gear quickly.

New Vegas today! Come on Gaben. Do this for me.

I think I'm done after NV. I could get BD too but I have plenty as it is. Don't know where to start.

I'd be surprised if Valve didn't go for a Fallout franchise sale. I'm also waiting for BD, seeing how it gets loads of praise from GAF users.

derExperte

So will SMB and PVZ at some point! I mean on a fire sale or indie bundle of some sort. QUBE is rarely on sale. QUBE will be under 5 as well. Too good to not vote for.

I did vote for it too. Was more meant as a heads up if anyone is interested and doesn't know about the upcoming bundle.

LiquidMetal14

I still want to see an Elder Scrolls (particularly Morrowind/Oblivion), RE5, and a Fallout NV sale. I'm talking like 5 for NV GOTY type sale!

oneils

Might & Magic : Clash of Heroes was on sale 75% off yesterday. Today it's only 33%. It was neither a daily deal or flash sale - why did the price change today?

If you click through the daily deals you will find that some of them have a package deal to go along with it and the individual items within the package are also on sale.

Clash of Heroes was part of the Might and Magic: Heroes VI deal.

JonCha

American Nightmare was fantastic. I am really pissed I paid full price to play in on my Xbox. Steam is drawing me back to PC gaming with its cheaper prices. Even though I finished Alan wake already, I will likely rebuy this pack when the Thanksgiving sale occurs.

Don't have any idea what's going on though lol. Probably should have played The Signal DLC first.

And nah, it's worth the price. We're cheating Remedy off buying paying £3 haha.

njean777

Well most of the negatives regarding any review for Revelations cite its sameness to Brotherhood and the story, neither of which are particularly relevant to my situation.

Well then buy either one, they are both pretty much the same game. But of course since I do care about the story you wouldn't get anything out of revelations if you didn't play brotherhood. Plus Revelations has a half assed version of tower defense which is no fun.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
ßthePenguin;39858749 said:
So what are the impressions on From Dust? Tech Demo only or fun to play?

I like it. It's definitely fun to play, but perhaps not for the entirety of its campaign. The last level or two are pretty hard.

Damage so far

Binding of Isaac DLC
Alan Wake franchise
SSFIV AE
Ridge Racer Unbounded
Legend of Grimrock
Saints Row 3

65 in damage, and the wife gave me Steam wallet funds for the bday. Won't survive today I bet.

benjipwns

Banned
If you click through the daily deals you will find that some of them have a package deal to go along with it and the individual items within the package are also on sale.

Clash of Heroes was part of the Might and Magic: Heroes VI deal.
Especially if it says "FRANCHISE" on the daily deal's graphic. Although this seems to have been left off Max Payne today.

sankao

Well, I bought it and beat it in one 7 hours sitting today. Had a blast, obviously. Fun to play, liked to follow the "story". Good difficulty curve too.
Also, it felt really good every time to transform parched, inhospitable or downright hostile patches of land into little paradises.

It did lose a community vote. =S

Stupid Saints Row 3.

It did lose the communtiy vote.
I wanted the game, but also wanted a sale on the Saints Row DLC. What I got is that Saints Row III won, and Batman lost, so well, at least I could get the DLC cheaper...
WRONG
DLC still 33%

Oh that's unfortunate, I can only remember the winners of the votes so wasn't sure if it appeared or not.

In that case I would say that the best bet is probably to continue waiting until the last day (or the penultimate and last day) and hope that the community vote losers appear at that time (as we still don't really know how this works because it's completely new), possibly with other flash sales.

However, I find it bizarre that the Saints Row DLC didn't go on sale since the other games (or at least the flash sale and daily deal games) generally seem to be franchise discounts in addition to the game that is advertised. One thing that may be a possible reason is the seemingly large amount of DLC for Saints Row 3. It's possible that the game was purposely put up with the expectation that money would then be made on the DLC. As Batman Arkham City doesn't have as much I'd say the possibility of a discount on the DLC is slightly higher, that is in the event that it returns in a Flash Sale or Daily Deal.

Even still though I must say I'm rather surprised that the DLC for Saints Row 3 wasn't discounted when it was on sale via the vote, I guess that slightly lessens the chance of Batman's going on sale should it return.

LiquidMetal14

Not sure if it'll go that low. $10 is plausible. (75% off) It's been $5 for the base game in the past.

I've seen it and passed on it but I would bite on 5 for the base game and 10 for GOTY likely. I'm trying to not make big $10-15 purchases unless it's something that is worth it right now.

benjipwns

Banned
I've seen it and passed on it but I would bite on 5 for the base game and 10 for GOTY likely. I'm trying to not make big $10-15 purchases unless it's something that is worth it right now.
One thing to keep in mind if Ultimate does get 75% off and thus is $10, that's cheaper than base + same DLC (at 75%) currently. Looks like it may be approaching that No Man's Land that Episodes from Liberty City did vs. the DLC separate.

And like that instance, Steam says you already own the Ultimate Edition if you have the base game.

KuroNeeko

Anyone have any thoughts on Warlock: Master of the Arcane or The Lone Survivor, (both games on my wish list - both specials that ended yesterday :( )?

Also, anyone have any thoughts on -

A Valley Without Wind
Drakensang
Avernum: Escape from the Pit
Depths of Peril

I've only played the 360 version but here goes. I really wanted to like this game, but the controls were just too hit-and-miss. I spent so much time trying to wrestling with the awkward targeting that I'd miss stage objectives. It's pretty to look at the core game play is fun, but the technical implementation just wasn't there. Again, that was the 360 version so your mileage may vary.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Anyone have any thoughts on Warlock: Master of the Arcane or The Lone Survivor, (both games on my wish list - both specials that ended yesterday :( )?

A Valley Without Wind
Drakensang
Depths of Peril

Warlock -Apparently decent civ type game with a fantasy setting, if that description appeals to you, you'll probably like it
Lone Survivor is highly recommended
Avernum is great if you like long RPGs with some gameplay depth.
Depths of Peril is not really worth it
And Drakensang is a decent RPG too.

No comment on AVWW

DOA

It is worse:

"Well there is this big sale on, and they change the games every 8 hours or so...and I wanted to get up so I could vote for what the next discount would be"

"but if you want the game, why don't you just buy it?"

"Well it isn't about getting a game, I just need to vote to work toward upgrading my steam summer sale badge"

"but it is winter?"

"yeah but Summer for American's"

"hmm, ok, so what does the badge do?"

"....."

i got this question asked from my friends so many times

Gave in and bought Binary Domain. Wanted to wait for a $20 PS3 version, but it runs really well on my MacBook pro with its 6770m in bootcamp.

why didn't you wait for the dailies? my guess that it would drop to 10$ (as was in Amazon)

Mmmm, ive been thinking, maybe instead of the games that got best sales have a repeat again on sunday and the last day (like it has been in all the other sales), we hace a face off match between the games that have lost the vote were we have to vote again to choose losers going on sale.

Gave in and bought Binary Domain. Wanted to wait for a $20 PS3 version, but it runs really well on my MacBook pro with its 6770m in bootcamp.

You had to wait for the Daily Deals! Im also waiting for Binary Domain, and seeing that it has already a 50%, and is 9 dollars on amazon im sure it will be at least 12 dollars (I just hope is not in the voting shit thing).

A Valley Without Wind
Drakensang
Depths of Peril

I've only played the 360 version but here goes. I really wanted to like this game, but the controls were just too hit-and-miss. I spent so much time trying to wrestling with the awkward targeting that I'd miss stage objectives. It's pretty to look at the core game play is fun, but the technical implementation just wasn't there. Again, that was the 360 version so your mileage may vary.

AVWW is a very interesting platformer; I didn't play much of it yet but what I did play I liked. No regrets paying full price when it came out.

benjipwns

Banned
Mmmm, ive been thinking, maybe instead of the games that got best sales have a repeat again on sunday and the last day (like it has been in all the other sales), we hace a face off match between the games that have lost the vote were we have to vote again to choose losers going on sale.
Or maybe it's nothing but Bad Rats and Revelations 2012 on the Final Day.

Resilient

This seems really likely.

kitzkozan

Don't have any idea what's going on though lol. Probably should have played The Signal DLC first.

And nah, it's worth the price. We're cheating Remedy off buying paying £3 haha.

Well, I just supported them by buying the complete Alan Wake package and Max Payne bundle. :] This has been a very good sale so far if I take a look at the damage done to my wallet:

Crusader King 2
Alan Wake+Alan Wake american nightmare
Darksiders
Max Payne 1 & 2
Portal 2
Total War: Shogun 2 Rise of the samurai DLC+blood pack :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom