• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or is this one of the best Steam Sales around? The flash sales idea is pretty crazy and requires you to put up or shut up and spend that money in 8 hours.

Is it just me or is this one of the best Steam Sales around? The flash sales idea is pretty crazy and requires you to put up or shut up and spend that money in 8 hours.

I think the voting is shit. I mean if the games that have lost are not given another chance.

Flash deals if you lose them is your own fault, and that is making even more number of sales. Sleeping can be a problem (also if yoi go out more than 6 hours to do something, but you can still use your phone if you can have the steam app) but I have found with my CET time how to overcome that.
Go to sleep at 3 voting and watching the last flash sale, then putting the alarm clock at 8am, look on my phone, sleep again till 12am.

TP17

Had been planning on buying Max Payne 3 so grabbed that today. Just deciding between Alan Wake Franchise deal or just buying the original Alan Wake as I'm not sure it's my kind of game.

What time are the daily deals refreshed? Is it around 6pm GMT?

benjipwns

Banned
Had been planning on buying Max Payne 3 so grabbed that today. Just deciding between Alan Wake Franchise deal or just buying the original Alan Wake as I'm not sure it's my kind of game.

New daily deals will be posted in about three hours, the current ones will last for twelve hours after that.

Tambini

Yeah 6pm GMT.

Tomodachi

In other news, Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition is now available for pre-purchase.

40€, fuck Namco, that's a lot for a double dip. Really considering getting the DLC alone for PS3.

RANDOM CONTROLLER QUESTION:

Are there any 2-4 player games on Steam that work with the microsoft wireless controller adapter? Like for co op?

Razek

Banned
Wow, I knew those flash deals were going to screw me, or at least come close. Almost missed Alan Wake which I have been waiting for forever. If I hadn't of been pushed out of bed I would have slept right through it.

I always thought it looked like a cool game when it was on 360. When it was announced for PC I was so excited but wanted to wait for the summer sale. Finally got it.

RANDOM CONTROLLER QUESTION:

Are there any 2-4 player games on Steam that work with the microsoft wireless controller adapter? Like for co op?

With a bit of tweaking doesn't left for dead 2 and portal 2 support split screen coop with dual controllers? I know I got portal 2 to work with two ps3 controllers on motion joy.

Best sale for me so far. The fact that there is new stuff showing up every few hours as opposed to every day and the way we get the chance to get involved in some of the deals showing up are amazing.

I also love how the previous day dailies go on for 12 hours more.

Wok

How long does the cd-key lock out last? I tried some keys given by Tony and none worked, and now, I cannot redeem anymore.

Kingven

Hey is there a GTA Pack on Sale? it isnt available on my region... :-/

Is it possible to receive it as a gift? From someone on US? or its region locked for gift too?

Atrophis

Best sale for me so far. The fact that there is new stuff showing up every few hours as opposed to every day and the way we get the chance to get involved in some of the deals showing up are amazing.

I also love how the previous day dailies go on for 12 hours more.

Yeah its great. Ive purchased stuff every day so far which has never happened on any of the previous sales.

Damage:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
SSF4: AE
Spacechem
Alan Wake

Razek

Banned

Its been the best for me too. There are quite a few games I have wanted this time and even though I whine about it the multiple deals system makes it more interesting and fun to watch. It was pretty cool of them to have the daily deals carry over for a few hours as well.

kitzkozan

Quite possibly the best steam sale yet thanks to the flash deal which can keep you on your toes. Kinda sad that I missed the Half Life flash deal however, but I'm sure something will pop up again. :] Starting to regret passing on SSFIV AE when I look at the insane pricing on XBLA. 15$ for the AE DLC (since I would have to upgrade from my retail copy of SSFIV) and the full costume packs are beyond robbery as they are priced at ~17$ each. XD Might just sell my Xbox 360 version and jump on the next SF deal.

just wondering... Steam really are crafty, clever little fuckers...

I mean they COULD just discount EVERYTHING 75% off for like 2 weeks and then leave us alone but NO, it's much more efficient to make a little metagame out of it and have us wondering and scratching our heads as to which games to buy before the countdown runs out, scratching the itches of compulsive shoppers etc.

They know damn well what they're doing with these sales...

and they get me every.damn.time. :(

Fireblend

Banned
I've only bought Rayman Origins and Alan Wake so far; I think at this point I only want Skyrim to show up, maybe Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet because it looks pretty neat; anyone got any impressions on that one? Also I'm about to pull the trigger on PixelJunk: Eden

I mean they COULD just discount EVERYTHING 75% off for like 2 weeks and then leave us alone but NO, it's much more efficient to make a little metagame out of it and have us wondering and scratching our heads as to which games to buy before the countdown runs out, scratching the itches of compulsive shoppers etc.

Yep, frankly I hate it, I'm going to buy the games anyway I wish that I could do just that and be done with it.

MRORANGE

Next Winter Sale: 60 Second Deals.

Revoh

Is there a way some gaffer could buy me a 50$ steam wallet credit? I'll PayPal you 55$. I don't know why Steam doesn't want my money, the transaction always fails. ;/

Wanace

Is there a way some gaffer could buy me a 50$ steam wallet credit? I'll PayPal you 55$. I don't know why Steam doesn't want my money, the transaction always fails. ;/

Where are you? If you're overseas and your card isn't working, try going to http://store.steampowered.com/?CC=US or ?CC=EU or something like that to go to the region where your card is from.

I'm in China and have to shop from the ?CC=US link to make purchases. If I don't they always fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom