• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphaNoid

Banned
All these people talking about Alan Wake are making me sad I didn't jump on it. Can anyone describe the atmosphere to me a little? is it creepy??

It is exactly what is on the box. Psychological Action Thriller. Meaning that.. its not Silent Hill, its something different. Imagine reading a very creepy novel about a spooky tale set in the dark woods in the Pacific northwest. Imagine the story told in an episodic television style and imagine creepy figures, unanswered questions and spooky wooded atmosphere that sucks you in like only Bioshock could match.

Its good, its very good.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
BuhpX.png

Gotta love a game that is so lazy that it instead tells you to just install a third party application if you want controller support...

The game was built with Flash and Adobe couldn't care less about implementing controller support.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Kinda funny how the Arma II sale is only 20%. The tides sure did turn on that game.

Pre Day Z: Hey guys, Arma II is the midweek madness.
HarrisonFord-1.gif

Post Day Z: Hey guys, Arma II is 50 cents off.
lip_licker.gif

Pretty much. I'm waiting for a 50% off maybe, if god gaben wants.

Pyccko

CHRIST, this hasn't turned out how I planned at all. Already spent $71 out of my planned $30. Barring any surprises, I think the Elder Scrolls pack is the only other thing I'm gonna go for. PLEASE let it be the only other thing I'm gonna go for.

oh god

drizzle

Axel Hertz
CHRIST, this hasn't turned out how I planned at all. Already spent $71 out of my planned $30. Barring any surprises, I think the Elder Scrolls pack is the only other thing I'm gonna go for. PLEASE let it be the only other thing I'm gonna go for.

oh god

Amateurs
KuGsj.gif

100 bucks minimum for Steam Sales is my rule.

mxgt

Banned

oh god

you're one of us now.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
im sure a hundred people have asked this already; but does gaf think there's a good chance of skyrim hitting 50% off?

I'm only allowing myself to spend $50 dollars, because I'm desperate to play ANYTHING this weekend. Space Marine is alright for $8 bucks, huh? What about Bioshock 2?

Lol shouldn't guys be, I don't know... PLAYING some of your games right now? I am currently playing Binary Domain. :)

I'm only allowing myself to spend $50 dollars, because I'm desperate to play ANYTHING this weekend. Space Marine is alright for $8 bucks, huh? What about Bioshock 2?

Worth 5 dollars to me. Story was sadly not as good as first, but combat is 100% better.

Also feel free to add me on steam. Profile is The_Inquisitor. Seems like I am going to be playing the 360 a little less now. :p

Durante

Alice sucks, don't buy. Just get the art book. The controls are probably more responsive.
Alice is great, do buy. The controls are really responsive if you run it at 60 FPS.

It has great environments and exploration with tons of secret stuff to find, and solid combat and platforming.

Come on now, Alice was not that bad. In fact, for $4.99 it's a steal. It's not the best, but it's worth checking out for cheap.

I got it just cause its a game I think would be interesting to play whether its good or bad I think it'll make a good addition to my library.

The one thing am finding disappointing about the Indie Packs is that so far theres no additional games I wanna jump for.

Alice for £3.74 seems good to me - I've read its not 'great' but I've yet to see it as terrible. Hope its more than 'looks interesting'.

First buy of the sale thus far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom