• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone sell me or unsell me on Brink. I heard terrible things, were they wrong?

I am a big fan of Brink, but the online is basically dead, and the AI in singleplayer can be unnecessarily frustrating (as they behave like 'real players' do, and just go for objectives they think they can do and not necessarily objectives which help win the game).

Here's the last thread I posted a bunch about Brink in. I can't help but feel that a lot of the outright hate it gets is because it is a shit port on the 360 and that's where the most vocal internet played it.

That or they went in expecting a COD style shooter, and it really, really, really isn't.

Bentendo

9 dailies and 2 flash in 15 min oh my

mother-of-god.gif

Please guys I need an advice, should I buy Ys Origin for $7.99 or I should wait? Do you think that it will be cheaper during this sale? Thank you

benjipwns

Banned
I am a big fan of Brink, but the online is basically dead, and the AI in singleplayer can be unnecessarily frustrating (as they behave like 'real players' do, and just go for objectives they think they can do and not necessarily objectives which help win the game).

Here's the last thread I posted a bunch about Brink in. I can't help but feel that a lot of the outright hate it gets is because it is a shit port on the 360 and that's where the most vocal internet played it.

That or they went in expecting a COD style shooter, and it really, really, really isn't.
I have to admit, the AI is not entirely worse than actual players. It does give a pretty good focus to dealing with objectives compared to other bots.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Please guys I need an advice, should I buy Ys Origin for $7.99 or I should wait? Do you think that it will be cheaper during this sale? Thank you

I doubt it'll get cheaper THIS sale. As I said before, both games are fairly new (both have a March and April or April and May release dates, I can't quite remember), they're only getting 66% off and have not received a price drop yet.

By Christmas they'll most certainly be both cheaper, at either 75% off, price dropped or, maybe, even a pack-in deal.

I want them, but as I have a huge backlog, I'll pass.

see5harp

I love Machinarium and what I've played of isaac, but why are all of these developers using flash? I wish Flash would just die already.

Demon Ice

Banned
Alan Wake Easter Egg

The first 2 manuscript pages in Episode 2 are referring to / being narrated by Max Payne, right? I knew recognized that voice and the over the top gritty noir-ness, and the references to the painkillers and dead family. Good Easter Egg haha

Mairu

I still think metro 2033 will get a daily even though it didnt win against bioshock 2 in the flash sale

Wouldn't be surprised. That's why I'm OK with Witcher 2 losing the first vote. I have faith it will come back. Brink lost a community vote but now it's a flash sale

Do the daily deals overlap now, or can I wait until the new dailies to buy stuff from today?

You have 12 hours after the new batch of dailies to buy from the old batch (so 6am BST tomorrow morning).

Wait, so if I buy an Indie Bundle as a gift and add it to my inventory, I can keep some of the games for myself and gift others? Or is it all or nothing?
All or nothing, you can't split bundles.

JonCha

Buying Madness Returns for £3.74 instead. Hopefully the dailies will drop something like Skyrim.

And what's Ys origin? Even from the screenshots it doesn't look like something I'll enjoy.

KarmaCow

Wait, so if I buy an Indie Bundle as a gift and add it to my inventory, I can keep some of the games for myself and gift others? Or is it all or nothing?

Pretty sure it's all or nothing. I don't think the games are added as separate items when you gift it to your self.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Stupid question time:
should i bother with YS on PC since i have them on PSP?

Definitely for Origin since it's not even on PSP.

PC version of Oath looks a lot better and plays better with a real controller, IMO, but it lacks some extras from the PSP version (voice acting and some other minor stuff). I'd go with the PC version in the case of picking on over the other, but if you already have the PSP version you may not feel like double dipping.

I have to admit, the AI is not entirely worse than actual players. It does give a pretty good focus to dealing with objectives compared to other bots.

Yeah, I was very specific in my wording for a reason; I see "Brinks AI is shit" a lot, but I actually think it's not - it's atually easier to make AI with godlike aim that always knows where you are and works with the other cpu players flawlessly.

Brinks AI seems too clever for its own good; it plays like crappy pub players who are going for personal score and K:D ratios, but not helping the team much.

mclem

Happy now, just found the background art without the information boxes overlaid. Shame they were a little bit hidden away, but now I can get the Treehouse Tale in full. Burn those ants, Cyl!

The daily deals overlap for a few hours at least. Just looking at Space Marine's page, you've got 12 hours still for today's dailies.

This is the first time thats happened right? I remember last year that yesterday's deals would go away right when the new ones popped up.

My haul so far, only daily deals or flash deals:

Binding of Isaac
Sanctum
Ys Age: Origins
Trine 2

That's less than $20 so far but man, I am weak to sales when I wake up. Steam on my phone is roping in the money from my wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom