• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

hmm I wonder if Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet is going to go on sale by itself

I don't want the rest of the indie games so I don't feel like spending $10 on it and it's $9 by itself

mclem

Tell me about Two Worlds II Castle Defense; it doesn't seem to have much documentation on the Two Worlds II page. Is it part of Two Worlds II made standalone, a separate game or what?

Musing on Dead Island and DIRT Showdown. Tropico 4 is a definite.

Caerith

Note on Orcs Must Die,

1. Sequel (with co-op and endless mode) comes out in less than 3 weeks.
2. Owning the original game unlocks 10 maps from that game in the sequel, maybe you can play them co-op?
3. It's a lot of fun.
Did not know #2. I recommend the DLC for Orcs Must Die. The challenge maps are interesting remixes of original maps with completely new balance, and the new weapons are really nice.

Is Sam and Max any good? How does it compare to the original Sam and Max game? I loved that game!
Steve Purcell was involved in the new S&M games too. The puzzles are pretty good but the writing is amazing. I recommend playing all three seasons, it's the best work Telltale has done.

gdt

I'm really getting to the point where Steam Sales don't phase me anymore. Anything I've wanted the last 3 days, I already own.

I'm just looking at Cryostasis and GalCivII to buy at the moment, I seriously doubt those will hit Daily/Community/Flash deals.

Meier

Highly, highly recommend buying the Tropico 4 bundle with Modern Times. It's flawed (as is every Tropico game) but you'll definitely get $16 worth!

I've bought the original, Modern Times and the Plantador DLC personally.

LM4sure

Banned
Steve Purcell was involved in the new S&M games too. The puzzles are pretty good but the writing is amazing. I recommend playing all three seasons, it's the best work Telltale has done.

Fantastic! Just bought it. Can't wait to play. I like that they are broken down by episodes. Hopefully they are shorter. That's what I like about TWD games. I can sit and beat the game in a couple hours and move on. I don't have time to spend 30 hours playing one game! Episodes makes it easier to digest for me.

Two Worlds II Velvet Edition and Orcs Must Die Game of the Year for me today. Going to have to top up the Steam Wallet. Might just throw another $100 in there.

Being a person that only buys games during the sales really does pay off.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I kind of want to play Skyrim on a Not Busted platform (PS3 version, kind stopped playing that game). But only 50% off...$29 for Skyrim, or just do the $49 pack and get all of New Vegas too?

Let me know if a Dead Island resurgence happens, I'd like to play some more, never got near the ending of it.

Bentendo

Add me: Wario64

Bentendo, I guess you can gift it to someone else? Sorry for the confusion

No problem! ALRIGHT! First person to quote this gets the game for free (frozen synapse for those not paying attention).

Username: bentendo24 or vegeben. Again, not really sure which one it is.

LM4sure

Banned
Frozen Synapse got Terraria'd. If you understand that joke, good for you.

Hah! I remember that. Was that the last summer sale? I bought it within the first 10 minutes then they increased the price. I wouldn't have minded spending the extra money on it. I got a lot of play out of it.

Double

To add a contrasting point of view, I'd say this is pretty much the worst Steam sale I've ever been through. Not because of what's put on sale--obviously how much or how little I personally buy has nothing to do with if it's a good sale. I already have a ton of games, and so it's natural that many deals will be on stuff I already have.--but because of the characteristics of the sale. I want to say first that I love the flash and community voted deals, I have no objections to either.[...]
Very valid points there, sir.

I just wanna add that i do dislike the community deals. As in the last vote: 35% Plants vs Zombies, 34% SMB and 31% Cubes makes 65% of the community "lose" on that one. Thats just not a good feeling and not helping with deals.

HoosTrax

Highly, highly recommend buying the Tropico 4 bundle with Modern Times. It's flawed (as is every Tropico game) but you'll definitely get $16 worth!

I've bought the original, Modern Times and the Plantador DLC personally.
I got 90 hours out of Tropico 4 + Modern Times -- well worth it. One of my personal sleeper hits this year.

Firebrand

So if we bought it when it was 90 we don't have any penalty right?
No, just check your receipt to make sure you paid the previous price. IIRC Steam does not reserve the price when you add things to the cart, I wonder how many people get burned by sudden price changes like this one.

No problem! ALRIGHT! First person to quote this gets the game for free (frozen synapse for those not paying attention).

Username: bentendo24 or vegeben. Again, not really sure which one it is.

Saw "FREE". Will finish reading later!

Edit: and still faaaaar too late...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom